Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The Official Dean Pees Thread of Darkness and Hatred.

Not sure if this has been discussed..... What does his contract look like? I'm thinking perhaps this year he could fill the role of a coordinator with group say instead of him having the final say in a matter. He's not completely inept on the subject of defense. I'm thinking with his knowledge and what they owe him maybe that's why he's still here. Thoughts?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Not sure if this has been discussed..... What does his contract look like? I'm thinking perhaps this year he could fill the role of a coordinator with group say instead of him having the final say in a matter. He's not completely inept on the subject of defense. I'm thinking with his knowledge and what they owe him maybe that's why he's still here. Thoughts?
    We talked about this before and I think the only thing we could really find was that he was year-to-year.

The guy is 68 years old. My guess is that this defense better be light years ahead of where it was last year or he's gone.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    We talked about this before and I think the only thing we could really find was that he was year-to-year.

The guy is 68 years old. My guess is that this defense better be light years ahead of where it was last year or he's gone.
    Thanks solo. I couldn't remember being discussed but year to year is good. I know game time Pees has the final say but I'm hoping his decisions will be tweaked by the coaching staff and not alone. I don't want the Ravens to go on a loosing streak before he gets gone.

Blog Entries

IIRC this same type of thread was made last year. One giant "Dean Pees is a fucking idiot" thread, basically and it lasted all season. And it's a good idea to have another one, because I'm sure it's going to be another 4 months of constant talk about how terrible a coordinator he is and it'd be better to keep that in one place vs. permeating other threads across the board...
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 08-24-2016 at 09:14 AM.

Blog Entries

I will not post in this thread.
    Wazzat? I already have.
    Nevermind... Bc

Maybe they just needed a coordinator on deck to let go mid-season to provide the catalyst for a super bowl run?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

There is quite a bit NOT to like about Pees. I don't like Pees. I think he is the worst coordinator we have had on either side of the ball around these parts since Cavanaugh. I will be glad when he is gone and younger blood is running the D.

That said...would any coordinator be able to make magic out of our secondary? It's pretty yuck.

Blog Entries

I'm going to at least see game 1 before I starting hating Pees

Blog Entries

oh no no no no no Smoove is not partaking in this...not yet lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    There is quite a bit NOT to like about Pees. I don't like Pees. I think he is the worst coordinator we have had on either side of the ball around these parts since Cavanaugh. I will be glad when he is gone and younger blood is running the D.

That said...would any coordinator be able to make magic out of our secondary? It's pretty yuck.
    Pretty much how I feel. Well, Mattison brought out the same feelings of WTF defensive calls, but Pees/Mattison both have moments of making me feel like I'm hearing nails scrape on a chalk board.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    oh no no no no no Smoove is not partaking in this...not yet lol
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    LOL I will not jump on this not yet I said 3 games and I am sticking with that if I criticize the defense it won't be pees alone I am being more levelheaded on this for now not to appease anyone but I want to look at the issue as a whole and not just one guy for right now...so 3 games is what I'm giving him now if shit is still effed up after 3 games? Well Fan you know where can find me LOL