Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

THANK GOD things have gotten shaken up!

Maybe Fassell WAS responsible for the horrid offense.

I'm somewhat shocked to learn how many players were discontent with Fassell running the offense. It's surprising to learn that HE could have been responsible for dissent in the locker room and the inexcusible play-calling. I'm glad Billick realized (like many of us) that a drastic change had to take place. I was beginning to go insane because I it seemed that this team is making the same mistakes; but I was wrong. Billick saw it and the players saw it. Thank God.

Even IF Fassell wasn't solely running the offense, a power struggle between two men trying to do two different things can definitely make things unproductive. Hopefully with Billick having SOLE responsibility in the play-calling, we'll see if he can get things under-way. And if he doesn't, he'll take the responsibility and be fired at seasons end.

It seems the firing/resigning of Fassell will make the players happier and the coaches more comfortable. Maybe this will be a breath of fresh air.

I know I'm being a bit optimistic, but this is something that seemingly needed to happen. A drastic change. Well, we got one. I think the offense will improve. Put me down for that. I don't think it can actually get any worse. Billick is an intelligent guy and MAYBE he can make this a mediocre offense, because that's all we need. Our defense will take care of the rest 9 out of 10 times.

Thoughts?

Re: THANK GOD things have gotten shaken up!

If you care to believe PFT, as was posted on the Insiders site, you can include Neuheisel in the mix. Apparently, he was a source of contention ~ as I say consider the source.

Thoughts?
    Fisrt the scapegoat is Cavanaugh, now Fassel? Bullshit.

:T2:

Well, it seems our running game disappeared when Fassel arrived. At least with Cavanaugh, we had a running game. Also, Cavanaugh did not have Clayton, Mason, and Demetrius at WR, nor McNair at QB.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

:T2:
    First off Billick never made Cavs the scapegoat, that was a Biscuit decision.

How can anyone accurately predict how Chester would do until he is thrown out there for a few series? Any of these theories ring a bell?

"Chester Taylor will never be a full time back in this league"

"Pashos sucks, cut him"

"Rabach is no better than Flynn"

"Adalius Thomas, strictly a second stringer"
    Last edited by Art-Florida; 10-18-2006 at 09:49 PM.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

This move is going to go a long way to restore chemistry on our team. As far as bad play-calling, I don't know how much change we will see. But everyone in the locker room knows Fassel was Billick's good friend. By firing him, he made a stand for his players. All these guys have been extra committed this year to sticking together and playing for each other. We've seen it from everyone, most notably 52. And when the team is believing in itself, and carrying a never-say-die attitude, they can be very dangerous.

I hope it all works out. Cuz we are outta outs. If the offense still sucks, and players are now getting mad at Billick, where do we turn then. We could end up the first team start 4-0 and end 4-12. Doom and gloom? Ill put that outta mind till we see what happens.

If Billick wants to really shake things up, then lets make another daring move. Let's put Chester in at RG, switch Brown to center, and put Terry in at LG. This move, in my opinion, would significantly upgrade the OL.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    If Billick wants to really shake things up, then lets make another daring move. Let's put Chester in at RG, switch Brown to center, and put Terry in at LG. This move, in my opinion, would significantly upgrade the OL.
    As good a plan as I have heard in a LONG time. From your lips tp BB's ear.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

I'm not making Fassel out to be the scapegoat. I think that MAYBE the unproductive offense(s) under Billick have been the result of not one guy being solely responsible for the offense. That could have also been the same case with Cavanaugh. Billick may have been disruptive to the OC's, thus NO ONE has ever REALLY had significant control over the offense. I'm not suggesting it's solely Fassel's fault. It's Billick's fault, too. But MAYBE, just MAYBE, with Billick having SOLE control, there won't be so much controversy between the coaches. Maybe it'll be a little bit less of a cluster-fuck.

He understands that his job is in jeopardy. Maybe he'll make the changes, take responsbility, and improve this thing on his OWN. If he doesn't, he's outta here, and we can move the fuck on. Brian understands that.

I'm just glad there was a change. 99% of us realized a significant change needed to be made. It's reassuring to know that we, the fans, aren't the only ones seeing this shit. The players and Billick seemed to have aknowledged it.

Just trying to be a little optimistic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LBoogy View Post
    I'm not making Fassel out to be the scapegoat. I think that MAYBE the unproductive offense(s) under Billick have been the result of not one guy being solely responsible for the offense. That could have also been the same case with Cavanaugh. Billick may have been disruptive to the OC's, thus NO ONE has ever REALLY had significant control over the offense. I'm not suggesting it's solely Fassel's fault. It's Billick's fault, too. But MAYBE, just MAYBE, with Billick having SOLE control, there won't be so much controversy between the coaches. Maybe it'll be a little bit less of a cluster-fuck.

He understands that his job is in jeopardy. Maybe he'll make the changes, take responsbility, and improve this thing on his OWN. If he doesn't, he's outta here, and we can move the fuck on. Brian understands that.

I'm just glad there was a change. 99% of us realized a significant change needed to be made. It's reassuring to know that we, the fans, aren't the only ones seeing this shit. The players and Billick seemed to have aknowledged it.

Just trying to be a little optimistic.

Billick hasn't called the plays himself for a long time. As you said, he understands that he is putting his job on the line by doing this, but if he didn't do it, his job would've been on the line anyway. At least now he has control, for better or worse.

Billick won't be the only HC that calls his own plays. See Andy Reid and Bill Parcells. Also, Gary Kubiak in Houston. Brad Childress also calls his own offensive plays.