Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Boller Report card?

Quote Originally Posted by deuce
    I was impressed how he maintained his composure and brought us back in the second half.
    Same here -- I thought the entire offense was terrible in the first half, but they showed a lot of life in the second half. They looked like a different team.

Unfortunately, Boller had a lot of opportunities to show that he can take a hit, because he took more than his share in this game. I'd give him a B just for surviving.

2. Re: Boller Report card?

I would give him a C+. Our O-Line gets a big fat F from me though. There is no reason Kyle should have been put in the position he was in many times yesterday and he has nobody to blame but the line for not holding up the pocket. I vote he starts the rest of the season, his arm is def. better than McNair's at this point. They only chance we have at winning any games would be with Boller starting..JMO!:hammer:

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'll go with the C+. He certainly had his share of crap in the 1st half. But the second half looked different. He looked different and he took control of the offense. Perhaps he didn't have that control in the 1st half and decided enough was enough.

A couple of things though:

Pocket awareness is much better than some are giving him credit for. In those scoring drives Boller got rid of the ball knowing someone was coming. It wasn't hard to see the blitz, and many times Boller handled it in the 2nd half very well. The dude took a mighty beating and didn't crumble.

To be under pressure all game from the worst defense in the league tells me the offensive line needs to shoulder a LOT of blame for this.

Ball-tapping: Yeah, I still don't like that. I see 4-5 QB's still doing that and it bugs me to no end.

Happy feet: I didn't see any of that. It's hard to when he's getting his ass kicked on the field all day. You can't have happy feet when you can't even set your feet to throw.

All you people still saying he's not the QB of the future and hoping we draft a QB next year, be careful what you wish for. As we waste a 1st round pick on that QB, and our offensive line stays crappy, that next QB will take the same punishment and eventually will either be injured or will get beaten so bad we think he's a bust.

I agree with the last part. Lets beef up our line before going after a QB. With some beef on the O-Line, the QB will have better protection and will effectively move the ball.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    He's a rhythm QB who plays much better in the no huddle....we should play to that strength.
    It does seem that way doesn't it. It may be that he likes playing at a faster pace. And did any of you notice anything different about our offensive coach in the 2nd half?

Billick (to Boller)- "throw the ball down the left side son"
    Boller- " Coach we just ran that play"
    Billick - " Oh yea throw it down the middle"
    Boller- " to who?"
    Billick- " I don't know I'm sure someone will be open, hell your the damn quarterback I can't do everything for you"
    Boller- " ok what do you call that play"
    Billick- " the wiggle , the waggle something like that. Don't question me son I'm a damn offensive genius"

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    He's a rhythm QB who plays much better in the no huddle....we should play to that strength.
    I'll agree with that, he just went on a roll when we (finally) went no huddle. Who's playbook did we steal that out of??!!!

I would give him a total B- for effort / A for the 2nd half & A+ for 4th quarter. I would give him an A+ for guts, because say what you want about the kid, & he has improved, but never question his guts. I think no one on this team is tougher for eerything he goes thru.

The INT on the long pass to Clayton was underthrown, but at that point, Clayton needs to stop, go back & become a defender, not watch the CB catch the ball. The INT returned for the TD, in my opinion wasn't his fault but the line, for getting him killed. It seeed as if the line didn't want him QBing & were letting the Browns get to him. I guess they were pissed at Kyle or Coach Brain.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

He was rusty as can be in the first half, then in the second half showed Billick to be a fool for Playing McNair so long. If he had started from day 1 and played all season, never ha da chance to get rusty, we may have a COMPLETELY different result of the first 10 games. He opens up the field by having the baility to go downfield. To all of those that kept saying that simply having a stronger arm, doesn't mean you are a better downfield passer may have been right, but apparently Boller has more then that, as his downfield balls 2nd half were better then we have seen from McNair in 2 years.

C+ and a footnote...Kyle Boller is tough as nails.

8. Re: Boller Report card?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    How well would we lok to our bosses if we only did half our job?

Billick has never had command of one side of the ball.

Boller, most of the time, doesnt make it through an entire game without looking like a manic, trying to jump our of his shoes.

Boller gets a C, Billick gets his 10th F of the season ....
    Houston we have problems ...Boller was on his heels most of the 1st half and Flynn was being pushed back so he couldn't step up...They did alot more chip blocking with McGahee and Sypnewski in the 2nd half, thus he was having more time to do his check downs...Boller gets a "B" from me...He got his lunch handed to him quite a few times as he stood there and trusted the pocket

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    Houston we have problems ...Boller was on his heels most of the 1st half and Flynn was being pushed back so he couldn't step up...They did alot more chip blocking with McGahee and Sypnewski in the 2nd half, thus he was having more time to do his check downs...Boller gets a "B" from me...He got his lunch handed to him quite a few times as he stood there and trusted the pocket
    Must be nice to have low expectations of our QB .... so if Boller gets a B for throwing 2 pics and being a tad above .500 in completions, what gets a C or D???? :insane:

Im not saying Boller is the only one having issues. I agree with everything you said. Of course we have a banged up line thats about as transparent as Britney Spears undies. But, Boller after 5 years has not shown one glimmer of being anything different than him being the happy feet, nervous QB who has minor moments of brillance, broken up by quarter after quarter of being a 2nd rate bench warmer.

Look, I like the guy. Anyone who can hang drink for drink with Tara Reed gets a huge from me. But neither he or McNair are the answer.

Who is the answer then Houston? Who could have taken that beating yesterday?

Seriously, enough of this "oh he isn't the answer" shit. Let's start hearing it. Is Matt Ryan the answer? Is Troy Smith the answer? You think Donovan McNabb could have survived yesterday?

Again, someone please tell me how Boller even had TIME to have happy feet. Because I'm dying to know how you have time with someone in your face every play.

Wink Re: Boller Report card?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Must be nice to have low expectations of our QB .... so if Boller gets a B for throwing 2 pics and being a tad above .500 in completions, what gets a C or D???? :insane:

Maybe your expectations are too high???

Both the Sun's reader poll and the Baltimore Examiner gave Boller a "B". (I personally give him a C+, blending an F with an A, but with a tilt for livening up the game in the 4th Q).

Many Baltimore fans were spoiled by the Colts having two outstanding "franchise" QBs in Unitas and Jones. In the NFL today, there are only a small handful of QBs who can carry their teams - Manning, Brady, Palmer, Favre, maybe Brees. Many playoff teams do not have outstanding franchise QBs. Unfortunately, the Ravens have gone for 12 seasons without a QB of this calibre (yet being a playoff contender for half of those seasons) and are likely to go another dozen years without a franchise QB.

Life sucks -- get over it.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

C+, yes he did get some happy feet when he was under pressure but still had time to set and throw. Obviously the C+ comes from the piss poor first half and amazing second half/4th quarter.

The one thing I really wish he would work on is rolling to his right. He gets himself into trouble when he rolls left because he can't throw across his body (alas the INT TD).

The o-line also had a piss poor effort and you know maybe McGahee needs to step up and tell this O-line to play for Boller. Also, that first INT... yes it was an INT but Clayton has to at least attempt to make a play.

Is he the starter of the future, that's a question the next few weeks will answer. As for now I think he has some breathing room.