Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressive?

Re: Impressive?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    With this many years in the league, a veteran should know better and protect the ball and the game.
    Funny that is what I was thinking about McNair.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Sometimes I think Boller beats us Fans into submission when he throws ill advised passes, instead of eating the ball. I'd rather take a sack (as Im sure most of us would) then give away a 100 yard int td. If the kid took care of the ball better regardless of how much he was harrassed by the Browns, we would have seen the browns with a few less points. With this many years in the league, a veteran should know better and protect the ball and the game.
    Unquestionably. But Boller did *much* better than McNair had been doing; not even close.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

That interception really can't all be blamed on Kyle. He got hit as he was throwing the ball and Mason who was the attended target got tripped up causing the ball to land in Poole's hands.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Forget about Mcnair, He's on the bench.

The focus is on Boller. He had an atrocious first half and a respectable 2nd. We've seen this type of play from him before. Consistency is what we need to see from him. Thank god for Ray and the Defense, otherwise that fg wouldn't have been such a big deal. He's going to get his chance to show what he can do and he going to do it against elite defenses. We'll see. The true tests are coming.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Sometimes I think Boller beats us Fans into submission when he throws ill advised passes, instead of eating the ball. I'd rather take a sack (as Im sure most of us would) then give away a 100 yard int td. If the kid took care of the ball better regardless of how much he was harrassed by the Browns, we would have seen the browns with a few less points. With this many years in the league, a veteran should know better and protect the ball and the game.
    A valid point. But if he took a sack in those cases the Browns would have had about 15 sacks and we'd be complaining that he needs to get rid of the ball and "make a play!".

We need to see a full game like the second half, That would be impressive.
    yup.

and hopefully something close to it on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    A valid point. But if he took a sack in those cases the Browns would have had about 15 sacks and we'd be complaining that he needs to get rid of the ball and "make a play!".
    Exactly. It's hyporcrisy at it's very best. If Boller doesn't try to get that ball off, it's "Boller holds the ball too long".

Dude tried to make a play. Didn't work and he got hit as he threw. Happens to all kinds of "veteran" QB's. The difference is that in the 2nd half, instead of packing it in, Boller came out and played his ass off.

THAT is what you expect a veteran player to do. Unfortunately you couldn't say that about Jonathan Ogden yesterday, but Boller had to overcome that crap too. And he did.

While Boller is our best option at this point he's not a very good option at all.

Three years from now if we have the misfortune of seeing Boller in a Ravens uniform we'll be hearing "the game is slowing down" and all the other cliches we've heard for five years. KB is the quarterback we saw yesterday if anyone is expecting marked improvement from this guy they are naive or a victim of wishful thinking.

The offensive line played circa 2005. Boller has a way of making the O-Line worse than it is. Defenses know Kyle Boller can't beat a rug or connect with a hot read so the D coordinators can put 8 in the box or more and create pressure from any direction they choose.

Exactly. It's hyporcrisy at it's very best. If Boller doesn't try to get that ball off, it's "Boller holds the ball too long".
    Actually I was just echoing what deion sanders said on the NFL network. You can start with your conspiracy theory all you want. the fact is we don't really have a qb. I'm giving him a chance to show his stuff. He looked good for 1 half and look like shit in another. luckily it was the second half were he looked good so maybe there might be a corner turned. Who knows. All I know is that I've seen this from him before. I need to see an entire game where he "plays his ass off"....to think otherwise is a little hypocritical don't you think?
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    The offensive line played circa 2005. Boller has a way of making the O-Line worse than it is. Defenses know Kyle Boller can't beat a rug or connect with a hot read so the D coordinators can put 8 in the box or more and create pressure from any direction they choose.
    This is absolutely not true. Re-watch the game. Cleveland FREQUENTLY sacked/pressured the QB when they were rushing 4.

Actually I was just echoing what deion sanders said on the NFL network. You can start with your conspiracy theory all you want. the fact is we don't really have a qb. I'm giving him a chance to show his stuff. He looked good for 1 half and look like shit in another. luckily it was the second half were he looked good so maybe there might be a corner turned. Who knows. All I know is that I've seen this from him before. I need to see an entire game where he "plays his ass off"....to think otherwise is a little hypocritical don't you think?
    For my part, I wasn't singling any person out with my comments. I think it's just the nature of a most fans.

Going forwards our QB situation is not good. We have a washed veteran who will likely be cut. Another veteran who has shown he can be a quality backup and MIGHT be a viable starter. And rookie who is a total question mark.

As Stinger point out though, does it really matter who our QB is? Until the Oline learns to pass block and the offensive system is trashed we are probably doomed to the same pathetic performances.

Crazy, Deion is the same guy three and four weeks ago that said Boller was starting material and he's been behind Boller even when he was on the team. So if he said that then he's contridicting himself.

I said hypocrisy because as I said, if Boller takes the sack and doesn't try to make a play, people like you bitch that he held the ball too long and took a sack. And it's no theory, you've done just that.

That said, didn't I say I agreed with you about playing his ass off a whole game? My point was he overcame his own mistakes in the first half, AND adjusted to the continued mistakes by his offensive line in the second half.

As for RustonRifle. It sounds like Tex signed up with another account and is going to go back and forth between the two so he can have someone who agrees with him. "The offensive line played circa 2005." is about the only correct thing he said. It's hard for Boller to make the OL look worse than it did yesterday.

Especially when Boller made crucial throws in the 2nd half with the same pressure in his face. RustonRifle fails to mention that. Sounds like he heard the game on the radio and didn't bother to actually watch. That's what happens with some of our fanbase that likes to talk out of their asses.