Thread: Ravens Captains

Ravens Captains

The NFL is having each of the teams captains where the "C" on their jersey this year. Every team I see is doing this except the Ravens. Anyone know why?

Re: Ravens Captains

I think Matt Stover has a C.

3. Re: Ravens Captains

Ok can someone explain what the Green dots are on the back of helmets are? I thought they were put on the teams captains???

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The green dots are the helmets that have the audio receivers in them. Only one can be on the field and only when you are on offense. If Smith and Boller are in the game at the same time one of them has to switch to a different helmet.

The organization decided to go without an on-field captain. I *think* there are a couple other teams that also don't have one, but I can't remember which they are.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

6. Re: Ravens Captains

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The green dots are the helmets that have the audio receivers in them. Only one can be on the field and only when you are on offense. If Smith and Boller are in the game at the same time one of them has to switch to a different helmet.

Ok now don't I feel retarded!!:insane: Thanks for clearing that up!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiesty Ravens Chic View Post
    Ok now don't I feel retarded!!:insane: Thanks for clearing that up!

The Ravens opted not to adopt the captain badge for their uniforms. It is a team option and not a league mandattory.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

8. Re: Ravens Captains

Yeah the Ravens, redskins, Packers, Jaguars, Vkings and Eagles have elected to go with "weekly" captains. Meaning they wear no "C" patch and just pick whoever each week.

The other teams can picks a max of 6 players to wear the patch and its for the whole year. The Patriots have 7 capitains! 6 wear the patch and brady doesnt since he would be the 7th.

Underneath the "C" are 4 stars, with the first one colored in. Each colored in star represents years they have been captain. 9since this just started everyone has 1 star a different color)

And yes as someone stated before the "green dot" is for the helmet that has the speaker to call in the plays. Only one offensive player can be on the field with a green dot. (they dont "change" helmets cuz each head size is diffferent, it just means troy and kyle cant be on the field at the same time with those helmets) All 3 qb's have the green dots, just if we wanted to run a trick play troy would then need a differnt helmet since his is wired.

there you go! all the info you didnt want to know.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com