Page 1 of 70 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 839
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    24,510
    Blog Entries
    1

    OT: Old Ray Lewis Video



    In an attempt to save the 'Around the League News' thread, I will place the topic of Ray Lewis' old video about BLM here, so that the discussion can continue. We thought it was dead for a minute, but then some new chimers came through and I'm sure they have more to say. If it is moved, I, The Excellector, Precious Light Magic Sword of the Great King Austin Lyle Forrester, shall put up no argument.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  2. #2

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Ray's point, albeit made in a sanctimonious manner, is that where were all of these major marches and drones of people for the organizations that Justlovemybirds mentions? Where are the cellphone videos for the black on black crimes and the outrage over it, when we have 400 people a year dying in this city, yet have more protest in this city for cop killings in other city of just one or two victims. Yes, people can be involved with more than one cause, but the disparity between the two is astronomical and that's not going to get it done. You'll see 20 people marching about black on black crime here, that takes hundreds of lives in a single city, but you'll see hundreds marching for police brutality of the racial variety that takes less than a dozen in the same city, or another city out of state. Unfortunately, Ray doesn't come with a translator.
    The function of protest and cellphone video is to bring awareness to the issue and let folks know we're not making this up.

    Judging by the propensity of people to answer "Black Lives Matter" with "But what about Black on Black Crime?" bringing awareness to crime in our community isn't much of an issue.

    Hell the term "Black on Black" crime has been in the lexicon since the 70's

    http://www.citylab.com/crime/2015/06...#disqus_thread.

    You know who else was met with the "What about Black on Black crime?" Martin Luther King:

    http://fusion.net/story/184032/black...ing-hate-mail/

    “What about the violence by blacks in these cities?
    “You don’t point out any FAULTS at all of your own people, just the whites.”
    Think about that, mf'ers constantly tell the protesters to act like King or that MLK wouldn't be marching and yet during the Civil Rights era they asked Martin....... Luther........King what about "Black on Black crime?"

    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk


    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    24,510
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    I think there is a very unique difference in this case. During King's time, he protested a much larger and more important issue to the survival and evolution of the black community. Now, black on black crime is that issue. It's out of control. Yes, they are well within their right to protest, but to ultimately achieve their goal, they lack vision and leadership. From there, you have to look at their leadership, their funding. It's misguided. It's defeating one enemy while the rest rob the bank of all the money.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  4. #4

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    So black on black was mentioned in the 60's. Goes to show not much progress has been made to find a solution for it. Actually it has got worse these last several years.
    As for proof , police are bad guys. Hell, Rodney King got a big payday from him being filmed while bad cops . The legal system has paid out big bucks for the atrocities that have happened to people manhandled by the police. Cities and towns know this all to well. Bad cops are expensive. Funny thing about bad cops is, black cops and white cops are involved.

    The BLM has a object in mind, to make the police departments stop searching, arresting and profiling black people. While it's a task, how does that happen when the cities are mostly black? When folks like Freddie gray have a rap sheet and is well know for what he did for a living. Do the police give him a "get out of jail free card".

    If the BLM wants to be recognized as helping the USA get better, the whole picture needs to be looked at . Not just some bad cops who will get what they deserve if the legal system finds them guilty. Shooting police is now happening. Innocent police just doing their jobs. Oh the irony in that, because the BLM want innocent people to not have to deal with the police. But they want the police to solve the crimes and make the streets safer, LOL.

    Can't really discuss this much more. Just a constant circle going on with people who think they can make a difference, but actually incite the radicals to come out of the woodwork.

    Glad I'm not living in the city. Let them do what they want to each other, that's what is happening anyway. Remember when the rappers were killing one another. It was just the beginning. It sure has escalated big time.





  5. #5

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think there is a very unique difference in this case. During King's time, he protested a much larger and more important issue to the survival and evolution of the black community.
    There's no need to measure the different issues against each other to determine which one is more important than the other. The BLM protestors are no less justified to protest than Civil Rights protestors. Lives are being stuffed out, that's what should matter.

    As far as issues important to the survival of Black folks, police brutality is but a symptom of the problem of Mass Incarceration as a whole. If you haven't I'd suggest reading "The New Jim Crow" as a primer or Ta-Nehisi Coates' "The Black Family in the Age of Mass Incarceration".

    http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...ration/403246/

    . Now, black on black crime is that issue. It's out of control. Yes, they are well within their right to protest, but to ultimately achieve their goal, they lack vision and leadership. From there, you have to look at their leadership, their funding. It's misguided. It's defeating one enemy while the rest rob the bank of all the money.
    Violent crime, while still a problem, is down across the board nationally and intra-racial murder rates are similar across race. Meaning white kill other white people, black people kill other people at a similar rate and yet you never hear "what about white on white crime?"

    As far as vision, BLM knows exactly what they want and it's been detailed

    http://www.joincampaignzero.org/#vision

    They've talked to a sitting President, to potential Presidents met with community leaders and ran for political office. The idea that all they've done is protest and scream (nothing wrong with that) is just false.





    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk





  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    29,190
    Blog Entries
    1

    OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    My first post in the politics forum. I'm Lilly white, but I've been on this issue for a while. Blacks are incarcerated at a much higher rate than whites and there are thousands in jail for non violent drug charges. There is a bias IMO. When I see two cops sitting on a guy and then shoot him, or pull over a guy for a tail light and he never makes it home, that is wrong. Twice where I live recently, two unarmed men were killed when they could've been tased or taken down in other ways; there was no reason to shoot them.

    It's a dual problem IMO, the profiling and training officers so they're not so quick to shoot.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,175

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    With all due respect, there's a lot more to both of the incidents you mentioned Cops are scared and with very good reason.: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...ice-encounter/

    Also there was a pic of the gun on lap in MN. shooting. Let's just let these things play out before we say or do things we'll regret.
    I want a Flacco jersey! Johnny Bench wore #5





  8. #8

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    With all due respect, there's a lot more to both of the incidents you mentioned Cops are scared and with very good reason.: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...ice-encounter/

    Also there was a pic of the gun on lap in MN. shooting. Let's just let these things play out before we say or do things we'll regret.
    And with all due respect his previous arrest and it's circumstances had little to do with the one that led to his death. None of the information that has come out has suggested that the officers took into account his actions seven years ago when arresting him. Also, the store owner saw the whole thing and said he didn't reach for his gun.

    As far as the gun being visible, the only place I've seen someone even say that it's possible to see it from the video is this website (https://theconservativetreehouse.com...e-of-shooting/) i.e. a non reputable news source. I'm not even taking that shit seriously.

    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 07-14-2016 at 12:28 AM.





  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    24,510
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Blacks are incarcerated at a higher rate, but an even higher rate of those crimes are against other blacks. Instead of saying, "Damn, it's not fair that he got five years for a petty drug charge", why don't we start figuring out how to stop selling the drugs.

    The foundation of the black community is the household and the education. The foundation is weak. That's the major issue here. They are within their right to protest. They are justified in protesting. However, they've taken the vast majority of their power in fixing a weaker issue, a weaker adversary.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  10. #10

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    The function of protest and cellphone video is to bring awareness to the issue and let folks know we're not making this up.

    Judging by the propensity of people to answer "Black Lives Matter" with "But what about Black on Black Crime?" bringing awareness to crime in our community isn't much of an issue.

    Hell the term "Black on Black" crime has been in the lexicon since the 70's

    http://www.citylab.com/crime/2015/06...#disqus_thread.

    You know who else was met with the "What about Black on Black crime?" Martin Luther King:

    http://fusion.net/story/184032/black...ing-hate-mail/





    Think about that, mf'ers constantly tell the protesters to act like King or that MLK wouldn't be marching and yet during the Civil Rights era they asked Martin....... Luther........King what about "Black on Black crime?"

    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk


    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    You are making this up. Stats prove you are making this up.

    Blacks: 28% of arrests, 123 killed by police. (0.0046% based on number of arrests at 2,640,067)
    Whites: 69% of arrests, 326 killed by police. (0.0050% based on number of arrests at 6,502,919)

    For statistical purposes, that is equal. If you want to get technical, a white person is MORE likely to be shot while interacting with the police.

    I'm just gonna take some of your more... entertaining quotes and put them here because if I point out every error you made we'll be here all night.

    "As far as issues important to the survival of Black folks, police brutality is but a symptom of the problem of Mass Incarceration as a whole." Then somewhere else you were talking about black people being in jail for minor drug offenses.

    Yet you say black on black crime isn't a problem. You see, according to this website https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...decoverviewpdf blacks, who make up 13% of the population, commit more than half the violent crimes. This is why they are killed at a higher percentage (based on population) than whites.

    "Violent crime, while still a problem, is down across the board nationally and intra-racial murder rates are similar across race. Meaning white kill other white people, black people kill other people at a similar rate and yet you never hear "what about white on white crime?"

    Because we're not bitching about it when a violent felon gets killed while attacking police officers? Amazing how that works out. How about instead of crying every time a Darwin Award candidate bites the big one, you focus on actual examples of police brutality. Akai Gurley should not have been shot. The guy who was running away and got shot in the back is another. Yet the BLM movement picks the dumbest fucking examples to martyr. Trevon Martin was killed after he attacked a man carrying a gun. Zimmerman was found innocent due to self-defense. Micheal Brown attacked Officer Wilson in his car, then turned around and started running back towards him to attack again. Yet these are your cause célèbre? That's stupid.

    "As far as issues important to the survival of Black folks, police brutality is but a symptom of the problem of Mass Incarceration as a whole. If you haven't I'd suggest reading "The New Jim Crow" as a primer or Ta-Nehisi Coates' "The Black Family in the Age of Mass Incarceration"."

    Because those are stupid. I've read The New Jim Crow. It's racism for the truly fucking retarded. I had to take African-American Lit way back as an undergrad and made my professor cry when we discussed it. The fact you read it and are basing your arguments on "information" it provides tells me everything I need to know. Which is to say I probably won't be seeing any facts from you. I haven't read Coates work, but since you're suggesting it I'll pass.
    However, you did make me smile. You suggest we read some liberal bullshit, which we've already discussed as being plain damned ignorant, yet you refuse to click on a link someone provided for you because "i.e. a non reputable news source. I'm not even taking that shit seriously". So we should put all the effort into seeing things from your point of view, (hint, I've done the research. I'm right.) yet you refuse to do the same.

    We've already discussed this in another thread. The reason black people have such high crime rates is because of poverty. Fix that and then we'll talk about police brutality.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock





  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    34,414

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Conflating shootings in Baton Rouge with the one in MN is part of the problem IMO.

    Sterling's shooting is going to be deemed justifiable and rightfully so. MN is far more problematic. But when we interchange the two as evidence of an on going issue of "police killing black men", it cheapens an otherwise worthwhile cause and issue.

    You can't say black men are dying at the hands of police and leave the debate hanging on that statement. It completely misses the point, provides zero context into the crux of the problem and ignores justifiable uses of police force.

    The media and many segments of society need to learn use of force, both the practical use of it and the legal definitions and standards that surround it. Relying on video snippets, unreliable and false eyewitness reports ("Hands up, Don't shoot") makes an already emotional situation worse.





  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    9,026

    Re: OT: Old Ray Lewis Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    The function of protest and cellphone video is to bring awareness to the issue and let folks know we're not making this up.
    The whole Black Lives Matter movement is based on a lie. "Hands up, don't shoot" was a complete lie.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland