Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirt count ....

Dirt count ....

I counted 3 dirted balls by the 5th year QB out of Cal ....

I may be off though. I was watching the game through the tears generated by this meaningless offense.

Season is done. Im all for Troy at this point. Maybe his height will be a factor, maybe not. Only one way to find out ....

Re: Dirt count ....

Don't cry, Stinky. The offense showed signs of life.

Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I don't think you will see Troy Smith unless Kyle gets hurt. The team is evaluating Kyle for the remainder of the year because they need to determine a game plan for the offseason. I do think they should play Troy Smith, because they don't want to make the same mistake that they made with Derek Anderson.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

At least the dirted balls were further downfield.lol
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

If anyone listened to Bruce Cunningham's Ravens show on WNST this past weekend they again told the Derrek Anderson story. The Ravens wanted to keep him and had cut Patrick Johnson to do so. BUT due to injury to Kyle and not wanting a rookie backup to Wright they were going to pass him to the practice squad. Another factor was that our Special Teams coach Garry Zaun (was that him, I'm blanking on names today) threw a fit to Billick and Ozzie demanding that they resign Patrick as he was "needed" on Special Teams play. Needless to say Ozzie did this and Savage scooped Anderson up off the waiver wire.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Every QB dirts the ball. It just stands out so much more on our suffering offense.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I don't think it would hurt if they bring Smith in on a series or 2 once and awhile here on out, but to be honest I don't see Troy being the answer to our QB problems either....sure he brings alot to the table that we don't have in either of the 2 we have, but he's still a diamond in the rough (at best) this point of his career.....

and for every 1 of the Derek Andersons of the world there is 1000 of those who don't make it either, so we need to get off this Anderson kick imho cause we all know he isn't going to stay with the Browns more then likely after this season and lets see if wherever he lands he can duplicate the same play there........
    "Is it me or does Billick seem a bit in his Post game Interviews? or is it he's just :insane: and doesn't know what to do?"

Quote Originally Posted by AA-Raven View Post
    I don't think it would hurt if they bring Smith in on a series or 2 once and awhile here on out, but to be honest I don't see Troy being the answer to our QB problems either....sure he brings alot to the table that we don't have in either of the 2 we have, but he's still a diamond in the rough (at best) this point of his career.....

and for every 1 of the Derek Andersons of the world there is 1000 of those who don't make it either, so we need to get off this Anderson kick imho cause we all know he isn't going to stay with the Browns more then likely after this season and lets see if wherever he lands he can duplicate the same play there........
    Smith did not impress me at all in the pre-season. Putting a rookie in the game with no regular season snaps is manslaughter. The difference in collegiate speen and NFL speed is night and day. He is in no way shape or form ready to run with the big dogs yet.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

9. Re: Dirt count ....

It doesn't matter what QB you put out there at this point. You could put Brady out there and he would still get eaten alive because our O-line SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Let's focus on making the O-line stay in the same spot in practice and on the feild during games. All of this musical chairs crap has caught up to them and they are lost and being beat every game. I say our #1 draft pick needs to be the best OL player coming out of College..JMO!

AMEN! It is time, since the season is basically lost anyway, to sit the old fart brigade (JO, Flynn) and get these young guys playing where they belong. Lets see exactly what we've got so when draft time comes we can do what has to be done to clean this mess up. I'm also inclined to sit CMac and Reed and throw the young guys in on defense also. We need to develop some depth so when guys go down it's not such a drastic fall off in talent. If these guys don't develop then we know what we have do do in the off season. It's great to have all pro's on the field but not so great when they go down and you have garbage on the bench. This season cannot be salvaged anyway so use the remainder of the year for serious evaluations. I'd also get Smith in there for some games. We know what we have in McNair and Boller and it isn't much with either so roll the dice and see if Smith has anything.

I agree with allowing the line to gel, btu I have a question... Where was Jason Brown in the 4th quarter? If I'm not mistaken it was Chester, in at LG who gave up BOTH of those big sacks late in the game. Chester might not make it, mayeb we should switch him to a Kyle Brady/Daniel Graham type role...

There's so much more wrong with this team than how many times Kyle Boller throws the ball in the dirt. How many time did he throw into the dirt when he really shouldn't have been throwing at all?