Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 19

Thread: 2008 Ravens

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    2008 Ravens



    What position player should the Ravens draft for next year ? Do you think the Ravens should do as they have done in the past best player available or target certain positions ?




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,836

    Re: 2008 Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenLisa View Post
    What position player should the Ravens draft for next year ? Do you think the Ravens should do as they have done in the past best player available or target certain positions ?
    A little early to be talking positions since we dont know what order we will pick. I have always agreed with the philosophy of drafting the best player available in the first round no matter what the team needs are.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. #3

    Re: 2008 Ravens

    I think BPA makes sense, except when you're talking about QB. When you need a QB, throw everything out the window and the get the guy you want or need.

    All QBs are drafted too early because QB is the most important position without question in today's NFL.

    However, if the Ravens have a choice between Chris Long and Andre Woodson, I'd NOT want to be Ozzie....

    EDIT: FYI with the way records may work out...Ravens could be between 8 and 14...with the Falcons, Dolphins, Vikings, and Bears all picking before the Ravens. Good luck with a QB then.

    Optimistic part is then you've got a shot at Malcolm Jenkins or Chris Long potentially (if you're #8)
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 11-15-2007 at 10:29 AM.




  4. #4

    Wink Re: 2008 Ravens

    BPA between DE and CB.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Owings Mills
    Posts
    1,650

    Re: 2008 Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    I think BPA makes sense, except when you're talking about QB. When you need a QB, throw everything out the window and the get the guy you want or need.

    All QBs are drafted too early because QB is the most important position without question in today's NFL.

    However, if the Ravens have a choice between Chris Long and Andre Woodson, I'd NOT want to be Ozzie....

    EDIT: FYI with the way records may work out...Ravens could be between 8 and 14...with the Falcons, Dolphins, Vikings, and Bears all picking before the Ravens. Good luck with a QB then.

    Optimistic part is then you've got a shot at Malcolm Jenkins or Chris Long potentially (if you're #8)

    I disagree a little. This year is one of the most QB packed drafts in years. Even at 14 we would have some good options at QB if that is the way they want to go. I still it is to early to decide which way we will go, but i always think you should draft bpa.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

    Section 126, Row 33




    Lets Go Flacco




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,836

    Re: 2008 Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    I disagree a little. This year is one of the most QB packed drafts in years. Even at 14 we would have some good options at QB if that is the way they want to go. I still it is to early to decide which way we will go, but i always think you should draft bpa.
    Maybe my brain is littered with Grand Marnier resin, but I think it would be very unusual for a team to go back-to-back drafts picking up a QB. Granted, we got Smith late and anything can happen between now and February, but if Smith is filling a valuable role by then, I cant see the Ravens picking up another QB .....

    ... Unless we totally lay a steaming pile the rest of the season and finish 4-12
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #7

    Re: 2008 Ravens

    Speaking of drafts..... Will the Gods ALWAYS shine on the Billicheat Patsies?. You know they lost THEIR 1st rounder in the Spygate debacle....... BUT they still have San Fran's #1..... which, it appears, will be VERY high!!!




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,943
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2008 Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    Speaking of drafts..... Will the Gods ALWAYS shine on the Billicheat Patsies?. You know they lost THEIR 1st rounder in the Spygate debacle....... BUT they still have San Fran's #1..... which, it appears, will be VERY high!!!
    I thought even though its their 1st round pick, they use it at the end, not where the team they received it from finishes?




  9. #9

    Re: 2008 Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    I disagree a little. This year is one of the most QB packed drafts in years. Even at 14 we would have some good options at QB if that is the way they want to go. I still it is to early to decide which way we will go, but i always think you should draft bpa.
    I guess my thinking is that at 14, Woodson, Brohm, and Ryan should be gone simply based on the needs of teams likely to be worse than 14...Bears, Dolphins, Vikings, Falcons....hell, maybe even the Panthers in there if they get scared about Delhomme.

    I'm not sure there is anyone else worth taking around that slot in the draft at the moment...maybe bowl season and the combine might change my mind.

    My point about QBs is that they're ALWAYS going to be overvalued or a reach because a QB can make a bad or mediocre team decent to great.

    Lots of time, we'll see what happens. For all I know, Boller could suddenly play like Tom Brady and the Ravens win the Super Bowl from the wildcard slot out of nowhere.




  10. #10

    Re: 2008 Ravens

    As of now I'd have to say CB but as we all know, things can change.

    PP




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Solomons Island, MD
    Posts
    371

    Re: 2008 Ravens

    It's an absolute no brainer, if the Ravens have a chance to get one of the 3 top QBs, they will take them.

    At some point we will have to sacrifice on the defense to improve the team as a whole, Ozzie said this some time back. The D without Pryce and Rolle for most of the year, as well as without McAlister for the past few games, with a hobbled Reed and Suggs, has still performed at a high level, the exception being the Steeler game. So we get another CB or a DE, yeah, the defense will stay pretty good, but that doesn't mean a damn thing if the offense continues to play as it has, and without a long term solution at QB (I don't think Boller is the answer) we still aren't going to go anywhere.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,943
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2008 Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6 View Post
    It's an absolute no brainer, if the Ravens have a chance to get one of the 3 top QBs, they will take them.

    At some point we will have to sacrifice on the defense to improve the team as a whole, Ozzie said this some time back. The D without Pryce and Rolle for most of the year, as well as without McAlister for the past few games, with a hobbled Reed and Suggs, has still performed at a high level, the exception being the Steeler game. So we get another CB or a DE, yeah, the defense will stay pretty good, but that doesn't mean a damn thing if the offense continues to play as it has, and without a long term solution at QB (I don't think Boller is the answer) we still aren't going to go anywhere.
    Good post......I think even if the Top 3 QB's (whoever they are to the Ravens) are gone, you're still gonna see them get one.....




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland