Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: The Offensive Line

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    I'll say it. He's missing assignments on purpose. Turning inside to block a DT when he's supposed to take the DE is inexcusable.

He has never liked Boller at QB. Time to put him out to pasture. He's only here for the money at this point in the season.
    This is ridiculous. To think Ogden has some kind of personal vendetta against Boller that he's executing by letting defenders have a clean shot at him is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board, and that says something.

We all know about your man-love for Kyle Boller and you think the rest of the world is out to get him, but this team has enough real problems without you making stuff up.

:grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    Sorry, I disagree this isn't an honor society. You earn your right to play by playing at your best Ogden isn't.
    Nah. You earn your right to play by being next man up. Give me Ogden over Gaither any day. You want Boller to survive the calendar year? I will take a 25% Ogden over a 110% Gaither any day of the week.

I don't want the man to be scarred for life or risk serious injury. But if it's just a question of whether he is at 100%, I'll take him every time.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I see what you are saying Festivus, clearly Gaither has a lot of work to do before being ready to be thrust into NFL action at LT... btu really what's wrong with Terry and Yanda at LT and RT respectively? Terry doesn't look so hot agaisnt the bull rush ont eh RT side, but he is more then adequate on the left... Yanda looked good on the right side as well.

The O-line has had its share of troubles this year. As I watched the game yesterday, I was impressed with Ben Grubbs. He will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I see what you are saying Festivus, clearly Gaither has a lot of work to do before being ready to be thrust into NFL action at LT... btu really what's wrong with Terry and Yanda at LT and RT respectively? Terry doesn't look so hot agaisnt the bull rush ont eh RT side, but he is more then adequate on the left... Yanda looked good on the right side as well.
    I am hopeful they will one day be competent (some, like Gaither) to excellent (some, like Grubbs) starters. Now we are suffering their growing pains.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Gaither has all the tools to be excellent and I firmly believe he will be given the right coaching over the next few years.

The one thing however that has always struck me about our line, is not the amount of penetration that we give up (we don't actually give up a great deal more than anyone else in the league), it's that we can't do anything with it but give up negative plays and I've gotta believe that's to do with the coaching. We don't run draws or screens to slow down pass rush anywhere. We don't run misdirections or traps on running plays to take out penetration up the gut and the one that isn't down to coaching is that our O-line never seem to be able to draw penetration downfield past a run or the QB. We always seem to want to fight the penetration head on which only succeeds in clogging the point of attack, forcing McGahee to stop and change direction which gives the opposing linebackers ample time to pursue downhill to the play.

We aren't getting the absolute fundamentals right and we don't have even the most basic of wrinkles in our playbook and blocking schemes it'd seem to throw the opposition off.

I fully believe we have the talent up front but we still don't have the coaching IMO. We excelled last year with consistency and lack of injuries combined with getting the fundamentals right. You can't under-estimate consistency in a starting unit. The Cowboys haven't had a starter miss a game in the last two seasons I don't think, pretty sure they went all of last year without anyone missing a game, and they're only change this year I believe is Leonard Davis coming in at guard who has played fairly well. It's no coincidence that that Dallas line is right up there with the best this year and the Cowboys offence is prospering as a result.

UK, I hope you're right. :ihope:
    Festivus

8. Re: The Offensive Line

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Not to mention Odgen. Odgen was absolutely terrible today! He seemed like he was totally disinterested in the game. He'd let his man blow by him to hit Boller, and then he'd bitch and complain on the field.

I liked this offensive line better when it was Terry and Yanda on the outside.
    Me too bro! Terry and Yanda were way better than Ogden and Terry Terry is a very good left tackle, but he just isn't a right tackle Now Mr. Ogden is another story I remember when Boller first started in his first few years, Ogden did an "ole" move on quite a few occasions And when Boller went down, Ogden rolled his eyes and walked right by him, not helping him up...:bag: Not team if you ask me...To me, Ogden looks very un-interested in blocking.. I remember when Boller first started, and Ogden was interviewed about Boller's play, he would make a noise with his teeth and say he's learning, with a smile

9. Re: The Offensive Line

I guess we will find out this week how good or bad the o line is. I beleive that the chargers are going to blitz kyle alot i am thinking 25 to 30 times in the game. If the o line lets kyle down we are going to be in for a long long day. I watched gaither in his days at maryland and the only problem i seen was he had some trouble reconizing when the blitz was comming on his side. When he seen it he did very well and he is going to be a great addition to this line as he matures. I am not a jo hater but i would rather see him sit then loose to only qb we have that gives us a chance to win. I have been a kyle fan and i thinnk he has gotten a bad rap because of the o line not protecting him.