Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Keep your heads up, there is some hope now

I posted this on scout, and I'll say it here. We all gotta have some hope here. It seems that the end of our Geriatric Senior QB experiment has come.

Here's where we have some hope: if we can beat the browns at home, San Diego is a very vulnerable team if we can stop LT (which we did last year).

If you didn't hear, Dwight Freeney might be out for season, and is at least out for our game. Likewise, it looks like they are HURT at WR with gonzales and harrison nicked up, and Aaron Moorehead is a bum and Reggie Wayne is SOFT (doesn't attack the ball)

If we can get back C-Mac and/or Samari Rolle we might have a chance.

I have the patriots game as a loss, obviously.

What it comes down to is, does Boller give us any spark?

To me, just seeing him look downfield to connect with Mark Clayton (he exists again?) is a plus. I think there's some hope.

He's to being optimistic for a 9-7 season.

2. Re: Keep your heads up, there is some hope now

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    I posted this on scout, and I'll say it here. We all gotta have some hope here. It seems that the end of our Geriatric Senior QB experiment has come.

Here's where we have some hope: if we can beat the browns at home, San Diego is a very vulnerable team if we can stop LT (which we did last year).

If you didn't hear, Dwight Freeney might be out for season, and is at least out for our game. Likewise, it looks like they are HURT at WR with gonzales and harrison nicked up, and Aaron Moorehead is a bum and Reggie Wayne is SOFT (doesn't attack the ball)

To me, just seeing him look downfield to connect with Mark Clayton (he exists again?) is a plus. I think there's some hope.

I am endlessly optimistic Dave...I think Brian Billick can take them on a 7 game winning streak...He did it last year, he's can do it again! I like your attitude bro!

Wink Re: Keep your heads up, there is some hope now

We are at the 9 game point of the season and it looks hopeless...... Don't forget what happened after the ninth game of the 2000 season. We were commiserating at the postgame tailgate party about Billick's offensive ineptitude 5 game TD-less streak and hoping for a miracle turnaround .... then came the 12 game win streak and Lombardi Trophy.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Keep your heads up, there is some hope now

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post

Danger! Danger! Will Robinson

I'll take that "soft" WR any day of the week.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I'll take that "soft" WR any day of the week.

PP

Did you watch that Colts game? He doesn't attack the ball. He just waits for it to come to him. That works when Manning is on, but with their starting LT out and Manning under pressure, the acuracy diminishes and Reggie Wayne isn't the type to bail him out.

Also, looks like Dwight Freeney is out for the YEAR

Honestly, I think we have a chance. Boller has to want to play well and create some sort of niche for him, as a starter or backup.

Mark Clayton seems to be getting healthy.

I like our chances if we can just beat the Browns. With the way Derek Anderson and that offense is playing, i think they're a tougher matchup than Indy or SD. Go ahead and hate on me, but we can stop the run. its the pass that kills us, and Peyton is looking innacurate under pressure (as usual) and Phillips Rivers is Phillips river. Doesn't scare me.

I have hope.

Look, to be honest I won't give up on this team ever but to be realistic we will finish 9-7 at best and probably 8-8. But you know, if Boller goes 4-3 over the final 7 then hell he should be named starting QB for week one next year right away.

I love the optimism. I'll hold out hope. But does Boller ever win on the road?
    9-7 sounds cool, but not with our Division/Conference record. 10-6 is the magic number. Its gonna take a lotta hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    I love the optimism. I'll hold out hope. But does Boller ever win on the road?
    9-7 sounds cool, but not with our Division/Conference record. 10-6 is the magic number. Its gonna take a lotta hoping.

I understand skepticism about Boller on the road. But think about his recent road history. Not great, but not abysmal

1) this year against the Bills, within 1 TD of winning, had 2nd and 1, and Billick calls 2 passes with our o-line playing like shit.

2) 2005 browns game. Threw a TD to Mark Clayton that would have locked up the game except everyone's favorite man Jonathan Ogden was illegally downfield.

Also, the chargers are the AFC team we're playing on the road, and they just almost choked up a win against the colts where they scored 1 offensive TD and 2 on special teams. I don't fear them.

I'd be worried about the Seahawks, but they play in the NFC. Nuff said.

If we lose to New England, but win out, that 10-6 with a good 2nd half streak and momentum going into the playoffs.

I'm not saying its LIKELY, i'm saying I have hope. Unlike McNair, for Boller Baltimore will be his legacy. He has all the motivation to make this happens, and the tools to do so. Billick just needs to let him win or lose the games for us.

BTW, I still think Boller could have won us the Colts game last year and should have gotten the 2nd half. His home record is impressive. But thats just me.

Well, I just checked the frig... There is a small cup of purple kool-aid left over from training camp. Might as well have at it!

I have never stopped hoping and keep the fact in mind that the ravens can overcome the odd, We were injured a lot in the first half of the season we are just getting healthy now for the second half. I will keep on rooting for this team and always look at the positives and not the negatives that Everyone else on hear seems to like pointing out.

Just like mother said if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Never say never...that's why I watch every game...even games I feel confident that we will lose.

BTW...I too would take Reggie Wayne over any of our WR's any day of the week.