Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Y'all need to get a life!

Everyone is a little edgy around here. These types of threads are understandable and probably good for a little in house fun.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

2. Re: Y'all need to get a life!

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I get what you're saying.

But really, with the expectations for this team being so high and the drop being so fast and quick, it's hard not to expect and understand what's being said.

Im actually over it as far as the disappointment. At least we won't be twisting in the wind all year fighting to barely make the playoffs. Our fates are pretty much sealed after 9 games.

Im just gonna enjoy the tailgates from here on out.

PP
    I just remember when we didn't have a team:( I longed for a team and we finally got one! I love the Ravens and it is hard to see them have a losing season, but at least we have a team....Injuries played a HUGE roll in our deficiency as a contender...I don't care what anyone else says, it hurts to have so many injuries at one time at KEY positions...Brian Billick was dealt the cards he has this year and I think he did the best he could with what he was dealt...Sure he made a few bad play calls, but I don't think he trusted this offensive line...They are so young..That being said, he took the team to 13-3 last year, took us to a Super Bowl and won it, and he had the youngest team in the NFL a couple of years ago, one game away from making the playoffs....I just get frustrated with the so called "fans" of the Ravens going off about this and that...I was just venting...

I just remember 58-7. That seems like ages ago!

4. Re: Y'all need to get a life!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I just remember 58-7. That seems like ages ago!
    Pittsburg had injuries last year too...Remember, Rottenburger had that little run in with that car's windshield

Excuses, excuses. What is it now? Injuries? McNair was supposed to be healthy as a horse after "resting" for 2 weeks and the bye and come back for Pittsburgh. A "healthy" McNair almost single-handedly lost 2 division games for us by turning the ball over constantly. And Billick, the genius, is about the only man on the planet who thinks McNair shouldn't be benched right now. (until the mysterious shoulder injury today)

Hell, even if we had Cmac and Rolle playing against Pittsburgh, we still lose that game with the horrendous offense this team keeps trotting out there.

What exactly is your point about having a team now? No one here is denying we don't love having the Ravens in town, but when the team you love underperforms and seems blind to fix the obvious problems, we as fans have a right to grumble. I can't sit here with purple-colored glasses on and blame all of the problems this year on injuries, because it's a lot more than that.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Yes, don't whine,don't complain,don't do anything.And before you know it we could become as bad as the Miami Dolphins.

Messageboards,radio shows,are a great place to vent,and let out your frustrations.People who are angry and frustrated at this point show me how much they love their team.They are hyper emotional about how far the team has sung,how high their expectations were for this team.

Picking holes where holes do not exist is stupid.But this team has plenty of holes and hang ups at the moment.It does not hurt for us to talk about them.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

All of this tells me one thing--that we really love our team. If that weren't so, we would not spend time writing and posting. We all should value the opinion of others, even if it isn't exactly our own.

However, I have seen things get personal and insulting over the past 2 weeks. I am going to enjoy the remaining games, even New England and the Colts, because they are good teams with good players and I like football.

I will hold out hope for a win, but if we lose, we always have the hope of next year with all the changes it brings.

No offense tspot...but get off your podium. People have a right to be pissed...and being pissed shows they do care about this team. If they didn't people wouldn't give a crap about what they did or how bad their play really sucks.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

The hysteria is ridiculous, I agree.

Everybody thinks there is a silver bullet, they know what it is, and they are incensed it is not being used.

It's not that simple, Tspot, but people want to believe it is. Fans like you, who are not wetting the bed because it's a down year and their expectations have not been met, are willing to stay to the end of the game even when the team is losing. But the ones whose hearts are broken, who cannot stomach the thought of cheering for the team even though it's not performing as well as we'd hoped, leave the stadium in droves.

I don't know for sure but I would guess you'd see this behavior most places. Let them be hysterical, most will come back to earth eventually.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Let me whine a little more....I am upset and"whine" because I see this team going down not just this year but for years to come. This is due to a lot of negative factors. SO i guess we cant say anything negative about a bad team or else we are whining huh.....I don't get that at all. Imagine this...
    Last edited by Mista T; 11-14-2007 at 01:37 PM.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

I am *certain* there used to be a rule on the internet that threads got locked when somebody brought up Nazis. Not out of political correctness but rather out of a philosophy that clearly useful discussion had come to a halt.

Mods?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I am *certain* there used to be a rule on the internet that threads got locked when somebody brought up Nazis. Not out of political correctness but rather out of a philosophy that clearly useful discussion had come to a halt.

Mods?
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens