Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. The Offensive Line

I was so tired of seeing them getting blown off the ball, especially in the first half This has been our achilles heel all year long. It's also one reason we've had problems scoring this year. I know they've looked OK at times, but our QB's have had to run like chickens with their heads cut off most of the year. There is NO EXCUSE for Chris Chester to allow Kyle Boller to get hit by that down lineman:grbac: This Offensive line is just that........ "OFFENSIVE"

Re: The Offensive Line

Not to mention Odgen. Odgen was absolutely terrible today! He seemed like he was totally disinterested in the game. He'd let his man blow by him to hit Boller, and then he'd bitch and complain on the field.

I liked this offensive line better when it was Terry and Yanda on the outside.

Chester had never played at LG in the NFL...he should be starting at C, not shuffling in and out.

I don't really care about Ogden playing, I think he deserves the right to go when he wants to, and play if he wants to, but there is no way Terry should be starting at RT. He is terrible over there. Yanda should have stayed the starter at RT, he was near flawless in his time there earlier this year.

Get the interior trio of Brown, Chester, and Grubbs, and Yanda at RT, and let them play. What does it matter at this point? Chester is IMO the biggest question mark, and being that he is slated to replace Flynn next year, we need to know if he can play or not, if we need to draft another C, etc.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Speaking of Chesters ....

Chester Taylor had a bomb game!

Robaire Smith made Chester his bitch.

I mean he wiffed on Smith on almost every snap.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

We have a young O'line,and with JO playing like he is in dreamland.
    The young guys have to take their lumps,if they don't learn from it.
    Then our O'line will be sucking for along time to come.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

This may be unpopular, but I think J.O. needs to retire. He obviously isn't 100%, but he has lost interest and frankly, age has caught up to him as well. It is obvious to me he came back for one more paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    This may be unpopular, but I think J.O. needs to retire. He obviously isn't 100%, but he has lost interest and frankly, age has caught up to him as well. It is obvious to me he came back for one more paycheck.

I agree. Popular sentiment or not... J.O. needs to hang it up. He was great in his day, but that sun has set.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6 View Post
    I don't really care about Ogden playing, I think he deserves the right to go when he wants to, and play if he wants to, but there is no way Terry should be starting at RT. He is terrible over there. Yanda should have stayed the starter at RT, he was near flawless in his time there earlier this year.

Get the interior trio of Brown, Chester, and Grubbs, and Yanda at RT, and let them play. What does it matter at this point? Chester is IMO the biggest question mark, and being that he is slated to replace Flynn next year, we need to know if he can play or not, if we need to draft another C, etc.
    I'd go the final step and just IR JO. Start Yanda, Brown, Chester, Grubbs and Terry. Billick would never do it though.

JO has more than earned the right to finish the year playing.

Yesterdays performance puts the o-line right with special teams as far as ineffectiveness yesterday in my book.

I diagree 100%. If this is the way Odgen is going to play the rest of the year, than he doesn't deserve to be playing. If his being on the field is going to hurt the team, and yesterday it did, then he needs to sit.

It's a young line all the way across and the adjustment takes time.

Maybe this is why Billick never got rid of Flynn all those years when it was painfully obvious he was physically overmatched. Billick desperately trying to win and Flynn gave him the best shot right then.

Trouble is that none of the younger guys got enough live snaps to see if they were good before their final contract year or before they're forced into action and us fans have to wail and gnash our teeth...Pashos, Rabach just as two examples.

This year is pretty well done, maybe this group of talented young guys can get some chemistry and the line will be much improved next year.