Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Redskin fans want Boller

So Tex doesn't actually watch most of the games? That explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    However, I could literally write a 10 page dissertation about why Boller will never make it as an NFL starting QB
    I think you HAVE done that, many times over. And it's always the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Tedford's QB's haven't exactly lit the league on fire.

Trent Dilfer, David Carr, Akili Smith, A.J. Feeley and Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller and Aaron Rodgers.
    Say what you want about the quality of play...but all of those guys, except Smith, have jobs in the NFL.

Name one other school/coach that has 6 QBs currently playing pro ball.

I just don't want to let this guy leave without giving him another shot.
    Agree Greg....I still think that Boller has a future in the NFL.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Maybe I cannot afford the Sunday ticket as I am retired and living on a fixed income? Do you honestly think I would not watch the game if I had any kind of opportunity to do so?
    Might I suggest a local sports bar that has the ticket.

Please, as noted, we have read your dissertation and 10 pages was just the introduction. Unfortunately after .3 pages the rest of the thesis is the same old thing ad nauseum. And if you ask, no, I don't read a lot of your takes. That one I just quoted, the part quoted is as far as I got.

and if a bar does't work for you, might I suggest swapping your ISP for direct ticket...you'll see every game and...you can figure out the rest....

I seem to remember you touting about how great a QB Ramsey was going to be (might have been interspersed with the Suggs is a bust threads)....more proof of your "football" knowledge....Boller is more than just a back-up and he'll prove that here or somewhere else .....

football is a 3d game that is best viewed in person and not through a little 2d box in your room...

Thumbs down Re: Redskin fans want Boller

incompetent Boller has been

That makes me laugh! The biggest passing offense we've seen since .............. Boller's last game! Meanwhile, we've got a $33 million bust who can't make a simple fade pass, insufficient arm strenth to zip beyond 20 yards, who has fumbled & stumbled repeatedly and now has 8 INTs.

Now who the term "incomptent" more closely describe?

:T2:

be prepared when the rain comes down on your boy
    My boy? :T2: I don't have a "boy". We have one underachieving 4th year guy who still is developing and hopefully can get there as our home grown passer - but he's not there yet. And an over the hill & overpaid has-been.

You probably haven't been around these boards very much, Old Tex 19 whatever. I have been screaming for some cost effective vet help since 2003. To compete with and mentor Boller to see if he can be brought along, otherwise to hopefully win us a few games. e.g. Delhomme could have been had relatively cheaply three years ago, but Bilick didn't want to hurt Kyles' poor little ego by having to compete. Instead, in 2006, the Front Office shot their wad, wrecking our salary cap by overpaying for a guy who is closer to over the hill than he is to being co-MVP.

:T2:

My boy? I don't have a "boy". We have one underachieving 4th year guy who still is developing and hopefully can get there as our home grown passer - but he's not there yet. And an over the hill & overpaid has-been.
    The "Over the hill and overpaid has-been" led us to 4 straight wins, has our 4th year underachieving guy ever done that?

Its funny how a few miracle tipped passes can change someones perception of a player so fast, could you imagine if Clayton did not play that game, what would have happened?

Oh and another thing, did you guys happen to notice that once again Mason dissapeared when Boller was behind center? Atleast McNair spreads the ball out, while Boller sticks with Heap and Clayton.

The "Over the hill and overpaid has-been" led us to 4 straight wins, has our 4th year underachieving guy ever done that?
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and for the last time.....NO HE HASN'T!!

He's had a couple of last minute heroics to help Matt Stover bail their asses out in Cleveland, and a nice throw to Heap to pull the Chargers game out. He didn't LEAD us to anything in Tampa Bay since the defense allowed oh.......ZERO points. And Oakland?? The offense couldn't score a touchdown except by accident. Remember that tipped ball off Heap's hands that Mason ran over and grabbed to keep that 2 minuted drive alive? I mean, if we're talking about luck and fluke and miracle plays.

Oh and another thing, did you guys happen to notice that once again Mason dissapeared when Boller was behind center? Atleast McNair spreads the ball out, while Boller sticks with Heap and Clayton.
    How many touchdowns did Mason have before Boller came in in game 6? Oh yeah, the answer is ZERO. Zero for the year. I'd say Mason hasn't been a big factor all year long.

And spreading the ball out is not something McNair has been doing, unless you count throwing the ball right to opponents too.

It's amazing how before it was "how can you make excuses for Boller", and now the same lot are making a ton of excuses for McNair. I predicted this to perfection, and it's happening.

Led us to 4 wins, and with a QB rating of 67. If this was Boller, it would be that the defense, Matt Stover, everyone else was responsible for 4-2 because just look at Boller's STATS. Now because it's McNair, it's just about wins and losses. I don't remember anyone saying Boller led this team to it's 7-3 start in 2004. Unbelieveable.

Actually, no, totally believable.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 10-23-2006 at 10:50 AM.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Oh and another thing, did you guys happen to notice that once again Mason dissapeared when Boller was behind center?
    Mason had over 1000 yards last year and Boller sent him the ball plenty.

On Sunday, Mason was thrown at twice where he could have made a play. On the TD pass, Neuheisel said he could have done a better job of losing his man and that the ball was very well thrown. Did you miss the hot read that Boller threw that hit him in stride? He wasn't looking for the ball so Boller gets an incomplete on it. And on the pick, Boller is trying to get him the ball.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and for the last time.....NO HE HASN'T!!

He's had a couple of last minute heroics to help Matt Stover bail their asses out in Cleveland, and a nice throw to Heap to pull the Chargers game out. He didn't LEAD us to anything in Tampa Bay since the defense allowed oh.......ZERO points. And Oakland?? The offense couldn't score a touchdown except by accident. Remember that tipped ball off Heap's hands that Mason ran over and grabbed to keep that 2 minuted drive alive? I mean, if we're talking about luck and fluke and miracle plays
    You really know how to work yourself up into a tizzy. Its fun to watch. I'm wondering if you will call for a mod to lock down this thread too. BTW 4-1 is better than 0-1
    ...Carry on, Carry on.

This message is hidden because crazyraven is on your ignore list.

EDIT: I had to look. I was right. As usual CR you add nothing. That's why I stopped respecting your opinion.

This message is hidden because Tex Ritter is on your ignore list.

EDIT: I didn't even bother to read.

I've sort of finished wasting my time on the two of you, even though others here feel like they have to waste theirs. But carry on.....carry on. ;)
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 10-23-2006 at 01:12 PM.