Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Keep your heads up, there is some hope now

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Never say never...that's why I watch every game...even games I feel confident that we will lose.

BTW...I too would take Reggie Wayne over any of our WR's any day of the week.

For route running, separation, and hands, I'd take Reggie Wayne.

For toughness, ability to adjust to poorly thrown balls, and ability to BAIL OUT HIS QB, I wouldn't. i.e. HE'S SOFT

How did Manning throw 6 INTs agains the Chargers? He was under pressure (No Tony Ugoh) and his throws were a bit inacurate, but on at least 2 of those 6 Wayne could have gone up and played DB and stopped the INT but he stood there at watched the INT happen.

On most teams, your QB gets pressured and make those kind of throws, and your WR/TE has to bail your QB out. I don't think Wayne is capable and, for this reason, AT HOME, I expect the Ravens to pressure Manning and get their fair share of INTs from him, UNCONTESTED by Wayne/Moorehead/etc

Edit: This is where, while I hate him, Hines Ward is a great WR for adjusting to balls thrown way behind him, etc. To his credit, Mason is also great at doing this.

I'd think considering his numbers as well as Mannings...and the fact that last year Wayne seemed to take over as Mannings primary WR, Peyton and the Colts feel otherwise.

It's your opinion though and your entitled to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    For route running, separation, and hands, I'd take Reggie Wayne.

For toughness, ability to adjust to poorly thrown balls, and ability to BAIL OUT HIS QB, I wouldn't. i.e. HE'S SOFT

How did Manning throw 6 INTs agains the Chargers? He was under pressure (No Tony Ugoh) and his throws were a bit inacurate, but on at least 2 of those 6 Wayne could have gone up and played DB and stopped the INT but he stood there at watched the INT happen.

On most teams, your QB gets pressured and make those kind of throws, and your WR/TE has to bail your QB out. I don't think Wayne is capable and, for this reason, AT HOME, I expect the Ravens to pressure Manning and get their fair share of INTs from him, UNCONTESTED by Wayne/Moorehead/etc

Edit: This is where, while I hate him, Hines Ward is a great WR for adjusting to balls thrown way behind him, etc. To his credit, Mason is also great at doing this.
    Wayne still had like 150+ yards....

Did you watch that Colts game? He doesn't attack the ball. He just waits for it to come to him. That works when Manning is on, but with their starting LT out and Manning under pressure, the acuracy diminishes and Reggie Wayne isn't the type to bail him out.
    Dude, you have got to be kidding me. Yes I watched the Colts/Chargers game and I know exactly which play you are talking about where you are drawing your conclusion. Wayne didn't come back to the ball that Manning threw when he was under duress. Good lord man, the guy took some wicked shots over the middle and held onto the ball. He had 10 receptions for 140 yds and a TD and you're gonna come on here and blast the guy and say he's soft? I just....nevermind.

I understand skepticism about Boller on the road. But think about his recent road history. Not great, but not abysmal

1) this year against the Bills, within 1 TD of winning, had 2nd and 1, and Billick calls 2 passes with our o-line playing like shit.

2) 2005 browns game. Threw a TD to Mark Clayton that would have locked up the game except everyone's favorite man Jonathan Ogden was illegally downfield.

Also, the chargers are the AFC team we're playing on the road, and they just almost choked up a win against the colts where they scored 1 offensive TD and 2 on special teams. I don't fear them.

I'd be worried about the Seahawks, but they play in the NFC. Nuff said.

If we lose to New England, but win out, that 10-6 with a good 2nd half streak and momentum going into the playoffs.

I'm not saying its LIKELY, i'm saying I have hope. Unlike McNair, for Boller Baltimore will be his legacy. He has all the motivation to make this happens, and the tools to do so. Billick just needs to let him win or lose the games for us.

BTW, I still think Boller could have won us the Colts game last year and should have gotten the 2nd half. His home record is impressive. But thats just me.
    I understand your hatred for McNair. I understand your undying admiration for Boller. But please join us here in reality, will ya? This team has multiple problems. It isn't just the QB. No matter how much you'd like to believe it is, it's just not.

1. WE LOST THE BILLS GAME WHILE SCORING 14 POINTS. And yes, Billick called 3 straight passing plays that we all didn't understand. But guess what, none of them were completed to convert. Stop it please. If McNair was on the field, would you be saying "within 1 TD of winning"? Good lord.

2. The TD to Clayton would've "locked up" the game? That play was in the FIRST QUARTER Dave. And I love the "everyone's favorite man" dig at Ogden. The Ogden who has played Hall of Fame football for a decade but gets bashed by you on ONE penalty in the FIRST quarter of a game. But anything to protect Boller right? I mean, he only had 3 more quarters and some change to score another TD. Your 2 examples of Boller not being bad on the road involve 2 losses where we scored 16 and 14 points respectively. Stop with the excuses after excuses already. It's nauseating.

3. You don't fear SD after we've lost every road game except the Niners game where the only reason we won that game is because they might be the worst team in the league besides Miami. Not only have we lost those games but we've looked bad doing it. But throwing Boller out there is gonna change all that?

4. You're not worried about the Seahawks because they play in the NFC? This isn't 2003-2006.

5. Who cares where McNair's legacy is? Who cares where Boller's legacy is? You and only you. Everyone else cares about trying to win games. Both McNair and Boller have motivation to win every game they start Dave. Do you think McNair is happy or satisfied with the way this season has gone? He knows his play has been embarrassing and that he's a huge reason this team is 4-5. Your insinuation is clear because you've voiced this same stuff over and over. I've been the biggest Boller critic over the years but never have I questioned his heart or desire to win.

6. We know you think Boller could have won the Colts game last year. But guess what, he didn't play. But yea, Im sure he could've beaten a Super Bowl bound and winning team. Because he's proven that to us as well.

It's funny really. Everyone agrees that Boller should be the QB of this team. Most (including me) believe he should've come into the Bengals game at 6-0 or 9-0 with a chance to win the game. Instead of sitting back and seeing what the guy can do, you come on espousing delusions of grandeur without a leg to stand on to back anything up. Why?

Hope and positive thinking is one thing.

Ridiculous hyperbole is another.

McNair is out. Boller is in.

Let's see what he can do and stop projecting beating the defending Super Bowl champs.

How's that sound?

PP

I wasn't going to post a long response because you never know.

But how I really feel...thanks PP.

I don't give a damn about excuses, win a damn game on teh road.

Great thoughts CBD.

I hope they make the playoffs, I really do. I don't think it's especially likely, but hope springs eternal.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Its certainly helps having a short memory during a season like this.
    Before each game my memory is erased and I prepare with hope
    and joy for a Raven victory.

That lasts until the offense comes out.And the hope starts to sink bit by bit.
    As we see the same old,same old, futilty.

I'll be there at the start of every game like Pavlov's dog,expecting to be served a tasty treat.

GO RAVENS
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

This team is in a hole they put themselves in and the way out of it is to win this week and see how deep you still are. Then win the following week. Then the next.

One game at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    This team is in a hole they put themselves in and the way out of it is to win this week and see how deep you still are. Then win the following week. Then the next.

One game at a time.
    Exactly.

PP

I haven't stopped hoping for improvement, but frankly, if Billick had named McNair the starter for this next game, I would have probably given up. I'm not suggesting Boller is the answer to turning things around, but at least with Boller I have some hope. I wouldn't have with McNair, not after those last two games.

And hopefully CMac will be back for this game too.

They just need to shut C-Mac down for the year. Let him have the surgery. Let's see how good this "young stable of cornerbacks" really is! We need to find out what we have and they didn't look too bad against one of the most explosive receiving corps around in Cincy. I want C-Mac to be totally healthy going into next year!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    They just need to shut C-Mac down for the year. Let him have the surgery. Let's see how good this "young stable of cornerbacks" really is! We need to find out what we have and they didn't look too bad against one of the most explosive receiving corps around in Cincy. I want C-Mac to be totally healthy going into next year!
    I would have to agree....we are essentially out of right now anyway so lets see what we've got. They looked bad against the Stealers but rebounded well against the Bengals so lets see how they do against a New England and Indy offense....