Re: What Stadiums Have You Been To?

All for Ravens games:

Tennessee (Div. Playoff)
    Arrowhead (Wild Card)
    Gillette (2 reg season; 4 playoffs)
    Super Dome (SB 47)
    Lucas Oil (Div. Playoff)
    Jacksonville (MNF stinker:grbac:)
    Tampa Bay (never been so hot @ a football game!)
    Fed Ex (awful)
    Lincoln Financial
    Met Life (1st Jets game there)
    Sports Authority @ Mile High (2015 wk 1)
    Last edited by Tucker: M&T Sec 527; 07-14-2016 at 04:20 PM.

I'll add my list to the thread. Went to see FedEx field last year and caught the Jags game at M&T Bank.

Hoping to add Gillette stadium to the list for our road game. Has anyone been before and was it decent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travel a good bit for both O's and Ravens.. My list is beefy but I still need to knock a few more off.

Miami - ok.. hot as balls. Should be more comfy with the new semi-roof
    Tampa - again, hot as balls.. but we scored like 48 points in the first half. LOL.. Was at the beach by the 3rd quarter.
    Jax - several times (worked in Jax on and off for 5 years) - HORRIBLE stadium and horrible game day experience.
    Atlanta - several times (also worked in the ATL for several years) - oversized basketball arena. Joke of an NFL experience
    New Orleans - not a fan of domes but got to see us hoist the Lombardi.
    FedEx - several times - lousy stadium but fun for Ravens wins there.
    Philly (The Vet and the Linc) - I loved going to games at the Vet. Loud and obnoxious football crowds are the best. The Linc is kinda meh.
    Meadowlands (old) again, fun and raucous crowds. Will make my first trip up there to the new place this fall.
    Dallas (old) was there for the Ravens last visit when we ran all over their ass. Good times. Already have tix/plane/hotel lined up for my first trip to JerryWorld come November.
    Houston - nice stadium, but out off the beltway and not much to do in the area before/after games
    Arizona (old) - was there for a Ravens win in the early 2000's. Hottest stadium I've ever been in. It must have been 120 on the field that day and 110 in the stands. I want to say there were 5000 people there. In a stadium that held close to 100. LOL! Chris McAlister to the house!
    Oakland - total dump in a dump area. Hard to believe with so many nice areas around there that they are stuck in that place still
    Seattle - my favorite away game experience. Nice stadium, stumbling distance to bars and restaurants, fans that weren't too overbearing (pre Super Bowl win that is)
    Denver (both old and new Mile High) - close to downtown... Denver is a fun town. Great roadie city.
    Pittsburgh (both) - Three Rivers was terrible for football.. The new place is nice and you have to admit that's a football town that's fun to visit. Even more fun when we beat them.

New stadiums to visit this year: Jerry World and new Meadowlands

Wish list for future

Lambeau
    New Minny
    Arrowhead

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Travel a good bit for both O's and Ravens.. My list is beefy but I still need to knock a few more off.

Miami - ok.. hot as balls. Should be more comfy with the new semi-roof
    Tampa - again, hot as balls.. but we scored like 48 points in the first half. LOL.. Was at the beach by the 3rd quarter.
    Jax - several times (worked in Jax on and off for 5 years) - HORRIBLE stadium and horrible game day experience.
    Atlanta - several times (also worked in the ATL for several years) - oversized basketball arena. Joke of an NFL experience
    New Orleans - not a fan of domes but got to see us hoist the Lombardi.
    FedEx - several times - lousy stadium but fun for Ravens wins there.
    Philly (The Vet and the Linc) - I loved going to games at the Vet. Loud and obnoxious football crowds are the best. The Linc is kinda meh.
    Meadowlands (old) again, fun and raucous crowds. Will make my first trip up there to the new place this fall.
    Dallas (old) was there for the Ravens last visit when we ran all over their ass. Good times. Already have tix/plane/hotel lined up for my first trip to JerryWorld come November.
    Houston - nice stadium, but out off the beltway and not much to do in the area before/after games
    Arizona (old) - was there for a Ravens win in the early 2000's. Hottest stadium I've ever been in. It must have been 120 on the field that day and 110 in the stands. I want to say there were 5000 people there. In a stadium that held close to 100. LOL! Chris McAlister to the house!
    Oakland - total dump in a dump area. Hard to believe with so many nice areas around there that they are stuck in that place still
    Seattle - my favorite away game experience. Nice stadium, stumbling distance to bars and restaurants, fans that weren't too overbearing (pre Super Bowl win that is)
    Denver (both old and new Mile High) - close to downtown... Denver is a fun town. Great roadie city.
    Pittsburgh (both) - Three Rivers was terrible for football.. The new place is nice and you have to admit that's a football town that's fun to visit. Even more fun when we beat them.

New stadiums to visit this year: Jerry World and new Meadowlands

Wish list for future

Lambeau
    New Minny
    Arrowhead
    I was at that Cards game in 2003. Hottest game I can recall (gametime temp was 96 in a sun that feels like a light bulb is being applied to your exposed skin), they charge more for tickets on the shady side of the field, the paid crowd was 24,193, but there were maybe 15,000 there. On Sportscenter Stuart Scott voiced over an overhead shot of the mostly-empty stadium saying "by the way, residents of Arizona, this game was open to the general public."

I forgot about the Vikings new digs, but the Ravens will play there in 2017 if the rotation remains unchanged. The Falcons are due to replace the Georgia Dome in 2017 (Ravens should play there in 2018). and LA is currently scheduled for 2019 completion (Ravens play there in 2019). I almost hope the LA stadium arrives late so I can see the Ravens play at the LA Colleseum before they implode it.

Does anyone know of other stadiums with difinitive plans to break ground?
    Last edited by Filmstudy; 07-18-2016 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Does anyone know of other stadiums with difinitive plans to break ground?
    I believe that you named all new stadia. Minnesota is on my 2017 list as well, and LA whenever our team plays there.

A major renovation which I learned about recently: Jaguars complete renovation of their previously renovation of their club section. (The "old" club lounge had already been one of the NFL's better places).

I'm working on snagging a pair for the Sept 25th game, to check out the new digs and beat the heat. If you're interested in also overspending to get out of the Florida Sun, PM me.

btw, re the Arizona 2003 game: Having learned a lesson about the Sun Devil Stadium Sun & heat from the 2000 game, I arranged for 40+ from the predecessor message board to sit on the "shady" side of the stadium. The only shade we got was when the elevated pressbox cast a shadow over a few rows of seats. At least we had the Sun to our backs.

This was preceded by a large & loud tailgate party at the Tempe Holiday Inn. Also, there was a supposed skinny dipping at the Holiday Inn pool (alleged by Trap :grbac:) on the eve of the game.
    Last edited by Mista T; 07-18-2016 at 08:20 AM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    On Sportscenter Stuart Scott voiced over an overhead shot of the mostly-empty stadium saying "by the way, residents of Arizona, this game was open to the general public."

I miss that dude. I miss Sportscenter being worth watching.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tomrose9 View Post
    I'll add my list to the thread. Went to see FedEx field last year and caught the Jags game at M&T Bank.

Hoping to add Gillette stadium to the list for our road game. Has anyone been before and was it decent?

I've been to two Ravens games there and can't believe I'm saying this, but I lot it a lot. There isn't the culture or character of M&T tailgating, but the stadium experience itself and views of the field from the concourse and mezzanine are great. It's has an open expansive feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I believe that you named all new stadia. Minnesota is on my 2017 list as well, and LA whenever our team plays there.

A major renovation which I learned about recently: Jaguars complete renovation of their previously renovation of their club section. (The "old" club lounge had already been one of the NFL's better places).

I'm working on snagging a pair for the Sept 25th game, to check out the new digs and beat the heat. If you're interested in also overspending to get out of the Florida Sun, PM me.

btw, re the Arizona 2003 game: Having learned a lesson about the Sun Devil Stadium Sun & heat from the 2000 game, I arranged for 40+ from the predecessor message board to sit on the "shady" side of the stadium. The only shade we got was when the elevated pressbox cast a shadow over a few rows of seats. At least we had the Sun to our backs.

This was preceded by a large & loud tailgate party at the Tempe Holiday Inn. Also, there was a supposed skinny dipping at the Holiday Inn pool (alleged by Trap :grbac:) on the eve of the game.
    The 2003 Arizona weekend was epic! I wasn't at the Holiday Inn but spent a lot of the weekend with other Ravens fans and stayed hammered from Friday night on.. LOL.

As for JAX.. I like that Shad Khan is pumping a lot of his own money into the stadium and the surrounding area, but it's still an old dinosaur with a horrible upper deck that is way too far from the playing field. There is a reason that Khan still has to buy thousands of upper deck seats prior to game day to avoid blackouts (which I think is now a moot point). Anyway, the stadium there is vastly improved with the new scoreboards and the upcoming Club Level fix. But it will always have that atrocious upper deck and the tight alley way concourses in the lower bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    I've been to two Ravens games there and can't believe I'm saying this, but I lot it a lot. There isn't the culture or character of M&T tailgating, but the stadium experience itself and views of the field from the concourse and mezzanine are great. It's has an open expansive feel.
    Sounds awesome. Yeh, I'm planning on coming out for the Miami game at the bank and then the NE away game before flying back across the pond. Will catch Colts at Jets and Redskins at Philly in between. Should be a nice little trip up the East coast!

-Giants Stadium (Giants & Jets) - (Good all-around stadium, Johnson's & Mara's greed tore down a perfectly good stadium, Good for football and GREAT for concerts.)

-Veterans Stadium (Eagles) - (Part haunted house, part missile silo; I was 9 when scum bag Iggle fans in the 700 level burned my hat)

-RFK Stadium (Redskins) - (smaller version of Vet, Skins were slaughtered so fans spent more time ragging on Gus Ferrotte)

-FedEx Field (Redskins) - (More concrete: FedEx or the Chernobyl containment dome? Was the night Gus Ferrotte tested the stadium's structural viability with his forehead knocking himself unconscious and the game ended in a TIE!)

-M&T Bank Stadium (Ravens) - (Good all-around stadium, no escalators is a pain, kind of "eh" now, had beer spilled during a )

-Foxboro Stadium (Patriots) - (Towson U's stadium before reno, was a human rights offense that an NFL team called that dump home, worst traffic)

-Lincoln Financial Field (Eagles) - (Worst security lines which with my prior experience with Iggle fans is perhaps a good thing)

-Gillette Stadium (Patriots) - ("eh" stadium itself but mall/shopping plaza allows you to kill time instead of spending 12 hours in traffic on US-1)