Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Where are all the Ray Ray Haters now?

I think if some "changes" are made before next season he will stay for the $$$$ the team is willing to offer him. But if there are still these issues in the locker room he may scream for more money and run. He just seems to be getting really fed up with the bullshit excuses and the disappointment.

Re: Where are all the Ray Ray Haters now?

He had a great game yesterday.

He still should not have been running his mouth about the playcalling to the media a few weeks ago.

The two are not mutually exclusive, not that I thought it was a big deal at the time.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiesty Ravens Chic View Post
    I think if some "changes" are made before next season he will stay for the $$$$ the team is willing to offer him. But if there are still these issues in the locker room he may scream for more money and run. He just seems to be getting really fed up with the bullshit excuses and the disappointment.
    Who is to say he isnt one of the locker room issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiesty Ravens Chic View Post
    So in other words you do not think he is worth keeping if he cries for money?? Do you not think another team will eat that bill and pick him up??:insane: I know they will, he still has at least 3-4 years left in his career and I think it would be the BIGGEST mistake in the Ravens history to allow him to be bought out from under us by another team! He has been a leader to our defense since day one!! For peat’s sake he is a future Hall of famer!

But honestly I do not think Ray would want to play for another team, he has dedicated his life to Baltimore and I hope he remains with the team till his retirement and maybe even come back as a LB coach.

Just give this man his respect which has been WELL DESERVED! No matter the storm Ray Ray is always there to make "his" D play a little bit better!
    Honestly we are not winning with him.. His skill is only going to get worse.. Why not do something different? He is not worth a new deal.. imo

Ray sure did have a big play game yesterday. I didn't hear anyone in the stands saying he should retire yesterday. Funny how things change from game to game.

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    Honestly we are not winning with him.. His skill is only going to get worse.. Why not do something different? He is not worth a new deal.. imo
    Different thread, same old song and dance.

The guy is playing at a high level.

You don't even know what that deal might be yet you say he's not worth it.

Reality is gonna be a bitch to some people who continually take for granted the play of Ray Lewis.

The lack of understanding is astonishing.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Different thread, same old song and dance.

The guy is playing at a high level.

You don't even know what that deal might be yet you say he's not worth it.

Reality is gonna be a bitch to some people who continually take for granted the play of Ray Lewis.

The lack of understanding is astonishing.

PP
    WE ARE NOT WINNING WITH RAY LEWIS.. SO IF WE LOSE HIM WHAT DO WE REALLY LOSE? THIS TEAM HAS NOT WON A PLAYOFF GAME SINCE 2001..

WE ARE NOT WINNING WITH RAY LEWIS.. SO IF WE LOSE HIM WHAT DO WE REALLY LOSE? THIS TEAM HAS NOT WON A PLAYOFF GAME SINCE 2001..
    And where exactly would you put Ray Lewis on a list of why this team hasn't won a playoff game since 2001?

Really, I'd love to know.

The fact that you are even going down that road is laughable.

You do understand we are talking about football, correct?

Let me ask you something. How many playoff games did Barry Sanders win with the Lions?

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    And where exactly would you put Ray Lewis on a list of why this team hasn't won a playoff game since 2001?

Really, I'd love to know.

The fact that you are even going down that road is laughable.

You do understand we are talking about football, correct?

Let me ask you something. How many playoff games did Barry Sanders win with the Lions?

PP
    That is not the point.. Lets just say we win 6 games this year with him.. Lets say next year he is gone and our defense suffers and we win only 3 games.. In reality it really doesnt matter since we arent making the playoffs either way.. Use your mind and commonsense.. If we could free that money up to make our team alot more balanced then im all for it.. We need a offense to win games..

Someone asked Newt Rockney if he rather have a great offense or great defense if he could only have one.. His response, if your down by 21 points it won't matter how great your defense is..

That is not the point.. Lets just say we win 6 games this year with him.. Lets say next year he is gone and our defense suffers and we win only 3 games.. In reality it really doesnt matter since we arent making the playoffs either way.. Use your mind and commonsense.. If we could free that money up to make our team alot more balanced then im all for it.. We need a offense to win games..

Someone asked Newt Rockney if he rather have a great offense or great defense if he could only have one.. His response, if your down by 21 points it won't matter how great your defense is..
    Nice punt.

Why do you think our D has been good/great and has won and/or kept us in games over the year? Seems to me that many players have come and gone. Coaches have changed as well. Yet there are 2 constants. Ray Lewis and Chris McAlister. Is that just a coincidence?

You are now just spewing out hypotheticals.

You are telling me to use my mind and common sense? Ha. This is the NFL. Look what happened after our 6-10 season in 2005.

Ray is signed through 09 anyway.

Why is it that you seem to concentrate of jettisoning Ray when there are MANY other players who we could release that A) Make alot of money and B)Aren't playing close to the level Ray is playing at.

Rolle, McNair, and Pryce come to mind right away.

But keep up your drumbeat about Ray Lewis instead of concentrating on things that could really improve the team.

And don't for a second think that I believe Ray is gonna play forever. This team certainly has to be mindful of his age as it relates to finding another MLB for the future. But to ignore his play or insinuate that because we aren't winning playoff games because of Ray Lewis is beyond ridiculous.

If we can improve the glaring weakness's of this team we can win with Ray Lewis as our MLB. Really, arguing that point is laughable.

And it's Rockne, not Rockney.

PP

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. However, it is my opinion, that Ray IS the Heart-and-Soul of this team, ever since he has been here. He is what has made this team truly competitive ever since our SB win! Without his leadership and inspiration, I can't imagine where this team would've been. Ray Lewis needs to remain a Raven until he chooses to retire, understanding, of course, that he is reasonable in his salary demands, very much like Cal Jr was in negotiating with the Os.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion. However, it is my opinion, that Ray IS the Heart-and-Soul of this team, ever since he has been here. He is what has made this team truly competitive ever since our SB win! Without his leadership and inspiration, I can't imagine where this team would've been. Ray Lewis needs to remain a Raven until he chooses to retire, understanding, of course, that he is reasonable in his salary demands, very much like Cal Jr was in negotiating with the Os.
    He sure was the heart and soul of the team in 2005 when he decided it was better to be on the sidelines at a University of Miami game then the Ravens games.. Both Lewis and Ripken care/cared more about themselves then the team itself.. Their actions prove that..