Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Boller in - McNair out minimum 2 weeks

Wink Re: Boller in - McNair out minimum 2 weeks

I'd rather they had placed Mcnair on the IR list ... but I presume that Billick is keeping him around for the playoffs.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Boller in - McNair out minimum 2 weeks

Maybe we'll continue to attempt to run the ball on the goal line and avoid the inevitable turnovers McNair made so far this season.

Blog Entries

With McNair sidelined, rookie fifth-round pick Troy Smith will be Boller's backup. The Heisman Trophy winner has not taken a snap during the regular season.

"That's going to be a fun challenge for Troy, because now he's been around enough," Billick said. "The focus and attention that he brings to [preparing] is heightened."
    What does that last sentence mean? Is he planning on putting him in at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    What does that last sentence mean? Is he planning on putting him in at some point?
    He pretty much said it without saying it.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

It means that an NFL QB backup has to be prepared to play each minute because the next play could be the one that elevates them to playing. That is about all it means.

I'd rather they had placed Mcnair on the IR list
    The man has been injured from the get go, I hope we never see him again. Tony Banks never looked so good.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    It means as the backup he's going to get more snaps than he is right now. Instead of being the scout team QB, he will work with the second team in case he has to come into a game.

Basically it means he moves into Boller's role in practice. Nothing more, nothing less.

He's not injured its a way to save face in case Boller falls flat. This way they can bring McNair back in 3 weeks if they have to... god only hopes they don't.

Hahaha...yea his should becomes dislocated...I didn't realize your pride holds your non-throwing shoulder in place.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

I don't think two weeks is suddenly going to cure McNairs passing woes.
    He looks done to me.But hey its Billicks ship,lets float or sink with it.

If the season goes south any further,why not make Troy the backup to Boller,just to see what the kid has when the lights are on.MMmm,don't want to tread on anyones toes,and set Rome on fire.Billick could end up like Julius Ceasar with knives in the back..
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Regardless of the reason or spin, this move absolutely needed to be made. That Bengals game made me want to cover my eyes, especially when the offense was on the field. To play as badly as they did, against a really bad defense, was physically painful to watch. A change at QB will likely not solve all the teams problems but it can't hurt.