Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Is it Time for JO to GO

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    Marqeus Ogden has not played a season in two years. The Ravens releasing him was fine with me.

As far as his helmet throwing, he gets a pass on. He is passionate at least. No one likes losing.
    It was fine with me too.. He wasn't ok with JO.. JO should have had the surgery.. I believe he came back for the money..

We sure have some classy fans.

Let's ignore the fact that the team and Billick specifically practically BEGGED Ogden to come back. HE was the one contemplating hanging it up.

Now we've got morons (yes, morons) claiming that Ogden is missing blocking assignments on purpose because he doesn't like Kyle Boller as his QB.

Then we have the idiots (yes, idiots) who claim he's only in it for the money while ignoring, once again, the fact that one of this team's #1 priorities in the offseason was convincing Ogden to come back and play for one more season.

You people do remember that this team had high aspirations for this season right? It wasn't as if we were in a rebuilding year and making the playoffs was a long shot and that Ogden just came back to go through the motions of a .500 or sub .500 season.

Losing certainly brings out the absolute worst in fans. That's with any city. But you guys take the cake with some of this bullshit.

Let's crap on a guy who is not only the best OLinemen we've ever had but is certainly in the conversation as the one of the best LT's to ever play the game.

It's obvious he's not 100%. But to insinuate he's tanking on purpose or just in it for the money is shameful.

Im sure this won't be the last post bashing formerly great Ravens. Seems to be a trend around here.

PP

This si the NFL, you pay for today and tomorrow, not yesterday. Yesterday he already got paid for...
    NE may be considered a classless organization for letting Vets walk, btu they seem to win a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    This si the NFL, you pay for today and tomorrow, not yesterday. Yesterday he already got paid for...
    NE may be considered a classless organization for letting Vets walk, btu they seem to win a lot...
    Then go bitch to Ozzie and Billick.

Because they weren't pushing JO out. In fact, they were on their hands and knees begging.

You are usually on with your takes jonboy.

But man, you've got me scratching my head on this one.

If you wanna critique his play as being subpar (due to injury IMO) that's one thing.

But to bang on him and accuse him of being here just for the money isn't only a slap in the face, but it's obvious what the situation was during this offseason.

And it certainly wasn't Ogden petitioning the team keep him around. It was the exact opposite.

PP

I see that, and I guess if I were in the position I'd probably take the money being thrown at me, but seriously if you don't plan on giving it 100% why are you playing? He is clearly not giving his all. He better retire and pay back some bonus money to help the cap for next year... Same with McNair...

6. Re: Is it Time for JO to GO

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Let's crap on a guy who is not only the best OLinemen we've ever had but is certainly in the conversation as the one of the best LT's to ever play the game.PP
    I agree with you PP in a sense, JO is the best LT ever to play, but not right now...I love JO, but he's past his prime...I will never crap on him, but I have seen some "OLE" moments from him while Boller was QBing...Maybe he didn't miss his assignments on purpose. Maybe the Fullback or Running back missed their assignments, but at times it looked like JO just didn't care...I still thank him for his dedication and great play over the years ...JO, I salute you, but if you're going to retire and you're not interested in just playing, give the reigns over to Adam Terry...He could use the reps for next year...Still love ya BIG MAN And I honestly don't believe he came back just for the money...We had a shot if he was healthy and everyone else who's injured was healthy...

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    I agree with you PP in a sense, JO is the best LT ever to play, but not right now...I love JO, but he's past his prime...I will never crap on him, but I have seen some "OLE" moments from him while Boller was QBing...Maybe he didn't miss his assignments on purpose. Maybe the Fullback or Running back missed their assignments, but at times it looked like JO just didn't care...I still thank him for his dedication and great play over the years ...JO, I salute you, but if you're going to retire and you're not interested in just playing, give the reigns over to Adam Terry...He could use the reps for next year...Still love ya BIG MAN And I honestly don't believe he came back just for the money...We had a shot if he was healthy and everyone else who's injured was healthy...
    And once again, if people wanna be pissed at his play, then so be it.

But some of the stuff being spewed is ridiculous.

Ogden deserves MUCH better from fans. Instead he's being accused of missing blocking assignments on purpose and only being here for the money.

Like I said, some real classy fans we have.

PP

Look PP i just admitted that he should be allowed to finish the season but if he continues playing like crap then yes its time to go young. The only way he should remain the FULL TIME starter (maybe split time?) is if our team decides to go 6-0 from here out. Otherwise the Future is Now if you want to be any good next season.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    We sure have some classy fans.

Let's ignore the fact that the team and Billick specifically practically BEGGED Ogden to come back. HE was the one contemplating hanging it up.

Now we've got morons (yes, morons) claiming that Ogden is missing blocking assignments on purpose because he doesn't like Kyle Boller as his QB.

Then we have the idiots (yes, idiots) who claim he's only in it for the money while ignoring, once again, the fact that one of this team's #1 priorities in the offseason was convincing Ogden to come back and play for one more season.

You people do remember that this team had high aspirations for this season right? It wasn't as if we were in a rebuilding year and making the playoffs was a long shot and that Ogden just came back to go through the motions of a .500 or sub .500 season.

Losing certainly brings out the absolute worst in fans. That's with any city. But you guys take the cake with some of this bullshit.

Let's crap on a guy who is not only the best OLinemen we've ever had but is certainly in the conversation as the one of the best LT's to ever play the game.

It's obvious he's not 100%. But to insinuate he's tanking on purpose or just in it for the money is shameful.

Im sure this won't be the last post bashing formerly great Ravens. Seems to be a trend around here.

PP
    Rack that!

I don't think for a minute that JO is just here to collect a paycheck.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I think he plays for the love of the game and obviously a paycheck. That is why any of us go to work. He is slowing down though and the game around him is speeding up. I think this should be his last season.

Also, Remember that he lost his father last season. They were close. Both John and Marques had some personal issues about continuing their career after that. You can not fault the guy for considering hanging it up when the man who inspired him died. He has not been the same since then.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Was he really bad last year??? Maybe I'm blind, but I saw a JO that had one of his better years in pass protection, killed people run-blocking, and gutted out a toe injury to stone his biggest nemesis in a playoff game. Say what you want about this year, but don't try to re-write history about last year.

Blog Entries

Let me ask everyone this: What was Adalius Thomas doing during most of the Colts game this year for the Patriots? Sitting on the sideline! Why was he there? Because the Patriots didn't think he was the best solution to their problem!

You're probably wondering why I bring this up but my point is the Patriots basically sat their new $20 million man because he didn't fit their need for that game. Think about that for a second! If JO isn't getting the job done during the game, then you either send help his way or pull him! Thats why this team has all the problems it does; they stick with someone who isn't doing their job because of some kind of loyalty to his past. Now do I think he's doing this on purpose? Hell NO!! But he got blown up numerous times during the Browns game and should have had help or he should have been pulled for ineffectiveness.....This blind loyalty for things done in the past is what drives me nuts!

Thats why I'm starting to like the Patriots more and more every day. They do whats needed to WIN THE GAME....not appease fans or players......Could you imagine if the Ravens sat McGahee for a game and used Musa Smith instead, and we won? You guys wouldn't know what to say.......