Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Keep your heads up, there is some hope now

We have a chance, albeit a slim chance...But a chance is all we need.

One day at a time, one offensive series at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52
    We have a chance, albeit a slim chance...But a chance is all we need.
    I agree -- it obviously doesn't look promising, but it's not impossible, and shutting down CMac should be a medical decision in any event. If he's cleared to play, and we're not totally out of it, why not let him play?

We will no doubt be underdogs in most of our remaining games, but that doesn't mean we have to lose them.

Just seeing Boller hit Clayton deep against the Bengals, only being on the field a total of a few minutes, give me hope.

its something we weren't going to see from McNair this year.

PP, its not a hatred of McNair. It was a realistic view, I had since the middle/end of last season, that McNair was done. It wasn't just last year's Colts games. The games before that, and the games this year . . . the proof was in the pudding. The national media sees it. Fans see it. Don't shoot the messenger.

We would all love to have the Mac-9 under center that beat the Ravens at M&T bank in 2003. The player no longer exists.

And so, starting Boller gives me hope. And if it comes to that, starting Troy Smith give me hope. Starting about anyone besides an over-the-hill McNair gives me hope.

The Chiefs made the playoffs last year. Thats all I need to see to let me have hope.

This team just needs to get hot at the right time.

Its unlikely, but if for ANY REASON the Ravens make the playoffs, we're a dangerous team.

Thinks Pittsburg Steelers of a few years back being the 6th seed after a monster second half and winning the whole thing.

If we can get in, its means we've gotten healthy and explosive at the right time.

I can, and will, be optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    PP, its not a hatred of McNair. It was a realistic view, I had since the middle/end of last season, that McNair was done. It wasn't just last year's Colts games. The games before that, and the games this year . . . the proof was in the pudding. The national media sees it. Fans see it. Don't shoot the messenger.

Starting about anyone besides an over-the-hill McNair gives me hope.
    Dave. It's almost unanimous that people think Boller should be the starter and should've been playing earlier.

What part of that don't you understand?

You constantly go out of your way take shots at McNair and heap praise on Boller with outlandish takes.

It's in Boller's hands now. Sure, the season might be a lost cause as far as playoffs but Boller playing well for a 7 game span can really help this team as far as the future goes.

You just can resist taking pot shots instead of just focusing on the here and now.

PP

You just can resist taking pot shots instead of just focusing on the here and now.
    First of all I feel Boller should start. Right now an Injured Mcnair is not doing anyone any good. But if people feel they have to take pot shots at the QB they will. Its expected. You play bad, people will take shots. Its a two way street. You play well and you are celebrated, you play like shit you get booed. Just keep in mind some people have been saying some real bold statements about a guy who hasnt shown us much and when he falls on his face they will do one of two things--either go on a very long sabbatical or continue on with the unfounded support of a QB who has struggled his entire career.

I just find it funny that a boller basher is taking issue with pot shots.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

I wish I could feel better about the upcoming Colts game as Dwight Freeney now out for the year. However the Ravens haven't shown any offense. Even with a bad day the Colts can score 15 and I'll offense doesn't. I only hope the play calling changes now. In the past Dwight Freeney out I think we would all be pumped up but we even have to worry about the Browns now.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post

I just find it funny that a boller basher is taking issue with pot shots.
    Thank you, Crazy.

As for taking a sabatical, not going to happen. If Boller doesn't do well, I look forward to Troy Smith getting a shot.

PP, I don't think you understand my thing with McNair. Its not taking shots at him, its telling the truth. He's been washed up for the last 8 games or so. It'd be like recognizing that Johnny U was washed up as a Charger. Its not hate, its truth.

I just didn't think the Ravens ship needed to go down with McNair's career.

A few year ago, you and others thought that the Ravens ship didn't need to go down with Boller's career.

The only differences are 1) now the shoe is on the other foot 2) Boller is a young QB (still only 26) who probably needed more time to develop than we gave him.

I look forward to seeing whether his year 1/2 layoff as backup has helped him mature.

And like I said, seeing the deep completions he's had recently to any of our WRs, along with the deep ATTEMPTS PERIOD, gives me hope. More than I've had than with McNair since the 2nd half of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Thank you, Crazy.

PP, I don't think you understand my thing with McNair. Its not taking shots at him, its telling the truth. He's been washed up for the last 8 games or so. It'd be like recognizing that Johnny U was washed up as a Charger. Its not hate, its truth.
    Wait one second. I bashed Boller's play. I never questioned the guy's heart or desire to win.

Dave, you have posted numerous times about McNair's heart and that he's really a Titan etc......

Bashing a guy for his play (i.e. Boller for me) is expected.

I absolutely understand "your thing" with McNair. You whined from the beginning about him and you know damn well you took countless shots about more than just his play on the field.

You can pretend you didn't but I sat here and read it over and over myself.

While there are many things that are different between Boller and McNair (age, arm strength, style) there is one thing they both share. Heart and desire.

I'd love nothing more than Boller to succeed. I've said as much countless times on this board. That happening would solve a huge problem for this team. I fully admit I am skeptical but there is no other option now. Give him the ball for 7 games and see what he can do.

PP

I bashed Boller's play. I never questioned the guy's heart or desire to win.
    CBD didnt question Mcnairs desire or heart either. He Bashed Mcnair, cause he has it coming to him. It sucks that CBD can say these things about Mcnair especially when we are all ravens fans and all hope for the best but right now, he's on the money about him.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

CBD didnt question Mcnairs desire or heart either. He Bashed Mcnair, cause he has it coming to him. It sucks that CBD can say these things about Mcnair especially when we are all ravens fans and all hope for the best but right now, he's on the money about him.

Again, let me stress, that after Boller gets his final shot, I'm also totally ok with Troy Smith coming in or a miraculous (unlikely) recovery of Steve McNair.

But essentially, everyone who has been shouting that McNair was fine since his starting downhill 2nd half last year was wrong.

Honestly, I understand defending players against criticism, but they need an excuse thats at least half valid. Maybe last year McNair was worn out, didn't know the system, etc. But this year, there was no excuse.

Anyway, I think there's hope now that we can steal one from the colts at home, the chargers away, and if Boller happens to have another vikings/packers game in him, play the patriots tough.

here we go . . .

Yes, he did.

On this thread? No.

But in many others over the past year?

Absolutely.

What are you talking about? We are all (at least 99%) in agreement that McNair has been stunningly putrid this season and his play has been a huge reason why we are sitting here at 4-5.

Dave was certainly the lead in his assessment of McNair.

PP