Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressive?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Impressive?

Given that we lost, was anybody impressed with our 2nd half offense as I was. Everyone was making plays. With the exception of 100 yd Int return and a few drops they played well. Hats off to Boller. He had a pretty bad first half. But he came out of halftime and got us back into it with some pretty nice throws.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Re: Impressive?

Darn right it was impressive, especially Darling. I hope they continue to give him more chances out there. Of course, it probably helped that the throws from Boller were right on the money, in stride (note to Billick, see what happens when you call plays where the WRs are moving as they catch the ball instead of standing still?). All in all the best two offensive quarters we've seen from the Ravens this season. Hopefully they keep that momentum going.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

We need to see a full game like the second half, That would be impressive.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    True. Hopefully this will continue into next week.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    yup.

and hopefully something close to it on the road.

I agree actually with Crazy on this. Get your screenshot capture equipment out and save this, I agree with Crazy.

However, at least from where we were sitting I noticed something between the two halves. Neither half dd the offensive line do ANYTHING to help Boller OR McGahee. The running game was gone, the passing game was gone, and we couldn't even field punts.

In the second half, Boller came out and was going into the huddle with a different.........something. A couple of times in the game thread I said "Take control of your team Boller", and I think for the first time since getting replaced last year he did that. He came into the huddle clapping and slapping helmets a couple of times.

And most important, he hung in the pocket for a couple of those throws. Even the one they overturned that Clayton caught and was ruled incomplete, Boller ducked under a jumping DE to throw that ball. He actually completed several throws today with someone all over him. The offensive line was absolutely putrid today, and Odgen was horrible. And Boller still made plays despite being under pressure the entire day. As much as I have supported Boller over the years, even I know that was a weakness of his. In the second half, Kyle Boller took control of his team. He led. The team responded. And the offense scored 4 times in the second quarter with two beautiful touchdown drives.

Now, I HOPE that this means that he has inserted him as the leader of the offense now. Because that is what is going to make him better. We'll see. I'd like to see an entire game look like the second half next week.

The Oline played a little better in the second half but for the most part they were horrible.

There were several sacks where the Browns rushed 4 and we had 6 back to block but Dlinemen were coming through as if they were untouched. It was a pathetic display. I'll have to rewatch the game on my DVR but I think Chester was beaten repeatedly.

As for Boller, even with the first half he was better than McNair. The offense finally seemed to get in a rhythm a few times and the WRs appeared to enjoy receiving passes more than 3 yards downfield.

Really, Boller led the team to victory in the second half. Billick managed to out-coach himself to another loss though. :(

I have no idea why they keep putting Terry out there at RT. It's clear to me that Yanda is a much, much better option at RT. Terry looks to be a solid LT, but he just stinks on the right side.

If you ask me, I'd scrap Flynn and put Chester in. I know Chester hasn't looked great, but he should be playing, learning, gaining experience. The season is basically over. You can't pull JO and bench him, but you can do that to Flynn. Get your OL of the future ready to go for next season. Don't bench JO, but get Terry and Gaither some snaps at LT. Get Yanda in there at RT.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Isn't it interesting to see what happens when players actually EXECUTE! If you have someone who can actually get the ball downfield; receivers who can make catches; all of this opens up the run game as well. However, clock mis-management, atrocious special teams (Matt Stover EXCLUDED!), and lack of pressure on the QB cost the Ravens this game!

I know the usual suspects will make their crap comments about Boller and whatnot, but for the first time in WEEKS, I feel like the team can at least build on this one.

Notable also was that half of the team's top four receivers - DWill and Heap - were out, and Boller was doing his level best to throw from his back, where he seemed to spend most of the game.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Notable also was that half of the team's top four receivers - DWill and Heap - were out, and Boller was doing his level best to throw from his back, where he seemed to spend most of the game.

Unfortunately, no one will sit Jonathan Ogden. He looked slow and uninterested in playing the game today. I wasn't the only one that noticed either.

Folks, we can sit here and talk about drafting another 1st round QB next year. And in 2-3 years we'll be talking about how much of a bust he is. Doesn't matter who we draft. We could have drafted Vince Young with all his mobility and even he would not survive behind this offensive line. Anyone who tries to play here is going to fail.

You might have actually seen Troy Smith today, because I thought for sure Boller was going to get hurt again. We should rename our OL "The QB Killers". They've beaten McNair into submission. They tried to beat Boller into submission, but he got tired of it and started throwing the ball with someone jumping on his back anyway.

I miss Tony Pashos. I miss Adam Terry on the left and Marshal Yanda on the right like we had in the first part of the season.