Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: FASSEL: "Brian was very good about this."

New England did fine with Belichik calling his own plays for a while

Would expect to see Neuheisel pick up more of the background work -- it was what was expected initially when he was hired

Good article. It sounds like getting rid of Fassel had to be done. It might not improve much but I'm excited to see what Billick can do with his offense.

This move is positive for several reasons.

1. There is no question as to who is calling the plays on offense.

2. Mason and Jamal obviously were voicing their disenchantment with Fassel and something was done about it.

3. You don't get passionate as Jamal, JO, and Mason have gotten if you don't believe that you have the talent to be a very good offense, yet the "confusing" system is holding things back.

4. According to John Feinstein this afternoon, the players really love Billick and love playing for him. Now, the offensive players will have greater access to Billick.

5. The players may finally feel that Billick is listening to them and taking their concerns seriously.

Bottomline is that this is Billick's ass. Anything short of the playoffs (regardless of record) will result in Billick losing his job.

By the way, the problem is not the system, in my opinion. The problem is execution of the plays and the OL. You can't execute any plays if you are given time to pass or holes to run through.

Ask Edgerin James in Arizona. Ask Clinton Portis. Hell, ask Cadillac Williams. Ask the Steelers and the Chiefs.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

6. 1 out of 10 plays should go deep. I'm paraphrasing Billick from back in '99.

Brian had to make this change. Fassel did nothing to change our offense. Although he is a very nice guy Brian's job is on the line also this year. During the break was the best time to do this. There were too many players bitching that said something right there. Let's all hope that this gets our team scoring again. This might also get Jamal running again which we do need to be successful.

This will get ugly if the offense dosent improve
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

I don't care who was "really good about this." The bottom line is the offense is unproductive and will result in many future losses if point production isn't increased.

I have always held the believe that friends and relatives should not work with or for friends and relatives. It never works out, and I have seen it personally many times over.

Quote Originally Posted by braven98 View Post
    Yup!! Sure the hell will
    Tired of the players whining
    They've gotten what they wanted, it seems
    Now SHUT THE FUCK UP and produce RESULTS!!
    :hammer:

Relax. Our offense only has to produce 17-21 points per game for us to win games... Chalk 9 of those points up to Stover automatically...

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Relax. Our offense only has to produce 17-21 points per game for us to win games... Chalk 9 of those points up to Stover automatically...
    We scored 21 last Sunday and lost. The defense needs to hold up too. They didn't last week as the secondary was burned repeatedly, we got no pressure on Delhomme and couldn't get off the field on third down.

11. Re: FASSEL: "Brian was very good about this."

Quote Originally Posted by braven98 View Post
    I really think this opinion should be kept until the end of the year.

I heard someone say on Point After today that Carolina couldn't figure out why nobody was covering Steve Smith.. Ouch!!