Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: In a few words, perhaps 4 or less, describe your impression of this first Glimpse of 2016

if our offense can stay healthy and every one comes back 100% this unit will be a force, the defense I don't know man I just feel like it's going to be the same bs with this unit again the difference is it's a lot faster than it was last season but that's all I can see for now.

Re: In a few words, perhaps 4 or less, describe your impression of this first Glimpse of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    That area is my biggest concern.
    Tavon Young looking good though. He'll move up the depth chart quickly.

Blog Entries

we ave some talent and depth on defense this year so I hope it's a different result this season than we've seen the last 4yrs, who is this price kid too? He was causing all kinds of problems for that Carolina line, Young looked good so far one thing I noticed about young was that he located the ball on every play, brooks and elam are playing with confidence again you can tell by how they are covering and hitting, Correa didn't do as much as I thought he would have but it's his first game and first time seeing live action, Judon is going to be a force, 56 need more playing time he was creating all kinds of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Tavon Young looking good though. He'll move up the depth chart quickly.
    Maybe he'll be the surprise guy out of the draft....we need it.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    we ave some talent and depth on defense this year so I hope it's a different result this season than we've seen the last 4yrs, who is this price kid too? He was causing all kinds of problems for that Carolina line, Young looked good so far one thing I noticed about young was that he located the ball on every play, brooks and elam are playing with confidence again you can tell by how they are covering and hitting, Correa didn't do as much as I thought he would have but it's his first game and first time seeing live action, Judon is going to be a force, 56 need more playing time he was creating all kinds of problems.
    The good thing to me is none of the rookies looked particularly bad, so that's always nice.

I don't think I noticed Willie Henry once, so that may not be a good thing. I'll knwo more when I rewatch and focus in on guys, but I don't have any specific complaints about any of the rookies.

My biggest concern last night was Jimmy. He just looked bad.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

bend but dont break
    fire dean pees threads

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    The good thing to me is none of the rookies looked particularly bad, so that's always nice.

I don't think I noticed Willie Henry once, so that may not be a good thing. I'll knwo more when I rewatch and focus in on guys, but I don't have any specific complaints about any of the rookies.

IIRC Henry was the guy that penetrated into the back field and dropped the RB for a loss during one play.
    I know I remember seeing him involved in at least one play in a meaningful way.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

IIRC Henry was the guy that penetrated into the back field and dropped the RB for a loss during one play.
    That's excellent.

#78 Micheal Pierce stood out to me playing the NT. He's a big dude at 6 foot 340 pounds but moved surprisingly quick.

He has his work cut out for him in a deep DL battle, but last night he collapsed the pocket several times.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

i chalk it up to preseason, Jimmy probably is going about half speed right now, but man he was looking bad for much of last season too I hope we didn't over pay him

Blog Entries

the Dline is much deeper, we are also faster at OLB much faster, I just feel like this scheme is not going to take advantage of the speed we have this season on defense but we shall see like I said I am giving pees about 3 games into the regular season before I sound off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    i chalk it up to preseason, Jimmy probably is going about half speed right now, but man he was looking bad for much of last season too I hope we didn't over pay him
    A lot can be said about being a poor scheme fit. He really belongs in a scheme that uses him pressing a lot (he's probably the only guy on our roster with that trait). He'd be great in Pagano's old D....

But at the same time, he just looks lost right now, so I'm not willing to attribute that entirely to scheme. He needs to play better.
    - Ray Lewis

Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 11h11 hours ago
    Ravens who struggled or had quiet nights: Jerraud Powers, Brent Urban, Kaelin Clay, Keenan Reynolds, Victor Ochi.

Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 11h11 hours ago
    Ravens who stood out in in opener: Terrance West, Kenneth Dixon, Ryan Mallett, Matt Judon, Chris Carter, Vlad Ducasse, Willie Henry, Butler