Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Why don't we run it to win? Time for Billick to go.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe
    Yet he's got 2nd and 3rd and 1 with 36 seconds left and he fuckin throws it twice?
    I didn't have a problem with Billick calling a pass on second down, but on third down, what the hell? Even if they didn't make a first down, they could have run the clock down, and Stover would still have the same distance field goal. Bad decision.

Of course, we still could have won the game if the defense had not folded up like a cheap lawn chair at the end of regulation and in overtime, but it should never have even gotten to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I didn't have a problem with Billick calling a pass on second down, but on third down, what the hell? Even if they didn't make a first down, they could have run the clock down, and Stover would still have the same distance field goal. Bad decision.

Of course, we still could have won the game if the defense had not folded up like a cheap lawn chair at the end of regulation and in overtime, but it should never have even gotten to that point.
    I think you run on both. It's about taking time off the clock at that point. At no point should the Ravens have thrown the ball in that situation, in either down. It was about the 1st down at that time.

It makes absolutely zero sense to throw it. First, you risk an interception, which I believe in this situation is more likely than a fumble. Second, you stop the clock. Third, we could win with a FG, so you can't even claim to be going for the TD. It's just BRAINLESS. I know Billick isn't exactly known for his clock managing skills, but this is the straw that broke the camel's back

I'm through with Billick...I always liked the guy, but goddamn

4. Re: Why don't we run it to win? Time for Billick to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensInBrazil View Post
    I'm through with Billick...I always liked the guy, but goddamn
    This is insulting to me and could you please quit insulting God? Thank you:)

I always doubt when someone posts something like I'm getting ready to post, and I did not hear this straight from the horses mouth, so take it for what's it's worth.

But

Someone with ties to the owner told me that Bischotti and Billick already have a buyout agreement in place, and it will be executed if there is not marked improvement in the Ravens offense, beginning with the Cincinnati game.

Again, I did not hear this directly, but it is from a person I trust.

We'll see....

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    Sorry, but personal insults are a no no.
    Personal insults? Where was there a personal insult. Did I say anyone was stupid? No. I said that comment that stover needs to go was stupid.

EDIT:
    Nevermind... I realize what happened. I did not see the moderator edit tag
    Last edited by xmradiodave; 11-19-2007 at 06:18 AM. Reason: I am blind!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    47 yards was still long for Stover. We were trying to pick up a few more yards. People are just looking for reasons to bash Billick with that call. The defense and special teams could have stepped up to stop the browns on 2 back to back drives.
    That doesnt make any sense.

Billick did the same thing during the Jets and Cardinals game. By passing, the clock stop on incompletion, giving the Browns the advantage with the clock. Also, the run WAS working. Three runs up the gut in that situation and the Browns dont have enough time to get that gift field goal.

Bye bye, Brian. I got nothing against him personally, but he needs a change of jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by XXXV View Post
    I always doubt when someone posts something like I'm getting ready to post, and I did not hear this straight from the horses mouth, so take it for what's it's worth.

But

Someone with ties to the owner told me that Bischotti and Billick already have a buyout agreement in place, and it will be executed if there is not marked improvement in the Ravens offense, beginning with the Cincinnati game.

Again, I did not hear this directly, but it is from a person I trust.

We'll see....
    I pray that you are sooooo right!!! Billick is not a smart coach. Never has been, never will be. A good coach makes the difference when he doesn't have very much to work with, because of injuries and personnel. Key decisions yesterday could have resulted in a win for us.

From what I could stomach reading this thread you all say that Billick should go because he didn't call a running play. YET what would you all be saying if he had called the running play and A) McGhee goes backwards for loss of yards, B) Boller or McGhee drop the ball and Cleveland recovers, or C) both 2-1 and 3-1 the ball goes nowhere fast and were stuck with a long field goal that may or may not make it through the uprights???

Stop blaming Billick for every little thing this team does or doesn't do. He doesn't pick who is on Special Teams...that would be Frank Ganz (sp?) Jr. He doesn't pick who is active for the Defense...again, that would be Rex Ryan. And from what I understand from the Willie McGhee show, Boller has been calling some audibles in the huddle and who knows if and when he decides to make the change in the play. So to say we should have done this or done that is just pointless.

Now I have to go. My posts are malfunctioning so I can't review the play on the field. :D
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Billick is so wrapped up in calling plays and trying to save his ass in the eyes of the world.He has lost touch with what is happening in the game.Obviously his play calling chart,and what to call in certain situations is totally skewed.

Billick if you want to save your neck,put down your playbook next season and let the new Off' co'ord bring in his own.He should become a Joe Paterno type coach.Just standing on the sideline as a figurehead,letting his co-ordinators run the gametime show.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

that series yes you can blame Billick for and the calls that he made/didn't make, but the entire game and the loss is not Billicks fault imo.

Play calling can always be questioned by us the fans, no matter if we win or lose the game.

I am however in the Billick should go band.....this offense with him as the HC (no matter if next season he totally gives up reins of the offense to another or not) will never improve, and after 9 yrs seems as if to me he doesn't have the same ability to get this team prepared week in and week out.......same old song and dance speach probably before the game and during halftime I guess
    "Is it me or does Billick seem a bit in his Post game Interviews? or is it he's just :insane: and doesn't know what to do?"

How many timeouts did Cleveland have when they got the ball back? I don't remember. If it was 2 then running and not making the 1st down wouldn't have made a difference.

Second, for those who weren't at the stadium, the wind was swirling in the stadium. FGs were not a given yesterday as could be seen by Dawsons miss in the 1st quarter and his near miss to end the game...oh sorry, the end of the game that was overturned. If for some reason Willis got caught in the backfield now you are talking about a 50 yard FG in that swirling wind.

There were pros and cons to running/not running on that play.