The Quarterback Graveyard

While the Baltimore Ravens consistently turn out the best of the best linebackers and may be referred to as a "linebacker factory"...

When it comes to QB's the Ravens are a cemetery.

It's horrible to think that the best we got out of Kordell Stewart was a punt...

Now McNair's career is over. No, this isn't the fault of the Baltimore Ravens...just like when Elvis had no running game to compliment his passing. It ain't what it ain't so to speak.

It is noteworthy however to take a peek at what has been Ravens Quarterback's.

Will the Ravens quarterbacks forever be relegated to the cemetery? If so, can we please see some of the Troy Smith goodness... this season.

Thanks!

Re: The Quarterback Graveyard

Code:
    It ain't what it ain't so to speak

That is a classic line. I love it.

This is the ultimate QB cemetary. Tears from Elvis. Nothing but wasted potential from Randall. The end of the line for Blake. The deer in the headlights look from Redman. Boller. And a freaking MVP three years removed who recommends Boller ahead of himself. College quarterbacks entering the draft beware.

Quote Originally Posted by jburns View Post
    Code:
    It ain't what it ain't so to speak

That is a classic line. I love it.

This is the ultimate QB cemetary. Tears from Elvis. Nothing but wasted potential from Randall. The end of the line for Blake. The deer in the headlights look from Redman. Boller. And a freaking MVP three years removed who recommends Boller ahead of himself. College quarterbacks entering the draft beware.

I could see it now. Matt Ryan is sitting at his cool table when he gets a call from Ozzie:

Ozzie - "Hey kid. You ready to be a Baltimore Raven?"

Matt - "Ummmmm...........well.............I............"

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Its not like we are the only team that goes through this QB conundrum,its just that we have a shorter history and it seems a bigger deal.

Looking around the NFL this season there is alot of very poor QB play.
    Hell,I watch 6 college football games a week,and I see better QB play within their own system than I do in the NFL.NFL defenses and schemes are just so good its eating average QB play up.

I agree if I was a college QB I'd be taking notes on our O'line,and offensive play calling.And looking for some sand to bury my head when the phone rings on draft day.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Billick's "system" is the only offensive scheme that could harness the greatest QB's to play this game. A young gun or mediocre old one hasn't much of a chance at mediocrity.

I wonder how much of Coach BB's success was having Randall throwing to Randy up there.
    one thing; none of our qbs have had success after leaving. Scott Mitchell did nada wi the bengals; Blake did nada; Trent (bless him) has done squat; TBanks was a decent backup; none of the Stony Case/Eric Zeir crowd did anything. Elvis and Randall retired out of here. Slash were done. Redman has a backup job only cuz his college coach is in Atlanta.
    whoda thunk Vinnie would still be playing at this point?
    Derek Anderson may turn out to be the best ex-Raven qb, and he was barely here.
    BR (Before Ravens)...Trent was released after first-round mediocrity; Randall had some great years but we got him too late; Vinnie had a good career, before and after; Grbac had a few good years; Mitchell had maybe one good season...McNair was great but seems to be at his end.
    here's a thought; if Derek A works out in Cleveland (and it looks like he will)...would the Brownies give up Brady Quinn???
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

We do have a problem at Qb... But I hardly think it is unique to the Ravens. If I'm not mistaken, Big Ben is the first qb Pees burgh has had that was/is a so called "franchiser" since Bradshaw. No?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

You are correct on the Stealers, who went through Stewart and O'Donnel and a number of others before Rottenburger.

Who can forget Bobby Brister...Mark Malone...and the immortal Tommy Maddox...