Why is my TV listings showing Paid Programming??

I have Direct TV, and the guide does not show any 1PM game on CBS, anyone know anything about that?

Re: Why is my TV listings showing Paid Programming??

It's part of the contract CBS and Fox have with the NFL. They alternate doubleheaders and singleheaders every week. This is CBS' singleheader week, and since the Ravens play at 4:00 you get paid programming at 1:00. It annoys me because the Broncos play in the early game and if it was a CBS doubleheader week the Ravens would be on in Denver for the late game. It's just another way the NFL limits access to their product, and forces you to pony for Sunday Ticket.

Yeah, but I also noticed that there is no Fox game at four even though it's their double header Sunday. I don't remember Fox dumping out of the game opposite the Ravens before.

Fox probably doesn't want to have a game going against the Slurs in the nearby (to DC) B-mo market.

BS

Quote Originally Posted by shaslers View Post
    Yeah, but I also noticed that there is no Fox game at four even though it's their double header Sunday. I don't remember Fox dumping out of the game opposite the Ravens before.
    No FOX game because the Ravens are home & there can be no competing game on in the home teams market when the home team is home. So, there was no DH yesterday on FOX for those in the Baltimore market. 1 game at 1 on FOX & 1 at 4 on CBS. Nothing on FOX @ 4. That's how it works with the NFL as they try to get you to "pony for Sunday ticket". It's called limiting access to a product everyone wants to try to separate you even more from the $ in your wallet.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

6. Re: Why is my TV listings showing Paid Programming??

To make this even more confusing, in PA, the CBS channel showed the steelers v browns game at 1pm, and the fox channel showed the skins v eagles game. Then at 4pm they showed the ravens v bengals game. I wasnt home to watch it, but thats what it said in the listings. (the balt channel showed paid programing)
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com