Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What is the starting Offensive Line going to be?

I love Lewis for the future. Not sure I want to see two rookies playing next to each other to start the year. Would love to see Urschel or Jensen step up and take the center job. That would give us some great future stability. across the line.

As mentioned, Jensen looks damn good at C as per FilmStudy.
    If Zuttah gets dinged, Jensen will step in, and then may never step out.

In a vacuum, cutting Zuttah in 2017 is not particularly cap restrictive, and you do have get something done with Wags, BWill and possibly Doom, and possibly Wallace (if he's coming off a banner year).

Zuttah's salary is too high to be a reserve in 2017.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

stanley, Lewis, Zuttah, Yanda, Wagner

I think its rather obvious thats set at this point, unless i missed something? I see it as a good thing that theyve been playing Lewis over Urschel and Jensen, because that means hes been beating them in practice, and clearly proving to be the better player. Knowing how i feel about Urschel and Jensen, that means we should be happily surprised with Lewis' play when the real games start.

i have no issue with Zuttah, if they say hes better than Urschel or Jensen than im good with that. I have little worry either could step for him if needed. we need tackle depth though. I still expect us to carry 8 and pick up a T that gets cut or one after week 1.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    stanley, Lewis, Zuttah, Yanda, Wagner

I think its rather obvious thats set at this point, unless i missed something? I see it as a good thing that theyve been playing Lewis over Urschel and Jensen, because that means hes been beating them in practice, and clearly proving to be the better player. Knowing how i feel about Urschel and Jensen, that means we should be happily surprised with Lewis' play when the real games start.
    To be fair, Urschel has been hurt, but I agree. Lewis really does seem to have earned it. I was unimpressed with him personally.

I could see jensen overtaking Zuttah at some point. Like BPR said if Zuttah goes down Jensen will be the first man in.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    To be fair, Urschel has been hurt, but I agree. Lewis really does seem to have earned it. I was unimpressed with him personally.

I could see jensen overtaking Zuttah at some point. Like BPR said if Zuttah goes down Jensen will be the first man in.
    To keep things sorted/filed in my mind, I tend to clump things together, and to a degree I'm clumping Wagner and Lewis together
    the similarities are numerous
    1- big school Wisconsin/Nebraska
    2 - Middle round pick 168 (5th) vs 130 (4th) - Lewis 4th may only be that high because we had 5 and he was the 3rd in the fourth so similar draft positionn
    3- both are swing T/G

Wagner was drafted with Michael Oher at RT, and was named starter there the next year
    Lewis was drafted with Rick Wagner at RT and ... it is Rick's last rookie contract year

Harbs has said best 5, and best 5 this year may be Lewis at LG, but some association in my clumping is saying we may be looking at next year's RT depending on what Wagner gets on the open market, so LG isn't really solidified for a couple of years but could easily be a focus again next year

That must have been some kind of bruise Urschel got .... I'm strongly suspecting bone bruise (especially in light of the trickle of info that comes out on injuries... we are told contusion which is usually muscle, now I hear bruise and wonder)
    http://www.tsaog.com/connect-learn-i...is-a-misnomer/

Urschel's setback has complicated what we are seeing develop on the OL and could easily have made Zuttah safer, I'll never know
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Stanley -Lewis - Jensen - Yanda - Wagner.

This O Line had me worried. As stated about about Zuttah , I'm not sold on him at all. If center was easy to replace, i would love to pick up a camp cut vet center. But it's not. O think Lewis gets LG , only do to Urschel injury . Got to be on field to make plays. Lewis needs more , but I would ride with him. I put Jensen in , I'm highly concerned about shotgun snaps from Zuttah.
    But I'll throw a different 5 out.

Stanley-Ducasse -Urschel- Yanda - Wagner. Still see a camp cut T coming in for backup with Lewis and Wesley
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest