Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jamal

Lost in all worries about our team, is that Jamal Lewis will be playing at M & T Bank Stadium Sunday. What does everyone think the reaction will be, cheer, boo, mixed. Maybe Romeo will have their starting Offense announced. SUCKS

Re: Jamal

We have bigger problems right now than Jamal.

I would cheer for him if I was there for introductions, despite his big mouth after he left.

The guy sacrificed his fragile body for us while he was here and left us with some great memories.

Why the hell would I cheer for him?

The organization gave him as much as it got. He wasn't a community guy, on the contrary he was a whiner the second he was unhappy. Complained when he was here, complained after he left. Now he comes to town in some other uniform?

Cheer him? I think not.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I wouldn't cheer him or boo him. I don't think he deserves either. If he had left on better terms, I'd think cheering would be more appropriate, but he did act selfishly at times at the end.

Screw that... "Community guy" or not, I'd cheer him for the milestones he acheived on the football field. Years from now his single-season rushing record of 2,000+ yards will remain in the Ravens record book, not to mention his single-game record and virtually every other rushing mark he established for this team. I'll leave all that other emotional off-the-field stuff for women and small children.

As great as our defense was in 2000, I don't think we win the Super Bowl without him. Last year was evidence of that, I believe. No need to boo him.

I was listening to the JO show tonight and C-mac was filling in for ogden. He got Jamal to call in, and it was actually the nicest I've ever heard the guy be. He said it would be a huge accomplishment to get 80 yards against the Ravens. He also said he hopes everyone doesn't yell SUCKS if they introduce the offense. I'm far from a Jamal fan, but the guy was alright tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I was listening to the JO show tonight and C-mac was filling in for ogden. He got Jamal to call in, and it was actually the nicest I've ever heard the guy be. He said it would be a huge accomplishment to get 80 yards against the Ravens. He also said he hopes everyone doesn't yell SUCKS if they introduce the offense. I'm far from a Jamal fan, but the guy was alright tonight.
    I was actually in the car with my wife right at 7 when that show came on. I don't bother listening to those shows in general and when Anita Marks is involved I stay far away.

But I risked it and turned it on. Sure enough, I listened for about 5 minutes and heard nothing but fluff and zero football talk.

I know Cmac and Jamal were tight. Cmac bought that insane truck because Jamal got him into it.

Anyway, back to the show. I dunno who's ear she has but my god she's got some pull somewhere. Not only does she have her regular show, but they have her host all these player shows.

My buddy went down to wherever the McGahee show broadcasts from. He said he was embarrassed for the both of them.

Back to the subject.

I'll cheer for Jamal. I've got no problems with the guy. Every player tries to endear themselves to a new city. And that's especially true when you go from Baltimore to Cleveland.

Half the stuff about him was blown completely out of proportion.

And really, I choose to remember the days when he was our only offensive weapon and he still had alot of success. That September day back in 2003 was one of the best sporting events I've ever been too. The whole season was great.

And I also agree that he was a integral part of the Super Bowl run.

Im not gonna scream like I do for our players, but if he's announced, I'll definitely clap for him.

PP

Blog Entries

I think it is Jamal's 100th career game.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

I will cheer if he is introduced, for mainly 1 reason.... The dirt-pie he gave to Porter! ... Then I'll cheer every time we stuff him behind the line of Scrimmage!:hammer: :hammer:

I love the guy still, and cheer for him every week ... except when comes to see about us!

PP, I definitley agree with you about Anita Marks. Whenever I eat lunch or dinner on the road I like to listen to talk radio. That usually means Norris at lunch, and unfortunately, her around dinner time. 1570 needs a few more hamsters to run that signal out there.