Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Demetrious Williams Out Tomorrow. Sigh.

Darling did do fairly well, let's see him get more time.

Talk about Clayton giving up on that ball down the middle, that really disappointed me.

I agree. Darling impressed me. And he said something before the game that I didn't think about. He and Boller played second team all the time. These two know each other well, and that caused them to hook up like that. I say he has to play again.

Clayton should have fought for that ball in the middle. Even if he couldn't catch it, he should have tried to keep the defender from catching it.

Not to incite anything but I have a pretty good feeling had McNair thrown the same pass to Clayton, with the same result, people would have been cursing McNair for underthrowing it. Clayton had the guy beat, Boller just underthrew it. It happens. I was happy to see the downfield pass though.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6 View Post
    Not to incite anything but I have a pretty good feeling had McNair thrown the same pass to Clayton, with the same result, people would have been cursing McNair for underthrowing it. Clayton had the guy beat, Boller just underthrew it. It happens. I was happy to see the downfield pass though.
    No, he underthrew it. Absolutely. But instead of shutting down the long pass like we've done before, Billick actually let Boller go deep again and again. I think that is the difference. How is Boller going to learn how to throw those, or ANY QB for that matter, if when the first time he misses you stop doing it? So I say let him keep throwing deep. Yes, he will be intercepted again. But he's going to start completing more of them too.

And you saw with every long pass, he got better through the day on them. And then he threw a touch pass to Darling for the TD.

I agree, he should definitely be throwing deep often, I think it's probably what he can do best. I don't think the short passing game works well for him, letting him throw it downfield is a much better use of his skill set. Some of the intermediate and deep throws he was making in the second half were great, especially the ones to Darling and the one to Mason to set up the field goal.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Agreed. He did have a couple nice short throws today too though. One to McGahee for 10 yards, and one to Mason running through the middle in the last drive come to mind.

I think this is actually stuff to build on. It was exciting, I'll say that.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    No, he underthrew it. Absolutely. But instead of shutting down the long pass like we've done before, Billick actually let Boller go deep again and again. I think that is the difference. How is Boller going to learn how to throw those, or ANY QB for that matter, if when the first time he misses you stop doing it? So I say let him keep throwing deep. Yes, he will be intercepted again. But he's going to start completing more of them too.

And you saw with every long pass, he got better through the day on them. And then he threw a touch pass to Darling for the TD.
    Eh, come on Sting.

Boller is a 5th year player now. He can't be "learning" how to throw the deep balls anymore.

He did some good things, yes, but that ball has gotta be there.

PP