Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
  1. Re: I see a Super Bowl run!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    I would be more comfortable with Joe coming back some time in late November or December. To me it's about Joe and not the Ravens. He's too good to take chances and that's what I feel is happening. Your right about game 6 or 7. Unfortunately that's when things really get interesting. The running game and solid defense will win games initially. Joe should sit. His meh performance of late isn't promising. I think it's the tip of the iceberg.
    December? May as well shut it down for the whole season as we will be in contention for the #1 overall pick by that point.

I don't think Joe is as bad off as you say he is. He'll be playing in the opener. Joe at 80% is infinitely better than Mallet or Johnson. It'd be a luxury to have a backup that could play well enough to rest Flacco but we don't. This franchise will not throw away an entire season just to baby our $25 million a year quarterback's injury.

Re: I see a Super Bowl run!

History shows that the chances are better than not that they can make a deep playoff run, but history also shows that we've had good teams that suffered a lot of injuries and often had teams that were a couple plays and bounces of the ball away from 8-8, went on to make deep playoff runs. Even injury plagued seasons show up as 5-11 on the stat sheet. No asterisks there... I will get excited for playoffs in the last 1/4 of the season and I will root for a SB Win when/if they make it there!