Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Frustrated Tucker vows not to re-sign if no agreement

I just smile and nod nowadays when Schefter "reports" something. He's become a total sellout since joining the four-lettered network.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    I just smile and nod nowadays when Schefter "reports" something. He's become a total sellout since joining the four-lettered network.
    This! He is getting paid over 4 million this year and if they franchise him again next year it goes to over 5 million I think but the agent is saying they only offered him 4 years 16.1 million. Sounds like bullshit to me, cause I can really see Ozzie and the Biscuit saying to Tucker hey take a paycut this year and next year to sign with us. Posturing by the idiot agent who really hasn't thought about what he says. And then of course the mouth at ESPN runs with it. When I see Tucker say it I will believe it.

Blog Entries

He can be tagged a second time (at 20% increase)

How long is it? A franchise tag lasts one year, although players can be tagged up to three straight years. The first number is set by position (see: below), the second is 120 percent of the previous tag and the third time you get “quarterback money.” Three’s the limit per the new CBA, however.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a-...s-getting-one/

To tag him a 3rd time jumps the ante to $20 million range

Even if he says he is not signing in 2017, he can still be tagged without breaking the bank .... hoping it is just shaking the tree to see how many more apples he can get to fall, but we will know real soon.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

It's his agent throwing out ultimatums a day before the deadline. His agent is the one who wants that commission, I can relate ;-)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Just football business as usual. Stay tune, more to come, LOL.

They lost me at "Tucker's agent said"
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

If this is in fact true, would this be the first time in history that a kicker is giving an ultimatum? I mean we are talking about a kicker, man, a kicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Tucker needs to remind his agent who the boss is

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    If this is in fact true, would this be the first time in history that a kicker is giving an ultimatum? I mean we are talking about a kicker, man, a kicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A kicker who is the reason why Flacco got injured last year. If he makes his first chance at a game-winning kick against the Rams then Joe never sees the field again and isn't injured.
    I don't really identify as a musician, the label makes me feel uncomfortable. I'm more of a mentally insane person who just happens to play instruments.

To see a small portion of my original music,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoRotmWWnIQ

I call my genre metaphorical alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by EggnogManiac View Post
    A kicker who is the reason why Flacco got injured last year. If he makes his first chance at a game-winning kick against the Rams then Joe never sees the field again and isn't injured.
    You have quite the belief of what cause and effect is
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

This sounds like a agent-driven agenda, but I have to admit that I would be disappointed in Ozzie if he offered Tucker less than what Crosby is getting. You can point to some of his missed 50 yarders all you want, but that only brings him slightly down from the stratosphere he was really on for a few years. That clutch kick at Mile High. That 61 yarder in Detroit when the season was still hanging in the balance. Despite those misses last year, he's still one of the best in history. That's how good he's been. Just pay him as the best and be done with it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Could be a football move on the Ravens part. Ravens current position is that they have Tuck in a prove it year. If he proves it, it's a win for the Ravens - I mean a win in the tangible-football-victory sense. If he departs then the Ravens have to find another UFA next year. Tuck leaves happy, Harbaugh probably feels he can spin out another decent kicker. I'm not gonna get emotional about Tuck. He needed to make some of those long I is last year, but those were largely a failure.