Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: ABC News Article on the Harbaugh's and John

Kinda weird when it comes to Cam.
    I think he was instrumental in the development of Flacco and at the same time could have been the reason we never got to and won the Superbowl with Flacco if he wasn't fired.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Kinda weird when it comes to Cam.
    I think he was instrumental in the development of Flacco and at the same time could have been the reason we never got to and won the Superbowl with Flacco if he wasn't fired.
    Oh...I agree with that....like all coaches, he seemed to have lost his mojo along the way and Harbaugh, Bisciotti, Newsome, whoever finally needed to make a change. One of the biggest problems since Cameron has been the revolving door at OC...that doesn't help Flacco or anybody on the offensive side of the ball for that matter..hopefully Flacco and Trestman can click this season and they can get on a multi-year roll like some of the other notable QB/coordinators around the league.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Disagree. I thought he did a great job in Flacco's first year with tailoring the offense to a rookie QB. Anybody remember being shocked when the Ravens ran the no huddle with a rookie QB in week 1?

And I thought he was doing really good with Flacco in season 2 until Flacco got his leg rolled up on against the Vikings....
    When crunch time came, Flacco's arm saved the day. Saw it many times. After he left, that same arm showed Raven fans what they could expect in the future. Cameron tried to reign in that arm with his play calling, in my opinion. Many wondered why the shotgun was the last resort when the game was on the line, from what I recalled.

Blog Entries

I think we can all agree that Cameron was a good coach for Flacco's early development. However, Cameron overstayed his welcome by two and a half years. 2010 was a clear sign of it. Flacco's chemistry with Jim Zorn was great. His footwork was better. His overall mechanics were better. He made things happen even though he didn't have anyone to stretch the field. He made it work with Mason and Boldin (Who was being misused), along with Houshmanzadeh.

And what happens that off-season, Zorn gets fired, because he and Cameron don't see eye to eye. Then, Harbaugh doubles down and makes Cameron the QB coach. Flacco was understandably pissed. It was like Harbaugh chose Cameron over Flacco, AND in the face of results no less.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Great article.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    The link is here
    This article was FABULOUS. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I never would have just run across it.

Disagree. I thought he did a great job in Flacco's first year with tailoring the offense to a rookie QB. Anybody remember being shocked when the Ravens ran the no huddle with a rookie QB in week 1?
    And I thought he was doing really good with Flacco in season 2 until Flacco got his leg rolled up on against the Vikings....
    Yes, agree. Cameron did great work for us in the early days of the Harbaugh administration. There came a time to move on from him; but we don't get to the conf title game in 2008 without the work Cameron did, and there were other successes as well.

Blog Entries

:word

He was like a parent training a baby
    (coach-rookie)
    There comes a time when every parent's job is basically done and apron strings have to be cut
    That was the problem, Cam couldn't let go and let the maturing Raven fly ..... the apron strings unfortunately had to be forcibly cut...
    and we saw that Raven take the training and teaching and produce one of the greatest playoff runs by a QB ever

Cam was excellent for Flacco early, Cam was terrible for Flacco late .... he needed to become an advisor but he couldn't stop being the offensive field general
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

You don't blindside Jim Harbaugh, LOL. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...pended-players

The Harbaugh's are meatheads - but that is a compliment. I would absolutely love that either one of them as a coach of any team I played for or follow. They do whatever it takes to win. They indiscriminately fight for every inch they can get on the football field every game. They have my respect. Great heads up, thanks for sharing.