Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: OT: Build an elite QB

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Or the people who acknowledge it act like it was one fluke streak of four games. They really act like the four seasons before that never happened. You know, the making the playoffs and winning at least one playoff game in each of his first four seasons in the league? It amazes me how all that gets erased.
    It's a combination of an over-reliance on statistics (which ignores context) and the simple fact that human beings are not very good at being logical.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Or the people who acknowledge it act like it was one fluke streak of four games. They really act like the four seasons before that never happened. You know, the making the playoffs and winning at least one playoff game in each of his first four seasons in the league? It amazes me how all that gets erased.
    Anyone that takes that stance is proof to me that they just buy the public opinion and haven't actually seen the games.

It's a dead giveaway.

Blog Entries

For me?

Size: Cam Newton, 6'6" 250 and built like a defensive end.
    Arm Strength: Joe Flacco, no one in the league has as live of an arm.
    Accuracy: Aaron Rodgers, the guy just puts it on the money EVERY time.
    Mobility: Marcus Mariota, he may be young, but the kid can really move when he gets outside of the pocket.
    Awareness: Tom Brady, love him or hate him, the guy doesn't like to get hit and he effectively gets rid of the ball.
    Playmaker: Ben Roethlisberger, when the play breaks down and it's time to make something out of nothing, there aren't many better than BR.
    Comeback Ability: Joe Flacco, I'm not being a homer here. When the game is on the line, Flacco is the guy you want with the ball.
    Evasiveness: Russell Wilson, he may not be prototypical size, but he feels pressure about as good as anyone in the league and he escapes the pocket really well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Anyone that takes that stance is proof to me that they just buy the public opinion and haven't actually seen the games.

It's a dead giveaway.
    My response to anyone who is overly critical of Flacco is always, "You play fantasy football, don't you?" Haven't been wrong about that yet.

In fairness, most fans only see players on other teams a few times a season, as opposed to seeing the home team 16 times. And Flacco is one of those guys that you appreciate more the more you watch him.
    "Chin up, chest out."

My response to anyone who is overly critical of Flacco is always, "You play fantasy football, don't you?" Haven't been wrong about that yet.

In fairness, most fans only see players on other teams a few times a season, as opposed to seeing the home team 16 times. And Flacco is one of those guys that you appreciate more the more you watch him.

well most of america plays fantasy
    football

I think in 2 years the top dog will be Joseph Vincent Flacco. Especially after a home victory in the AFCC, and another SB MVP in the 2017/18 season.

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Cam put up 500 pts with Michael Oher at LT, Ted Ginn as his best wideout and played even with an all time great pass rush in the Super Bowl and we questioning his mental toughness. That's high level player hating.
    Speaking of Cam's mental toughness... http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...e95196387.html

Bet you'd never see Joe doing that. Or Brady. Or Ben. Or Brees. Or....
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

It's a dead giveaway.
    The undervaluing of Flacco has been going on since he came into the league with Matt Ryan. And normally I just let those comments slide.

But the one quote from the (reportedly) GM about Flacco being timid, nervous and lacking confidence just blows me away. Either this is one of the worst GMs in the league, or he's never seen Flacco play for an extended period of games.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    The undervaluing of Flacco has been going on since he came into the league with Matt Ryan. And normally I just let those comments slide.

But the one quote from the (reportedly) GM about Flacco being timid, nervous and lacking confidence just blows me away. Either this is one of the worst GMs in the league, or he's never seen Flacco play for an extended period of games.
    Flacco has been throwing off his back foot a lot more ever since he got paid.

Blog Entries

Tyrod Taylor is the new $100M man. 6 years, sounds like about $50M guaranteed but just a hunch on that piece. The team put some type of out clauses in there in case they want to change gears down the road, similar to the Kap contract

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ract-extension

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 16m16 minutes ago
    #Bills QB Tyrod Taylor will make $9.5M in '16, then the team has an option. If they pick it up, he gets $27.5M in '17 & the extension begins

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    Flacco has been throwing off his back foot a lot more ever since he got paid.
    Or when his WRs went to shit?

Statsman...show us the back foot throws from 2013, 2014 and 2015.

I have a hunch 2013 and 2015 look more similar to each other than either do to 2014.

You and your ilk conveniently seem to gloss over 2014 when making such sweeping comments.

But I'm sure back foot throws are instead DIRECTLY related to his bank account.
    Last edited by bt12483; 08-12-2016 at 05:00 PM.