Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Why don't we run it to win? Time for Billick to go.

Time to vent.

RUN THE F**king ball! Why are we passing with 38 seconds left in the game. RUN THE F**king ball and leave Cleveland with a few seconds to receive the kickoff.

I'm now in the Billick must be go camp. That was inexcusable. He gave the game to Cleveland. :grbac:

Re: Why don't we run it to win? Time for Billick to go.

47 yards was still long for Stover. We were trying to pick up a few more yards. People are just looking for reasons to bash Billick with that call. The defense and special teams could have stepped up to stop the browns on 2 back to back drives.

I really disagree, that was a really bad call there. If billick is THAT scared about Stover kicking a longer field goal then stover needs to go too, he's a liability if he's not got the coach's confidence at range period.

Defense and special teams hurt, sure....but Billick's job is to take all of that out of the equation.

Anyhow, I am in the Billick's got to go side of things, been there for awhile. We'll see what happens the rest of the year...and Boller's improvement, along with the offensive line in the second half is good.

Let's see how this plays out, but I still want Billick gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    47 yards was still long for Stover. We were trying to pick up a few more yards. People are just looking for reasons to bash Billick with that call. The defense and special teams could have stepped up to stop the browns on 2 back to back drives.
    I disagree. It wasn't too long, he made the field from there. And the 2 pass attempts were both for 1-2 yards. A smart coach runs the ball, especially the way McGahee had been playing and tries to get a few yards. You DON'T let the other team have the opportunity to beat you. It's coaching 101!

Hmmm... Billick is not going anywhere. With 4 years on contract, it makes it a bit difficult to just fire him. As for the comment that Stover must go... that is just plain stupid. No matter how you try to explain it, it is stupid.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Sorry, but personal insults are a no no.
    Last edited by The Fanatic; 11-18-2007 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Insulting other member

It was stupid not to run it on second down, even stupider not to on third down. This is yet another game Billick has blown because of his obsession with the pass.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

As I said in the thread - Billick learned nothing from that Buffalo game where Ray had to call him out on his radio show. Simply inexcusable. If you don't trust your $40m running back to get at LEAST one yard to get a first and wind the clock down further (you can even pass then, if you want!), what the fuck is he there for? Not to mention he'd been carving up the Browns all day long.

No excuse for not running on one of those downs - especially 3rd - we probably would not have made a 1st down but we would have gotten a few more yards for Stover - used a few more seconds & forced them to use a time out.

Billick gets paid millions for making these crappy decisions over & over again.

A good coach wins that game today period - unfortunately we don't have one of those at the moment

I'm so numb from this I am not even sure how I am typing right now.

The fact that Billick specifically said that he should have called it different after the Buffalo game, only to do the EXACT SAME THING here, shows me that Billick has absolutely no idea how to manage the clock.

This game was won. It was absolutely won. Run the ball, and if you get the 1st down you're even forcing the Browns to use their time outs. Any way you look at it, this game was won and Billick let it get away.

Billick needs to give the offense up. And since we know he isn't going to do that, he needs to go.

It was a long walk from the stadium today, and that's after huddling around the TV's on the lower level after leaving our seats on the FG. But that walk gave me clarity that Billick has to go and a fresh voice needs to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm so numb from this I am not even sure how I am typing right now.

The fact that Billick specifically said that he should have called it different after the Buffalo game, only to do the EXACT SAME THING here, shows me that Billick has absolutely no idea how to manage the clock.

This game was won. It was absolutely won. Run the ball, and if you get the 1st down you're even forcing the Browns to use their time outs. Any way you look at it, this game was won and Billick let it get away.

Billick needs to give the offense up. And since we know he isn't going to do that, he needs to go.

It was a long walk from the stadium today, and that's after huddling around the TV's on the lower level after leaving our seats on the FG. But that walk gave me clarity that Billick has to go and a fresh voice needs to come in.
    My buddy was flipping out as it was happening.

I've tried to give Billick the benefit of the doubt but this was insane.

How many times have we heard Billick say that he runs clock so that the other team doesn't get a chance to score?

Yet he's got 2nd and 3rd and 1 with 36 seconds left and he fuckin throws it twice?

Please.

Of course, the way it unfolded after that was beyond bizarre. The thing is, that stuff should've never happened.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    My buddy was flipping out as it was happening.

I've tried to give Billick the benefit of the doubt but this was insane.

How many times have we heard Billick say that he runs clock so that the other team doesn't get a chance to score?

Yet he's got 2nd and 3rd and 1 with 36 seconds left and he fuckin throws it twice?

Please.

Of course, the way it unfolded after that was beyond bizarre. The thing is, that stuff should've never happened.

PP
    Exactly. He snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. There is NO WAY he can command the respect of his players at this point. And without that he cannot effectively run the team.

The only out he has is to completely and publicly remove himself from the offense at the end of the season. I doubt his ego will allow that though. I just hope Steve can swallow the rest of his contract and let him go.