Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Ben Watson: Planned Parenthood rooted in racism

Learn from history. Ben Watson has. Margaret Sanger was an evil woman on par with Hitler. Biscotti let Ayanbendejo talk, let's see what he says about this.

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2016/08...ed-parenthood/

Blog Entries

Re: Ben Watson: Planned Parenthood rooted in racism

She truly was, saying something to the effect that Black people were like weeds that needed to be exterminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    She truly was, saying something to the effect that Black people were like weeds that needed to be exterminated.
    Amazing that Watson says something that is resonating around the web and world and some seem to poo poo it.

Blog Entries

I mean, I guess one could interpret Margaret Sanger's activism in a number of ways, but there are a number of fact-checking outlets that have debunked any kind of underlying sinister motivation for Sanger and Planned Parenthood.

This is just one:

http://www.politifact.com/new-hampsh...mericans-shou/

I have a lot of admiration and respect for Ben Watson and men of his caliber. He's incredibly intelligent and active in every community he lives. I dont know that I fully agree with him here though. I think a lot of what he is saying is based in his Christian ideology, which by and large go against PPH's mission. I also think he is falling into conspiracies that don't seem to have a lot of basis in reality.

If Sanger was such an evil person, why was W. E. B. DuBois helping her with birth control activism? DuBois isn't just some guy either, this is the guy that wrote The Souls of Black Folk and co-founded the NAACP. If there was some underlying theme to exterminate blacks in America, surely someone as intelligent and accomplished as DuBois would have recognized it and opposed it.

Here is another interesting article:

http://prospect.org/article/demograp...what-you-think

This article basically details that roughly 70% of all women that get abortions are at or below the poverty line and a majority of them are women of color. However, the statistics from this article were taken before the ACA was enacted, which provides all women free access to birth control and other contraceptives. I'd be interested to see how those statistics have changed since the ACA has been around now for going on 7 years. I think there could be some correlations drawn between poverty statistics, access to contraception, education, and abortion.

It is an interesting debate nonetheless and I can see why Ben Watson and others feel the way they do about PPH.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I mean, I guess one could interpret Margaret Sanger's activism in a number of ways, but there are a number of fact-checking outlets that have debunked any kind of underlying sinister motivation for Sanger and Planned Parenthood.

This is just one:

I have a lot of admiration and respect for Ben Watson and men of his caliber. He's incredibly intelligent and active in every community he lives. I dont know that I fully agree with him here though. I think a lot of what he is saying is based in his Christian ideology, which by and large go against PPH's mission. I also think he is falling into conspiracies that don't seem to have a lot of basis in reality.

If Sanger was such an evil person, why was W. E. B. DuBois helping her with birth control activism? DuBois isn't just some guy either, this is the guy that wrote The Souls of Black Folk and co-founded the NAACP. If there was some underlying theme to exterminate blacks in America, surely someone as intelligent and accomplished as DuBois would have recognized it and opposed it.

This article basically details that roughly 70% of all women that get abortions are at or below the poverty line and a majority of them are women of color. However, the statistics from this article were taken before the ACA was enacted, which provides all women free access to birth control and other contraceptives. I'd be interested to see how those statistics have changed since the ACA has been around now for going on 7 years. I think there could be some correlations drawn between poverty statistics, access to contraception, education, and abortion.

It is an interesting debate nonetheless and I can see why Ben Watson and others feel the way they do about PPH.
    :word
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

This is just one:

The woman was evil, even by democrat standards. Leaving aside the issue of racism, what decent person would say, "The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it." Margaret Sanger, Women and the New Race (Eugenics Publ. Co., 1920, 1923)
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    The woman was evil, even by democrat standards. Leaving aside the issue of racism, what decent person would say, "The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it." Margaret Sanger, Women and the New Race (Eugenics Publ. Co., 1920, 1923)
    Just curious, but what was the context?

*nevermind. I found it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 08-12-2016 at 09:43 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Damn I think I just saw some pigs fly by my window. You and I actually agree on something.

This is just one:

No, just no. Margaret Sanger was a vile, eugenicist. Her main goal was to produce a "a cleaner race".

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Damn I think I just saw some pigs fly by my window. You and I actually agree on something.
    You know the end times is coming when we agree with Darb. Oh and by the way Sanger was an evil eugenicist. Web Dubois was a sell out so I don't ride with him either. I'm so glad Watson sees the entire picture

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    No, just no. Margaret Sanger was a vile, eugenicist. Her main goal was to produce a "a cleaner race".
    Some quotes from Sanger:

http://www.iamforsure.com/articles/l...gerQuotes.html

"[Slavs, Latin, and Hebrew immigrants are] human weeds ... a deadweight of human waste ... [Blacks, soldiers, and Jews are a] menace to the race." "Eugenic sterilization is an urgent need ... We must prevent
    Multiplication of this bad stock." -- Margaret Sanger, April 1933 Birth Control Review
    That's a pretty terrible perspective. I guess I didn't know a lot about Sanger and the origins of PPH.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    You know the end times is coming when we agree with Darb. Oh and by the way Sanger was an evil eugenicist. Web Dubois was a sell out so I don't ride with him either. I'm so glad Watson sees the entire picture
    I respect the way you feel, but can you tell me why is it that any time a black man or woman is successful, they're almost always viewed as a sell out or an "Uncle Tom"?