Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Billick: Boller could possibly start remainder of season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    What he wants is certainly what we all want, but unfortunately it is obvious to most of us veteran NFL fans that Kyle Boller sure isn't good enough to provide it.
    I bet all of you vetrean NFL fans would have been calling for Drew Brees' head as well when you have Phillip Rivers on the bench....Just saying that we haven't seen what Kyle can do over several weeks since McNair has come in. Give the guy these last 7 games. I am not expecting him to light it up but if he isn't costing us games against these great teams coming in at the end of the season then he should remain the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenator View Post
    I bet all of you vetrean NFL fans would have been calling for Drew Brees' head as well when you have Phillip Rivers on the bench....Just saying that we haven't seen what Kyle can do over several weeks since McNair has come in. Give the guy these last 7 games. I am not expecting him to light it up but if he isn't costing us games against these great teams coming in at the end of the season then he should remain the starter.

Dude, you are trying to talk to a brick wall. "Veteran NFL fan" makes me chuckle, coming from someone who has been so factually wrong about football time and time again. Quoting him is just giving him acknowledgement.

REAL NFL FANS tend to understand that the offensive system here in Baltimore hasn't been QB friendly for 9 years. This QB issue isn't specific to Kyle Boller. It's been the same thing over and over and over. We may never get to see what a Kyle Boller could really do until he goes to a team that utilizes the QB correctly.

Now, Billick said that they would tweak the gameplan to take advantage of Boller's arm. Maybe that means more deep balls. Maybe that means more explosiveness. We'll see. But if it's the same old dink and dunk crap, then Boller will fail again. And then Troy Smith will fail. And whoever we draft in '08 will fail.

3. Re: Billick: Boller could possibly start remainder of season.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I'd have to start seeing 2-3 TD's with at most 1 pick a game in order to see a measured improvement. What I'm afraid of is Billick giving the ball to McGahee more and we won't see if he has turned the corner so to speak...

Either way, I see the Ravens looking for a QB in the draft.....
    You are setting the bar way too high if that consistantly is "Measured Improvement". 18 for 30 with 225 yards and 3 td's to 1 int with is a qb rating over 100 (mvp type numbers in any year but this). even 2 td's and 1 int is a 90 rating. There are 7 qb's in the nfl this year (with a decent amount of td's obviously i am not including a backup with 2 td's and 1 int in total) that have a 2 to 1 ratio or better. If he put up those numbers in all 7 games the ravens would no way be looking for a qb in the draft. I think he will do well if Brian lets him throw the ball more than 5 yard at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbird View Post
    You are setting the bar way too high if that consistantly is "Measured Improvement". 18 for 30 with 225 yards and 3 td's to 1 int with is a qb rating over 100 (mvp type numbers in any year but this). even 2 td's and 1 int is a 90 rating. There are 7 qb's in the nfl this year (with a decent amount of td's obviously i am not including a backup with 2 td's and 1 int in total) that have a 2 to 1 ratio or better. If he put up those numbers in all 7 games the ravens would no way be looking for a qb in the draft. I think he will do well if Brian lets him throw the ball more than 5 yard at a time.
    I'll take a step up from what I've seen in spot work so far. His fumbles have been almost nil, keep that up. His decision making HAS gotten better, no matter what the self-proclaimed "veteran" (still makes me laugh) fan wants to try and make you believe. And he does seem calmer in the pocket now than before.

I can deal with 250 yards and a touchdown if we're winning games and he's putting the team in place to win with rushing touchdowns and field goals. Don't forget a QB gets no credit for Willis scoring a TD.

Just show me you can be competitive against New England and Indy. Beat Cleveland and Pittsburgh. DEFINATELY beat Miami. Hell, Indy CAN be beat, especially here at home without Dwight Freeney. I don't expect to beat New England, even if we had Peyton Manning (and Peyton couldn't beat the Patriots with his team anyway).

Lead the team, and the rest will fall into place. Grab the reins, and lead your team.

I just want consistancy.

Of course his decisionmaking has gotten better. It is still inconsistant though.

And Please...PLEASE win a game on the road. Besides some inconsistant moments, this is by far my biggest complaint.

He is pretty good at home...competant and at times can be spectacular. But on the road, he reverts to bad mechanics, is more prone to panic, and inconsistant.

He'll get his chances...At San Diego will be tough, as will Seattle. I'm basically willing to give him a pass against the colts and Pats...I don't really expect us to be in those games no matter who is the QB (I will be VERY pleasantly surprised if we are and Boller leads the way), but it would be nice to see some offense on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I just want consistancy.

Of course his decisionmaking has gotten better. It is still inconsistant though.

And Please...PLEASE win a game on the road. Besides some inconsistant moments, this is by far my biggest complaint.

He is pretty good at home...competant and at times can be spectacular. But on the road, he reverts to bad mechanics, is more prone to panic, and inconsistant.

He'll get his chances...At San Diego will be tough, as will Seattle. I'm basically willing to give him a pass against the colts and Pats...I don't really expect us to be in those games no matter who is the QB (I will be VERY pleasantly surprised if we are and Boller leads the way), but it would be nice to see some offense on the road.

Bingo.

PP

I just want consistancy.

Absoutely agreed. And the Chargers and Seahawks can be beaten at home. I don't see anything special about either team. The Chargers are going to win their division because the AFC West sucks and the Broncos and Chiefs aren't any competition for them. Same with the Seahawks. We've already beaten all three other teams in that division.

Define a pass for Indy and Pats though. I am not expecting him to win either game, but I think Indy can be beaten. But I am expecting him to put up respectable numbers.

ALTHOUGH..........at home on national TV, Boller somehow tends to turn it on a little more (Packers and Vikings come to mind).

A pass means that I don't expect him to beat either team.

In fact, I don't think the game will be close...Brian will go in with a short passing shitty gameplan and we will fall behind...and with this team, being behind by more than 7 is as good as a loss.

I'm not saying a pass as in a horrible game...but if the game goes the way I expect, it won't be pretty because he will be playing catch up with an archaic offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbird View Post
    You are setting the bar way too high if that consistantly is "Measured Improvement". 18 for 30 with 225 yards and 3 td's to 1 int with is a qb rating over 100 (mvp type numbers in any year but this). even 2 td's and 1 int is a 90 rating. There are 7 qb's in the nfl this year (with a decent amount of td's obviously i am not including a backup with 2 td's and 1 int in total) that have a 2 to 1 ratio or better. If he put up those numbers in all 7 games the ravens would no way be looking for a qb in the draft. I think he will do well if Brian lets him throw the ball more than 5 yards at a time.
    Fair enough...maybe I got ahead of myself, but Billick needs to let him soar on his own power. That truly remains to be seen though and I don't think Billick will open it up......but we'll have to find out this weekend because I think the Browns are gonna come out throwing!!!

Blog Entries

A pass means that I don't expect him to beat either team.

In fact, I don't think the game will be close...Brian will go in with a short passing shitty gameplan and we will fall behind...and with this team, being behind by more than 7 is as good as a loss.

I'm not saying a pass as in a horrible game...but if the game goes the way I expect, it won't be pretty because he will be playing catch up with an archaic offense.
    I would agree, Billick will be timid with the gameplan against the Colts and Pats and it could get ugly quick!!

11. Re: Billick: Boller could possibly start remainder of season.

Let him play without the thought of being yanked for a bad pass or two, i am pretty much convinced that this season is over turn him loose and lets see what he can do. Throw the ball down the field and can we please get in the endzone at least once before the yaer is over.

Sigh. Ok Tex, I don't know why you insist on getting slapped around. But sometimes your stupidity reaches no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Once again you never cease to amaze me with your oblivious "tenderfoot" view of blaming the QB woes so prevalent over the years with the Ravens on anything but the real problem-which anyone can see if they only look and that is, lack of consistent talent year to year at the QB position.
    This from the same guy who asked why Rick Neuheisal doesn't deserve any blame for the offensive problems with the Ravens. That right there shows how utterly stupid you really are. Veteran fan my ass.

Now, hold your face out a little more........littttttle more. Here it comes........

Since all your hate spews towards Kyle Boller, it's almost like you believe Kyle was causing QB issues back when Tony Banks was QB'ing.

In 2001 we acquired Elvis Grbac who didn't want to restructure his contract with Kansas City. Oh yeah, you're right. He sucked before coming here. He only threw for 4164 yards, 28 touchdowns, and went to the Pro Bowl in 2000. One year here and not only did he not want to restructure with us, the guy got so beat up here he retired from football altogether. Didn't even want to come back to the Bengals. Nice job offense. Let's go looking again.

Jeff Blake, 2002. Here's a guy who went to the Pro Bowl in 1995. Had some success with Cincinatti. Comes here, goes down the drain. Pretty much ruins his NFL career after a stint here and Arizona. Oh, but that must all be Kyle Boller's fault.

Chris Redman. Your old hero, right? And should have been. Redman completed his college career as the NCAA Division I-A career leader in passing completions (1,031) and attempts (1,679). His 12,541 career passing yards ranked third behind Brigham Young's Ty Detmer (15,031 yards) and Louisiana Tech's Tim Rattay (12,746). Redman threw 84 touchdown passes and 51 interceptions and still holds virtually every single game, single season and career passing record at the University of Louisville. You'd think that would translate into at least somewhat of a successful career in the NFL. Well, we all know what the Ravens did to him. Where is he playing now? Granted he got injured as well. But he wasn't exactly lighting up the scoreboard here.

And now we have McNair and Boller, who have each been injured multiple times playing behind this offensive line, and setup to do nothing but dink and dunk the ball all game long. And now McNair is done.

I don't even want to go into things like no WR's until recently, offensive lines that specialized in retiring and injuring quarterbacks rather than pass or run blocking, no running back in 2001, injuries, etc:. I'm afraid your mind couldn't take all that.

Now, if you "veteran" NFL fan (you realize this is still a big joke to us don't you?) don't see the pattern in this, then you are even more stupid than I think you are right now. And that would take some serious effort at this point.

You mistakenly believe like the "dink and dunk" offense is the problem, yet that type of offense has only been a recent change.
    Oh really? I guess if you call 1999 "recent", then you are getting more senile than stupid. But ok.

I have to stop now because I have actually given you too much of my attention. Unfortunately, you really are like a brick wall, and I am glad that noone of any sane or level-headed stature actually believes you are a fan of anything. You are one of those "pretend" fans. You pretend to know things that you don't. And you make statements that are so outlandish and funny (our offensive line is just as good as Pittsburgh's continues to come to mind, or no QB in NFL history has ever succeeded throwing more interceptions than touchdowns), that I still often wonder why you don't understand how all but maybe one person here wants to 1) associate with you, or 2) take you the least bit seriously.

It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't so ignorant of actual and real football knowledge. But unfortunately you are.

And now you've had your 10 minutes of attention. That's all you'll get from me in this thread. And believe me when I tell you any response you type will be a waste of keystrokes because it will not get read. I can't continue to come down to where you are, it hurts my head too much. Here's something you'll understand...... :( :bag:
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 11-15-2007 at 09:17 PM.