Patriots MNF Road Game in Dec

Just bought my ticket for this - in the upper tier on the cheap seats. Is anyone planning on making this trip? I'd be quite keen to contribute to a Ravens tailgate!

Also, if anyone has any recommendations on what to see in Boston - they would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Patriots MNF Road Game in Dec

Been to Beantown dozens of time on business or for pleasure or Ravens road trips. Great place to visit -- except for the rude Yankees.:grbac:

Places to see in downtown Beantown:

• Faneuil Hall & Quincy Market[/URL]
    • Little Italy
    • Chinatown
    • Harvard
    • Bunker Hill
    • Beacon Hill
    • Boston Common
    • Old North Church
    • Old Ironsides (US Constitution) (note: may still be in drydock) & Boston Tea Party ships

How to get around - do not rent a car unless visiting suburbs:

Nearby small towns if you have day or two:
    • Lexington
    • Concord
    • Plymouth
    • Quincy
    • Gloucester
    • Martha's Vineyard
    • Nantucket Island
    Last edited by Mista T; 07-31-2016 at 06:54 AM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

I stay out of Boston for the most part, due to other drivers, (Boston is first by a mile in ins. industry metrics for accidents per driver per year of all US cities, and the roads make it worse because none are parallel and perpendicular; miss a turn and there's no taking a next one and you will end up in another town! To their credit, the T as its called is great, safe , goes everywhere and everyone uses it. Walking is an option too as the city is really quite small, but very, very safe and you won't be looking over your shoulder.

Faneuil Hall is worth seeing, but South Boston is more for locals, has a nice beach, and you can rent kayaks there as well as the Charles River. In South Boston there's my favorite local restaurant on the peer called "no names" that gets its seafood straight on the ships, I like it but don't look for Baltimore style spicy foods.

And The People's Republic of Cambridge is right across the river and always worth a visit to see what it would look like it the circus train tipped over!!!!

If staying a while, Wester MA it great The Berkshires, mountains, and lakes. Well worth the visit. Oh, and in my hometown of Monson no less, there's a brewery that's become #1 in NE and becoming in the the country; Tree House Brewery. Wicked, get that!!!! They only have limited quantities on Wed and Thursday's!!!
    Last edited by DonNMass; 07-31-2016 at 12:50 PM.

Thanks for all the tips - I'll be sure to check some of those out. I'm aiming to be in Boston for 3 days, but haven't booked any travel or acom yet. So pretty flexible. Got my tickets for the game though! So I've committed. Is NE relatively save for a road fan, or should I watch my back at the game?

Quote Originally Posted by tomrose9 View Post
    Is NE relatively save for a road fan, or should I watch my back at the game?
    They can get a little chippy. Be prepared to hear "Ray Lewis is a MER-DU-RAH!" about a hundred times.

Don't be a jerk and you should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    They can get a little chippy. Be prepared to hear "Ray Lewis is a MER-DU-RAH!" about a hundred times.

Don't be a jerk and you should be ok.
    Hoping I can use my Scottish accent to talk myself out of trouble!

7. Re: Patriots MNF Road Game in Dec

Greetings all,
    I run Ravens Nation North - an established Ravens group in Boston that takes over a local bar every game day called Causeway Restaurant in Bar. We are officially backed by the Ravens organization, part of new effort the organization started last year with displaced fan clubs around the country. We packed in about 120 fans last week which was pretty epic.

Back to the topic though.... In previous years when the Ravens have come to town, we've worked with BmoreAroundTown (who roadtrips up a couple of busloads of fans). Our group co-hosted a Purple Pep Rally with them for the last 3 playoff visits. It was held the night before the game in Boston with food/drink specials, giveaways, etc. I'm hoping the same happens this year. No information on it yet (it's still pretty early), but I wanted to give you guys the heads up on what typically goes down in Boston when the Ravens are in town. It's a pretty good reason to stay in Boston not to mention the city is a great time with lots to see of course.

Also, there is usually a huge Ravens tailgate in the buses lot. I imagine all of this info will come to light as we get closer to the game. I'll keep this thread posted.

You can check out the Boston group on twitter and instagram too.

Spread the purple word!

Cheers and Go Ravens!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenInBoston View Post
    Greetings all,
    I run Ravens Nation North - an established Ravens group in Boston that takes over a local bar every game day called Causeway Restaurant in Bar. We are officially backed by the Ravens organization, part of new effort the organization started last year with displaced fan clubs around the country. We packed in about 120 fans last week which was pretty epic.

Back to the topic though.... In previous years when the Ravens have come to town, we've worked with BmoreAroundTown (who roadtrips up a couple of busloads of fans). Our group co-hosted a Purple Pep Rally with them for the last 3 playoff visits. It was held the night before the game in Boston with food/drink specials, giveaways, etc. I'm hoping the same happens this year. No information on it yet (it's still pretty early), but I wanted to give you guys the heads up on what typically goes down in Boston when the Ravens are in town. It's a pretty good reason to stay in Boston not to mention the city is a great time with lots to see of course.

Also, there is usually a huge Ravens tailgate in the buses lot. I imagine all of this info will come to light as we get closer to the game. I'll keep this thread posted.

You can check out the Boston group on twitter and instagram too.

Spread the purple word!

Cheers and Go Ravens!
    Sounds awesome!!!! Count me in for the tailgate at least.