Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Can Billick improve the offense: Why or Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by bobw2829 View Post
    No - unless Billick can get out on the field and protect the quarterback, get open on pass plays, run for 4.0+ yards on 1st down, and throw accurate passes. Scheme, playcalling, whatever - doesn't matter. Offensive woes can be mostly attributed to the lack of execution of the players on the field IMO.
    I have this to offer. As Billick has said several times recently. "We all(nfl teams) have basically the same plays". But have you noticed that we NEVER ran on 3rd and 1, or 3rd and 2? Have you noticed we NEVER(until sunday) pass on first down? The system just may not be the problem. I know we have been VERY simple in our play calling, But it matters not what plays are used if the SAME play is used ALWAYS in the same situation! Ron Wolf, packers GM, said Brian Billick is the most fearless playcaller in the NFL! That Brian was not afraid to call any play at any time! He also said that play calling is Brian's REAL talent.... Let's see!

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    I have this to offer. As Billick has said several times recently. "We all(nfl teams) have basically the same plays". But have you noticed that we NEVER ran on 3rd and 1, or 3rd and 2? Have you noticed we NEVER(until sunday) pass on first down? The system just may not be the problem. I know we have been VERY simple in our play calling, But it matters not what plays are used if the SAME play is used ALWAYS in the same situation! Ron Wolf, packers GM, said Brian Billick is the most fearless playcaller in the NFL! That Brian was not afraid to call any play at any time! He also said that play calling is Brian's REAL talent.... Let's see!
    I sure hope you're right!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I'll say no, and the reasons is (Pressure)

1. he only made this move to fire Fassel and do the offense on his own cause he realizes he's under (pressure) from either Biscuit, or from himself to perform.

2. (Pressure) the pressure he is going to be under now will either make him very conversative in his calls (which probably will cost us a game or 2) or he will do for broke in decisions in play calling (which could cost us a game or 2)

3. the offense as a whole will be (under pressure) this move has got be be an eye opener to them as well that if they don't perform now with him calling the plays, that he's a goner after this season.

so, in closing I sure as heck hope this offense performs, but for my above mentioned reasons (pressure) I don't think so.