Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 171819

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Browns II

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown Matt View Post
    3. When is the NFL going to CATCH UP to the college game & do away with it's bullsh*t Overtime rules?? "Hey, if you win the coin flip & kick a FG we won't even let the other team try - suddenly you're a winner for being able to move your offense 40 yards! Congratulations!"

What a f***** up way to end the game.

The 1st half was as ugly as ever. Boller really settled down in the second half and made some great plays. Billick continues to screw he team and fans with his suspect play calling. It was improvement over the previous few weeks, just not enough.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Proud of Boller? For what? He was facing about the worst defense in the league with one of their starting corners knocked out, yet he did nothing the entire first half. He also got outplayed by a
    6th round pick with less experience on the other side facing a top tier defense. Why are the expectations of some of you so GD'd low for Boller? Please explain that to me will ya?
    I think he was saying that given Boller history of tripping over his own feet, throwing INTs and fumbling, it was good to see him step up and be a big part of the reason we came back in the game. Yes he was bad in the 1st half, but even you Tex have to admit that he played good during the second half.

You can say he got outplayed by a sixth round pick. Even through they BOTH had interceptions returned for TDs. Do you think we would had faired better with McNair in today?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I think he was saying that given Boller history of tripping over his own feet, throwing INTs and fumbling, it was good to see him step up and be a big part of the reason we came back in the game. Yes he was bad in the 1st half, but even you Tex have to admit that he played good during the second half.

You can say he got outplayed by a sixth round pick. Even through they BOTH had interceptions returned for TDs. Do you think we would had faired better with McNair in today?
    I seem to remember that there is another 6th round pick who is now the best QB in the NFL. So that doesn't amount to a hill of beans. But it's absolutely impossible for Tex to give Boller ANY credit whatsoever. I'm just sooooo sick of Tex. Boller was horrible in the first half, with the O-line not functioning at all, and men always in his face. He was much better in the second half, and engineered the first comeback of the season for this team. Yet Tex is unable to acknowledge that. Oh well....

Typical. Boller could have a Romo or Brady day and you would still find something to nit pick at.

Yeah Boller was facing the worst defense in the league, but wasn't Anderson facing the #5 ranked defense in the league. Let they were able to throw up 26 points on offense. Oh but we don't mention that cause Boller "lost" the game.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Dade, you are wasting your time talking to that jackass. Spanky should stay over at YBR where he has one or two other fools that agree with him.

Boller overcame a 1st half of crap, and overcame an offensive line that was letting defenders beat the shit out of him. And in the second half he adjusted to the bad pass protection and made play after play and led the team to 4 scoring drives.

But you are talking to a non-Ravens fan Dade, so guys like Tex will never change their tune.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMRaven View Post
    I seem to remember that there is another 6th round pick who is now the best QB in the NFL. So that doesn't amount to a hill of beans. But it's absolutely impossible for Tex to give Boller ANY credit whatsoever. I'm just sooooo sick of Tex. Boller was horrible in the first half, with the O-line not functioning at all, and men always in his face. He was much better in the second half, and engineered the first comeback of the season for this team. Yet Tex is unable to acknowledge that. Oh well....
    Boller had one touchdown and three turnovers, put up the worst rating of any QB the Browns have played this year, did all this at home, and you expect people to think Boller is an upgrade over an injured McNair? Go back and check McNair's stats against Cleveland at Cleveland and get back to me. Boller looked like lukewarm piss yesterday on all but about 3 pass attempts.