Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: FilmStudy Discovery: Ravens D Had 9 Men on The Field v. Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    PFF did a piece earlier this year on how often teams play a man short. If I recall correctly, the average was between 1 and 2 per team, per season. However, the Arizona Cardinals had a mind-boggling 16 snaps with 10 men on the field last season alone.

So from that perspective, the Ravens, who have had it occur far less often, are very well coached.
    Great point Ken!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    PFF did a piece earlier this year on how often teams play a man short. If I recall correctly, the average was between 1 and 2 per team, per season. However, the Arizona Cardinals had a mind-boggling 16 snaps with 10 men on the field last season alone.

So from that perspective, the Ravens, who have had it occur far less often, are very well coached.
    [/end thread]
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    good to elite teams don't miss these things. You think Bilicheck and company would miss this?
    Uh, yes.

And it likely cost them a Super Bowl. I am referring to the Patriots 21-17 loss to the Giants in 2012.

Driving with a 2-0 lead early, the Giants converted a 1st down on a catch inside the Patriot's 10, but the ball was ripped loose and Brandon Spikes recovered the fumble.

Except the Patriots were caught with 12 men on the field. Antwaun Molden was not supposed to be out there as a fifth DB.

No one on the Patriots' bench called timeout, not even the great and powerful Bill Belichick. No player on the field called time-out, certainly not Molden, who knew he was wrong and tried to duck down in hopes the officials wouldn't see him.

The fumble was reversed and the Giants went on to score and take a 9-0 lead.

The Patriots went on to score 17 unanswered before the Giants fought back for the win.

So, if not for the Belichick's failure to count the correct number of men on the field, the Pats probably win that Super Bowl.

So yeah, it happens, even to "elite teams."

In this case, it didn't even cost the Ravens.

Frankly, I'm getting bored by all the holier-than-though *smh posts on this board, where every flaw is picked apart like an eight year old with a scab on his knee.

Does it deserve to be called out? Yes! I appreciated being informed.

But not every "mistake" is a sign of the apocalypse. Shit happens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Uh, yes.

And it likely cost them a Super Bowl. I am referring to the Patriots 21-17 loss to the Giants in 2012.

Driving with a 2-0 lead early, the Giants converted a 1st down on a catch inside the Patriot's 10, but the ball was ripped loose and Brandon Spikes recovered the fumble.

Except the Patriots were caught with 12 men on the field. Antwaun Molden was not supposed to be out there as a fifth DB.

No one on the Patriots' bench called timeout, not even the great and powerful Bill Belichick. No player on the field called time-out, certainly not Molden, who knew he was wrong and tried to duck down in hopes the officials wouldn't see him.

The fumble was reversed and the Giants went on to score and take a 9-0 lead.

The Patriots went on to score 17 unanswered before the Giants fought back for the win.

So, if not for the Belichick's failure to count the correct number of men on the field, the Pats probably win that Super Bowl.

So yeah, it happens, even to "elite teams."

In this case, it didn't even cost the Ravens.

Frankly, I'm getting bored by all the holier-than-though *smh posts on this board, where every flaw is picked apart like an eight year old with a scab on his knee.

Does it deserve to be called out? Yes! I appreciated being informed.

But not every "mistake" is a sign of the apocalypse. Shit happens.
    10 men on the field I get that happens a lot but not 9 men on the field that's a little out of character for any NFL team.

exactly if the sub the defense is allowed to sub too. Man how the coaches not see that? not one of them?
    Pees moved from the box to the sidelines. This is the kind of stuff a DC in the box sees rather easily.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Pees moved from the box to the sidelines. This is the kind of stuff a DC in the box sees rather easily.
    somebody needed to see it and alert Harbs immediately, Orr saw it but the officials didn't see him. It is what it is, that play didn't cost them anything but against better teams going forward that can't happen again or else it won't be a non-issue.

somebody needed to see it and alert Harbs immediately, Orr saw it but the officials didn't see him. It is what it is, that play didn't cost them anything but against better teams going forward that can't happen again or else it won't be a non-issue.
    Smoove, I know you hate the coaches but come on man. Somebody did see it. As Ken pointed out, this shit happens to every team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Smoove, I know you hate the coaches but come on man. Somebody did see it. As Ken pointed out, this shit happens to every team.
    lol I don't hate them I may not like most of them but for some smart men they sure do make some dumb mistakes.

Not sure what was happening on this one, but I remember seeing a handful of odd substitutions on Sunday.
    Odd as in the players didn't know what they were doing.
    Noticed it a few times but at one point the Ravens were changing LBs etc and sending in Doom and others to rush on a passing down.
    Four went on, and only 3 came off before one had to quickly scoot off the field to avoid a too many men on the field penalty.
    Pees and Harbaugh need to wake the eff up.
    This, holding penalties, offsides etc. is the little bullshit that lost the game.

Lot of young players is probably the culprit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk