Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Is Justin Forsett entering "Hot Seat" Territory?

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    If you get rid of Juice in favor of a fourth HB, how many snaps a game is that fourth HB going to have?

Do we want to go into short yardage situations with no FB? Juice is a pass-catcher, one of our best special teams players, and probably second-best back in pass pro. I don't see them getting rid of him.

Filmstudy floated the idea that we will actually go with five RBs. But if we don't, I think the odd man out is Allen. He doesn't bring anything unique to the party, and his ceiling isn't as high as Dixon's.
    :word

If you get rid of Juice in favor of a fourth HB, how many snaps a game is that fourth HB going to have?

Do we want to go into short yardage situations with no FB? Juice is a pass-catcher, one of our best special teams players, and probably second-best back in pass pro. I don't see them getting rid of him.

Filmstudy floated the idea that we will actually go with five RBs. But if we don't, I think the odd man out is Allen. He doesn't bring anything unique to the party, and his ceiling isn't as high as Dixon's.
    I disagree.

I think he is by far the best pass catching RB on our roster. I think West is the best short yardage back and I think Dixon has the highest ceiling to be an every down back (I don't think he's there right now though). Which is essentially where my theory came from. Forsett is almost a jack of all trades, master of none, whereas I think West and Buck are better at their skill and Dixon has the potential to be the best all around.

Juices ST ability is what I think keeps him on this team. If Boyle wasn't suspended it would be interesting as I think he could do the FB role in short yardage situations.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

who lasts longer pees or forsett?

Blog Entries

What are all the other teams without a traditional fullback doing? Somehow they're still able to run in short yardage. The can still score on the goal line. It's not like Juice is a great blocker. His real value is as an outlet receiver. The guy catches a lot of balls from that spot. We have others who can also catch running out of the backfield.

I'm not convinced that Juice is gone but between Forsett, West, Allen Dixon and Juice it's Juice who I think is most likely to go if the went with 4.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    who lasts longer pees or forsett?
    Sorry, I can't see the Forsett for the Pees... Bc

I think West is their best pass blocker, Dixon best runner, Allen best receiver. Forsett has a 3M base, the other guys all make the minimum. I doubt there will be more than 4 teams that keep more than 4 RBs because out of all positions you can find a guy on the street. Ravens acted like there was a chance they'd keep Monroe until he could pass a physical, Ravens need Forsett to pass a physical and to have confidence West can hold it down for Dixon. 35% Forsett makes the team.

Blog Entries

Unless the Ravens are holding out Forsett to trade him back to Seattle........................

I'm telling you, Seattle is so banged up at RB right now......
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    To me the RB on the hot seat is Juice. They barely used him in the game. The biggest reason to keep him is his ability to catch on a simple wheel route. Dixon can do the exact same thing. Trestman did not have that much use for a FB in the offenses he ran with the Bears. He would use TE Dante Rosario as kind of a non H-back TE/FB.

I see Juice being cut and a combination of runningbacks, Tight Ends and maybe Timmy Jernigan lead blocking on the goal line. It stinks because it means getting rid of a good player but that position is stacked with good players. Someone has to go
    They wouldn't cut Juice because he's productive and someone else would sign him next year to net a compensatory 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by cleaver View Post
    I think West is their best pass blocker, Dixon best runner, Allen best receiver. Forsett has a 3M base, the other guys all make the minimum. I doubt there will be more than 4 teams that keep more than 4 RBs because out of all positions you can find a guy on the street. Ravens acted like there was a chance they'd keep Monroe until he could pass a physical, Ravens need Forsett to pass a physical and to have confidence West can hold it down for Dixon. 35% Forsett makes the team.
    Considering every mention of West from the coaches all offseason was about how he needed to work on his pass protection to take the next step, I'm going to have to say you're wrong here. Forsett is far and away the best pass blocker on this team right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Considering every mention of West from the coaches all offseason was about how he needed to work on his pass protection to take the next step, I'm going to have to say you're wrong here. Forsett is far and away the best pass blocker on this team right now.
    I'd have to watch West closer, but Forsett is definitely a good pass blocker.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Yeah I'm too influenced by the preseason game I just saw where West did a good job but keep in mind Forsett will be coming off a broken arm, that could affect pass blocking.

My guess is Buck could really be the odd man out here. If we are talking about HB. But I think Juice may be the guy that could ultimately be the one going because I don't know that there is a roll for him on the team much anymore outside of ST. Did they use a FB at all Thursday night because I don't remember seeing one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk