Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: How are you preparing for football?

Quote Originally Posted by tomrose9 View Post
    Yeh, I'm really enjoying it so far. At the point just after that MNF loss to KC. I also bit the bullet and bought a ticket for our road game at the Patriots in Dec! They still have cheap singles on there via Ticketmaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are sections of Gillette Stadium that are mezzanine that are cantilevered out, extending from the stadium. (e.g. section 218, 240, etc.) AVOID these sections at all cost. We found out the hard way that the winter wind just blasts those seats for four quarters. I think they were specifically designed to be sold to visiting fans and make them miserable.

Of course, we suffered through it because we had an AFCC victory to keep us warm.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    It's time to get serious and put together our game plans for the coming season. What are you doing? Here's some notes from my locker room white board:

Remind wife I have been putting up for months with the crap TV (Wheel of Fortune, etc) she and her 99 year-old mother have been watching -- now it's my turn.

Locate a reasonably priced bourbon -- W.L. Weller looks and tastes like a good buy here in Houston.

Stock up on micro brewery IPAs. (Two cases in the spare bedroom. Many more to come.)

Planning a day trip up to Georgetown, TX for some of their fine chardonnay.

Stocking up on Cheetos.

Perfecting special recipes -- mastered Guinness stew, fried shrimp, and jaeger schnitzel this week.

Have plenty of .40 cal hollow points -- not even ISIS can stop the NFL.
    Finally coming to a Roost 610 watch party should also be on your list. :)

We have a new home, a crab feast coming up and a bunch of other stuff planned.

Football season means my life gets very, very busy. Being an at home Dad and running the Roost here has become quite the full time endeavor. We had to find a larger bar since we are growing so much, formed into a not for profit, assigned a board of directors, etc. We also had an O's game outing at Minute Maid Park, have a crab feast coming up in a few weeks and planning a party bus trip up to Dallas for that game.

It's also become a ritual in the HR home to watch "The Band That Wouldn't Die" and both "America's Game" that feature our Super Bowl wins. That will most likely be this weekend sometime. The smoker and grill both get a top to bottom cleaning in preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    There are sections of Gillette Stadium that are mezzanine that are cantilevered out, extending from the stadium. (e.g. section 218, 240, etc.) AVOID these sections at all cost. We found out the hard way that the winter wind just blasts those seats for four quarters. I think they were specifically designed to be sold to visiting fans and make them miserable.

Of course, we suffered through it because we had an AFCC victory to keep us warm.
    Good tip to know, I just went for the cheap seats in the upper tier (300 sections). Will make sure I wrap up warm regardless! Expecting it to be a cold one regardless on where I sit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta call my best friend back in Baltimore and tell him to make sure the Slingbox I bought and have hooked up at his house works, so I can watch games at home (including preasesaon). I can't pay DTV $350 on top of my already skyhigh cable bill.

Look at the schedule and tentatively predetermine which games I'm going to watch at the Ravens bar here in ATL and which I'll stay home for.

I'm big on apparel, especially hats. I think I have about 25 Ravens hats (snapbacks and fitted), maybe 5 or more O's. Just ordered 3 new Ravens hats, have 2 on the way, and a new jacket.

Reinstalled Radio.com on both phones to listen to 105.7 for camp updates and discussion. Although I PRAY TO GOD that station management gets their head out of their ass and finds some new morning hosts.
    "The Ravens could employ a war criminal and they would treat him like a f**king prince just because the rest of the world disapproved."

- Make 5,000 Fight Song Cards to hand out to the fans before the games to fire their asses up so they are fully freakin prepared and ready at the appropriate time hon!

- Drink a few beers

- Practice letters in full length mirror at Bar. Stretch out in tailgate lot before games.

- Put on a few pounds if necessary to achieve appropriate Baltimorean studliness when half nekkid

- Buy 360 cheap Christmas Cards to spread the luv to all the TERRIFIC fans I know in the 6 sections near me

- Study up on all the players in the media guide

- Make a new sign on day glo colored poster board

- Talk with all the good folks in my section cuz I love every last one of 'em

- Drink a few more beers

- Learn a couple new dance moves

- Continue to teach, practice and promote Baltimore Football traditions and general enthusiasm for Our Team until Our House once again retakes it's rightful place as The World's Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum!!!

GO RAVENS!!!

Baltimore Ravens Lets go
    And put that ball across the line
    So fly on with talons spread wide
    Go in and strike with Ravens pride

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
    Ravens dark wings take to flight
    Dive in and show them your might
    For Baltimore and Maryland
    You will fly on to victory!
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

I'm preparing by trying to enjoy summer as much as possible. Spending time outside, on the water especially. I'm getting to the age where I want to savor every summer now. Autumn and football season will arrive soon enough.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I'm preparing by trying to enjoy summer as much as possible. Spending time outside, on the water especially. I'm getting to the age where I want to savor every summer now. Autumn and football season will arrive soon enough.
    I'm with you, bro. Remember that you are not dead as long as someone remembers you, so spend time with friends, loved ones, grandchildren et al.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Stock up on anti-depressants and buy a black market pacemaker for when Dean Pees lets off the defensive pressure on a 3 point lead with 13:30 to go in the first and blows it on an off coverage soft zone with a 3 point lead and them on our 45 on a 3rd and 2....ahhh it will be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Will also need proper meds if Bengals manage to reach playoffs.
    They've been reaching the playoffs just fine, Cincy. That's when their troubles start. We've got to start treating Bengals' games as the playoffs.

As for meds, already stockpiling homemade "canni-butter"

11. Re: How are you preparing for football?

Got my JD and Nachos just some chilli beef on game night and the wide will be up in bed so we are good to go hah

Blog Entries

I see a highly respected cardiologist a week before the regular season opener to see if my heart can take it. Doc says, "If you're a Browns fan then I suggest spending the Fall and Winter in Antarctica because they can't get reception of any kind." "I'm a Ravens fan, Doc." "OK, then go enjoy, but call me if they don't make the playoffs like last year." Sage advice... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 08-05-2016 at 11:38 PM. Reason: schpeling