Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: The Offensive Line

Young line but they should be better at this point. We nned to get better in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    JO has more than earned the right to finish the year playing.

Yesterdays performance puts the o-line right with special teams as far as ineffectiveness yesterday in my book.
    IMHO, this is what is ailing us this year... McNair "deserves" to start... and look what that got us! .JO "deserves " to play.... and look what that's getting us. Billick has stayed with players when they should have been benched... way too often. What are we running?, a football team or a mutual admiration society? We must become a business, not an old folks home!!! After all, when the players are offered more(sometimes overpaid) they go, do they not? Why should we not let them go when they become inneffective?

3. Re: The Offensive Line

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    IMHO, this is what is ailing us this year... McNair "deserves" to start... and look what that got us! .JO "deserves " to play.... and look what that's getting us. Billick has stayed with players when they should have been benched... way too often. What are we running?, a football team or a mutual admiration society? We must become a business, not an old folks home!!! After all, when the players are offered more(sometimes overpaid) they go, do they not? Why should we not let them go when they become inneffective?
    I agree 150% Billick needs to pull his head out the Veterans butts!:insane:

The line got the snot knocked out of Boller yesterday, even when he wasn't sacked he was running for his life or getting hit after he threw. To his crdit, he would get up every play & did a hell of a job with what he had to play with. It seemed like they were bull fighters & just waved the red flag & said O lay as their people ran by. Are they pissed Kyle is playing? It sure seemed like they didn't care what happened to him.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    This may be unpopular, but I think J.O. needs to retire. He obviously isn't 100%, but he has lost interest and frankly, age has caught up to him as well. It is obvious to me he came back for one more paycheck.

And EVERYONE on BOTH boards LAMBASTED me for saying near the beginning of hte y3ear that JO stole $7m from the Ravens this year... It's been obvious since training camp that he is here for money alone...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    And EVERYONE on BOTH boards LAMBASTED me for saying near the beginning of hte y3ear that JO stole $7m from the Ravens this year... It's been obvious since training camp that he is here for money alone...
    I disagree. I think the only reason he is *playing* is pride, and so people see he is not in it for the money. If he wanted to complain his toe hurt, and he had to sit, he could. Nobody would make him play.

If you are suggesting he is allowing de's to get to his quarterback because he does not want to block them, that's a little harsh. More likely, injury and age are catching up a bit; that's just what happens.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Me, myself is not suggesting he is intentionally missign plays. I am suggesting he is otu there not trying hard. I am suggesting he is playing only for money, and doesn't enjoy the game anymore. I am suggesting that he SHOULD have retired last year for the good of the team, instead of doing what is good for JO, when he KNEW that he wouldn't be playing at a high level this year. From all accounts he is SO CHEAP that he doesn't need the money, won't be re-distributing it back into society and thus simply wasted the fans ticket money.

Me, myself is not suggesting he is intentionally missign plays. I am suggesting he is otu there not trying hard. I am suggesting he is playing only for money, and doesn't enjoy the game anymore. I am suggesting that he SHOULD have retired last year for the good of the team, instead of doing what is good for JO, when he KNEW that he wouldn't be playing at a high level this year. From all accounts he is SO CHEAP that he doesn't need the money, won't be re-distributing it back into society and thus simply wasted the fans ticket money.

I'll say it. He's missing assignments on purpose. Turning inside to block a DT when he's supposed to take the DE is inexcusable.

He has never liked Boller at QB. Time to put him out to pasture. He's only here for the money at this point in the season.

Ya, I'd heard that before about being cheap. I'm not sure where the line is between 'not trying hard' and 'old and hurt' is, but it's probably pretty fuzzy.

This on the other hand:
    I'll say it. He's missing assignments on purpose. Turning inside to block a DT when he's supposed to take the DE is inexcusable.

He has never liked Boller at QB. Time to put him out to pasture. He's only here for the money at this point in the season.
    is flat out absurd. CBD suggesting he can tell from watching his tv what the assignment was, and JO blew it *on purpose*, to allow a DE to get a free shot on his quarterback, is and . You want to write stuff like that and be taken at all seriously, you better provide more then an implication that you could tell from watching the game that what you're describing is true.

So. Got a link?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Sorry, I disagree this isn't an honor society. You earn your right to play by playing at your best Ogden isn't. I don't think he can anymore so it's time for him to take a seat on the bench and let the evaluation of his replacement begin. To me that is one of BIllick's primary failures, he's to loyal to the veterans. Flynn should have been gone years ago and now Ogden needs to be gone.
    I don't believe it's anything deliberate on his part, he's just lost the will and ability to compete at the level he needs to.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

JO might be disinterested but he isn't here for the money, he came back this year because he thought we had a shot to win and Billick talked him into it. Now that we don't have a shot he isn't interested.

Not at the risk of getting Boller or anybody else hurt. If he plays at a reasonable level, fine. Actually, since we are done this year I think we should play next year's line and let JO's toe flare up again.

Get Terry out there and mix in a bit of Gaither.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post

What a fuckin joke.

I mean, I stopped taking your posts seriously a long time ago due to you making stuff up out of the blue and your blatant bias towards certain players on this team but you've managed to outdo yourself yet again.

Why is it that the team and Billick specifically tried to convince Ogden to come back?

This team practically BEGGED him to come back and play.

Your personal agendas are so blatant that you are a sorry excuse for a Ravens fan and Im ashamed to be rooting for the same team as you.

You make shit up constantly.

But this takes the cake.

The absurdity of your posts has reach a new low.

Congratulations.

PP
    Last edited by purplepoe; 11-19-2007 at 05:45 PM.