Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Dennis Dixon on ESPN at 9pm 11/15

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I don't know if he "blew" it per se, he was walking on it on the sideline, but either way it doesn't look good for Dixon......

If there is anything "good", he may drop to the later rounds because of the knee, but he just needs one good tackle by an NFL linebacker and he would be done anyway.....:(.......I'm really depressed....

Oh well, I would be happy with Matt Ryan, but we prolly won't get him either.....
    Many times a player will walk with almost no limp after tearing their knee up. Jamal Lewis did it in 01 when he tore his ACL at training camp.

I remember Olandis Gary tore his ACL but actually played the rest of the game.

I'd be stunned if it isn't a severe injury.

PP

Its a torn ACL, I did the same thing last year...and the way he described it, "My foot planted and my knee went the other way" is the same words i described my torn ACL.

Its tough to see a young kid go down like that but he will bounce back as I have.
    You just have to hope teams don't over analyze the injury and avoid drafting him. The Bills didn't with McGahee.

I think I am in the minority, but I dont want Dixon anyway you slice it.

We tried the flashy running QB in Stewart and it didnt work. Didnt we have Randall Cinningham for a time as well?

Still, I wouldnt be surprised if they give him a serious look. Ozzie loves the Pac-10 for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I think I am in the minority, but I dont want Dixon anyway you slice it.

We tried the flashy running QB in Stewart and it didnt work. Didnt we have Randall Cinningham for a time as well?

Still, I wouldnt be surprised if they give him a serious look. Ozzie loves the Pac-10 for some reason.
    Cunningham and Stewart were at the end of their career. How many games did they start for the Ravens? I like the possibility of Dixon becasue of his versatility. I hate our offensive scheme and statue QB's like Matt Ryan. I havent seen Dixon very high in mock drafts so maybe we can grab him in the 2nd or 3rd round and he can spend next year behind Boller and Smith.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Dixon's relaxed calmness,and fluid passing does remind me of Randall Cunningham. Feel really bad for the kid. Injuries and turnovers,just what we didn't need while watching something else other than a Raven game.:grbac:

As to the baseball talk. They were talking about it during a previous Oregon game. Bo Jackson, Deion did it.So why not Dixon? Baseball & football that is.

If we cannot get Dixon for the Ravens how about Lou Holtz's pep talks for the team in pregame.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

RavenTD, that's the reason I like Dixon so much. He's so cool and collected and has GREAT ball fakes and huge hands.

I don't see any reason why he couldn't be a more traditional QB. A pick in the top 15 of the second for Dixon would be incredible value (and likely where he'll go if there really is an ACL injury)

The business about being a minor league baseball player I find very appealing. Playing two sports at that level requires discipline, dedication and smarts, three things he would need at the NFL level.

I have no problem with his ability to run, as long as he also has the ability to stand (or move) in the pocket and pass the ball.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    If we cannot get Dixon for the Ravens how about Lou Holtz's pep talks for the team in pregame.
    Now hang on, we don't need our players drowning in spit as Holtz stammers through his words. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    Now hang on, we don't need our players drowning in spit as Holtz stammers through his words. ;)
    Stockers I hope you said the same with all these calls for Cowher as the new Ravens head coach.

ExiledRaven I loved watching Randall playing QB,and that play as an Eagle QB being tackled at the ankles brought down,bouncing backup and throwing a TD is still an amazing highlight.

Compare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gI04sb7fhI

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    Stockers I hope you said the same with all these calls for Cowher as the new Ravens head coach.

ExiledRaven I loved watching Randall playing QB,and that play as an Eagle QB being tackled at the ankles brought down,bouncing backup and throwing a TD is still an amazing highlight.

Compare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gI04sb7fhI
    Does this mean that you, too would advise to "Just say NO to spittle?" I hope so... I wouldn't want to be the only one who has not been swayed by the Hype that follows that .. that spitball!

The only thing that concerns me with Dixon is he seems pencil thin. He's 6'4" and 200# but it doesn't look to me from his build that he could carry much more weight. Could he hold up to the rigors of the NFL? Just a question..

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    Does this mean that you, too would advise to "Just say NO to spittle?" I hope so... I wouldn't want to be the only one who has not been swayed by the Hype that follows that .. that spitball!
    Yes I am anti hairy lip, spittle mouth.Cowher just doesn't fit this teams MO.
    Or what this team should become.

The only thing that concerns me with Dixon is he seems pencil thin.
    You know I thought D'will has skinny legs,but Dixon seems to out do him.
    Must be a Duck thing.