Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressive?

Re: Impressive?

Boller has a way of making the O-Line worse than it is.
    I think you've got that backwards -- on many occasions in this game, the OL made Boller look worse than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

As for RustonRifle. It sounds like Tex signed up with another account and is going to go back and forth between the two so he can have someone who agrees with him. "The offensive line played circa 2005." is about the only correct thing he said. It's hard for Boller to make the OL look worse than it did yesterday.

Especially when Boller made crucial throws in the 2nd half with the same pressure in his face. RustonRifle fails to mention that. Sounds like he heard the game on the radio and didn't bother to actually watch. That's what happens with some of our fanbase that likes to talk out of their asses.
    I'll overlook your insults/accusations and try to be civil.

I'll be the first to say Boller can make some quality throws.....

In the wake of his quality throws he'll usually make enough mistakes and poor reads to cost you games , just like he did yesterday.

Kyle Boller is the Ravens best option right now but make no mistake that doesn't mean he is starting calibre. I realize Boller has a boy band type following in this town and they seem to be very sensitive but most of the country and some of this fanbase know the guy just doesn't have starting quarterback talent.

What we've seen from Boller in the past is what we'll see in the future.:bag:

So if he said that then he's contridicting himself.
    He commented on that play. If was an ill advised throw. I'm sure dieon is still in Bollers corner, but he has to blow the whistle if he sees something that a veteran qb should not do.
    I said hypocrisy because as I said, if Boller takes the sack and doesn't try to make a play, people like you bitch that he held the ball too long and took a sack. And it's no theory, you've done just that.
    Sting he was falling backwards when he threw the ball. It was a stupid mistake. Perhaps if he didnt make that mistake we win. Stop trying to counter with things that didn't happen. A cagey vet would take a sack or throw the ball out of bounds and wouldnt hand the ball over so that they are in a position to score. The ball was intercepted and he threw it falling backwards. lets talk about the issue not what Crazyraven would say or not say.

That said, didn't I say I agreed with you about playing his ass off a whole game? My point was he overcame his own mistakes in the first half, AND adjusted to the continued mistakes by his offensive line in the second half
    Yup you did and Im still shocked
    The good defenses are coming. Merriman looks pissed. Lets hope that he plays like he did in the second half.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

I don't see any hypocrisy there.

He was trying to make a play and I don't really blame him for that.

The obvious smart play though would have been to eat the ball, take the sack and maybe get a field goal out of that drive instead of giving up 7 points. The sack would not have been his fault as the guy was completely unblocked.

I thought.....

The wounded duck interception would have been a poor throw regardless if Boller was hit or not.

The two Brown D-Backs had good coverage and the pass should not have been made in that direction. The saftey was playing centerfield waiting for Boller to make that throw.

Boller almost always telegraphs his passes.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The INTs, both of them, are on Boller. I think Boller played fine yesterday and the OL didn't help him, but he saw that blitz coming and needed to get rid of the ball a moment sooner. If the play isn't there throw it through the end zone and into the stands.

That said, he did enough to get the team back into the game and made some impressive throws, given his limited playing time this year he seemed to get into a rhythm with the WRs. I think he was trying to look around too much in the first half and in the second he finally just started tossing to Mason who had gotten open plenty earlier.

Let's see what happens over the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    In the wake of his quality throws he'll usually make enough mistakes and poor reads to cost you games , just like he did yesterday.
    And this is why people like you make people not want to be civil. To even insinuate that Boller cost us the game yesterday is pure 100% bullshit. And I don't know anyone who doesn't already have their mind set on Boller that thinks he cost us the game.

Did he play poor in the 1st half? Yep. Did he put us in position to WIN the game? Yeah, he did.

Kyle Boller is the Ravens best option right now but make no mistake that doesn't mean he is starting calibre. I realize Boller has a boy band type following in this town and they seem to be very sensitive but most of the country and some of this fanbase know the guy just doesn't have starting quarterback talent.

What we've seen from Boller in the past is what we'll see in the future.:bag:
    Well, if you have that offensive line, you tell me what QB would look any better. The answer is NONE. Absolutely NONE.

Most of the country doesn't give a shit about the Ravens, so that gets old too.

Now:

The two Brown D-Backs had good coverage and the pass should not have been made in that direction. The saftey was playing centerfield waiting for Boller to make that throw.
    This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt you either didn't watch the game, or you just have no idea what you're talking about. Clayton was wide open in the endzone. Boller got PLASTERED as he threw the ball. It was just a bad play. But to pretend the defense would have picked the ball off either way once again is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    He commented on that play. If was an ill advised throw. I'm sure dieon is still in Bollers corner, but he has to blow the whistle if he sees something that a veteran qb should not do.

Sting he was falling backwards when he threw the ball. It was a stupid mistake. Perhaps if he didnt make that mistake we win. Stop trying to counter with things that didn't happen. A cagey vet would take a sack or throw the ball out of bounds and wouldnt hand the ball over so that they are in a position to score. The ball was intercepted and he threw it falling backwards. lets talk about the issue not what Crazyraven would say or not say.
    But we can. If he takes the sack you could claim that he holds onto the ball too long. It's not anything I can't say knowing my experience with you.

That said, a cagey vet would not have thrown the ball away either. That would have been grounding, which Anderson got called for when he tried to throw away a ball being sacked.

And he wasn't "falling backwards", he was being hit as he threw. That thing tends to happen in the NFL. I'm not saying he shouldn't have taken the sack either. But I don't fault him for trying to make a play either.

The question becomes, as it should with all QB's in the NFL, how do you respond? The only people who don't think he responded well are the Tex's and the Ruston's of the forum who would actually keel over if they had a nice thing to say about the guy. Boller came back with fire and put the team in the position to win the game. And that was DESPITE the offensive line not playing much better than the first half.

Yup you did and Im still shocked
    The good defenses are coming. Merriman looks pissed. Lets hope that he plays like he did in the second half.[/QUOTE]

Boller gets a portion of the loss yesterday but he covered his mistakes and got the team back the lead in the last minute of the game.

If ST or the defense can make ONE DAMN PLAY we win. Just stop one of the passes or just stop Cribbs at the 30. If we do we win the game, asssuming they don't hit the Hail Mary they would have had to throw.

This one was earned by everybody.

Rex should have brought the house on the first pass on their last drive in regulation.

And this is why people like you make people not want to be civil. To even insinuate that Boller cost us the game yesterday is pure 100% bullshit. And I don't know anyone who doesn't already have their mind set on Boller that thinks he cost us the game.

Did he play poor in the 1st half? Yep. Did he put us in position to WIN the game? Yeah, he did..
    Bollers wounded duck interception happened when? I thought it was late in the third quarter. No one player is responsible for the loss and I haven't seen anyone insinuate it. I have seen some insinuate Boller had a great second half. He didn't , Boller made some good plays the second half but some of the drives were aided by penalties. The Browns being another 30 something ranked defense Boller should have had his way with them from start to finish. I counted two interceptions one returned 100 yards.:bag:

Well, if you have that offensive line, you tell me what QB would look any better. The answer is NONE. Absolutely NONE. ..
    So just that we're clear, NO QB would look better than Boller?

Most of the country doesn't give a shit about the Ravens, so that gets old too...
    A football fan doesn't need to care about a team to have an informed opinion about a certain player. :grbac:

This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt you either didn't watch the game, or you just have no idea what you're talking about. Clayton was wide open in the endzone. Boller got PLASTERED as he threw the ball. It was just a bad play. But to pretend the defense would have picked the ball off either way once again is incorrect.
    Boller should have recognized the blitz coming up the middle. His vision is poor, he may as well have blinders on plus he suffers from locking onto his primary read and staying there . Boller doesn't take into account anything else going on around him.

The safety would have made a play on that ball either way. Whether the ball would have been intercepted is open for debate but there were two Brown defenders in the zone one being on the recievers back.
    Boller was throwing into double and triple coverage all day long although there were some singles. I'm led to believe Boller makes up his mind were he's going with the ball before he breaks the huddle.
    Last edited by RustonRifle; 11-19-2007 at 12:09 PM.

But we can. If he takes the sack you could claim that he holds onto the ball too long. It's not anything I can't say knowing my experience with you.
    Who is we?.... YOU!?

Look I'm talking about the forced throw. If you want to go on a tangent about what I would say if this or that happened be my guest but I'm not playing along. Lets stick with what happened and forget about what I would say "if". If I did that with you'd get upset with me, We all know that especially with my prior run In's with you. :)

Lets get this straight I feel he played well in the 2nd half, aside from that crappy throw. If you want to defend it go ahead.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

The safety would have made a play on that ball either way. Whether the ball would have been intercepted is open for debate but there were two Brown defenders in the zone one being on the recievers back.
    Boller was throwing into double and triple coverage all day long.
    You have no idea if the ball would have been caught, thrown through the end zone or picked. You don't know where he was throwing.

And if he was throwing into double coverage all day long he did pretty well doing so. You can't just make these blanket statements, the best pass the Ravens have seen in maybe 2 years was the thing of beauty to Darling. That was double coverage, one trailing on his hip with help deep and they beat it.

He had a horrid first half but recovered in the second and had the team in the lead with 26 seconds left.

I actually KNEW when we got the ball back at 27-27 he would get us the FG, I can't recall the last time I felt that way.