Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: A Brown, Brooks and Butler elswhere

We can always sign guys like Butler and Ochi to the active roster if we need them. And, KL-M has been signed to our practice squad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    ... And, KL-M has been signed to our practice squad.
    Will someone in the know please tell me the rules of being signed to the PS (?) I thought you couldn't be signed after your first two years. Is it because K.L-M was on IR his first two? Anyway, if somebody can explain, I'd be grateful... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Apparently Butler was offered a practice squad spot with the Ravens but declined it and signed with Tampa Bay's practice squad. That seems odd, except he went to high school in Florida. Maybe he wanted to be closer to home, or perhaps he thought his chances were better there??
    Possible that TB offered more money. Also, possible that there are some hurt feelings.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Will someone in the know please tell me the rules of being signed to the PS (?) I thought you couldn't be signed after your first two years. Is it because K.L-M was on IR his first two? Anyway, if somebody can explain, I'd be grateful... Bc
    KL-M has 5 games, that is a credited season, but not an accrued season , but I don't understand it either.

Credited Seasons (CS) are the most frequently used form of experience. In order for a player to earn a credited season they must be on “full pay status for a total of three or more regular season games (Art. 26, Sec. 2, 146).”

A player who is on the Exempt Commissioner Permission List, the Reserve PUP List, a team’s practice squad, or the Injured Reserve List will not accumulate games towards a CS.

Also, if a player is put on season-ending IR and does not meet the threshold for full pay status, he does not earn a CS.

Accrued Seasons determine a player’s free agency designations (Art. 8, Sec. 1, 34).
    https://in2theleague.wordpress.com/2...crued-seasons/

A player cannot participate on the practice squad for more than three seasons; he is eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment, or have no prior accrued seasons in the NFL (an accrued season is six or more games on the active roster); or if he has accrued a year of NFL experience on a club's 53-man active roster. If the player was on the active list for fewer than 9 games during their "only Accrued Season(s)", he maintains his eligibility for the practice squad
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Practice_squad
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Possible that TB offered more money. Also, possible that there are some hurt feelings.
    I feel sad for people who make big life decisions based on hurt feelings with having any self awareness of their situation in life.

But given that TB's WR corps is slimmer than the Ravens' I am sure a) Butler sees an opportunity there that he doesn't have with the Ravens and b) he's not making decisions based on possible hurt feelings.

Same thing for Ochi. He's got a ton of players ahead of him in the Ravens' OLB pecking order. Even if Doom and Suggs were to retire next year he'd still be just a depth player. Better find a team with fewer OLBs so he has a better chance on playing on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Maybe he is pissed by being cut after the way he played in the preseason
    I often wonder if getting cut or being dissed cause hard feelings toward the team . And if a return shot is offered , do they hold that grudge when they return?

Blog Entries

Apparently Butler was offered a practice squad spot with the Ravens but declined it and signed with Tampa Bay's practice squad. That seems odd, except he went to high school in Florida. Maybe he wanted to be closer to home, or perhaps he thought his chances were better there??
    They only have one WR behind Jackson and Evans that I like and Jackson is getting up there. I could see him being promoted within the first few weeks.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Wish them much success. And here's another chance to see if coaching was an issue, LOL.

wtf t brooks cut ughh

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Same thing for Ochi. He's got a ton of players ahead of him in the Ravens' OLB pecking order. Even if Doom and Suggs were to retire next year he'd still be just a depth player. Better find a team with fewer OLBs so he has a better chance on playing on Sundays.
    If Ochi felt that way about his chances with the Ravens, why did he sign with them as a UDFA in the first place? He could have gone elsewhere from the beginning and learned that team's system. It just seems odd to sign with someone else's practice squad under those circumstances.

Given the immediate interest in our players, does that reflect on our System? What say u!!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

If Ochi felt that way about his chances with the Ravens, why did he sign with them as a UDFA in the first place? He could have gone elsewhere from the beginning and learned that team's system. It just seems odd to sign with someone else's practice squad under those circumstances.
    History

Scott, Ellerbee, McClain, Orr, McClellan, Josh Bynes

Heck LB Cavellius Luckett made the team (IR ;) )

Don't think he worried about his chances as much as he knew we were a team that really gave a chance, and we wanted him.

How many years in a row now has an UDFA made the team with Michael Pierce this year?
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old