Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Boller in - McNair out minimum 2 weeks

Wink Re: Boller in - McNair out minimum 2 weeks

I'd rather they had placed Mcnair on the IR list ... but I presume that Billick is keeping him around for the playoffs.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Boller in - McNair out minimum 2 weeks

Maybe we'll continue to attempt to run the ball on the goal line and avoid the inevitable turnovers McNair made so far this season.

Blog Entries

With McNair sidelined, rookie fifth-round pick Troy Smith will be Boller's backup. The Heisman Trophy winner has not taken a snap during the regular season.

"That's going to be a fun challenge for Troy, because now he's been around enough," Billick said. "The focus and attention that he brings to [preparing] is heightened."
    What does that last sentence mean? Is he planning on putting him in at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    What does that last sentence mean? Is he planning on putting him in at some point?
    He pretty much said it without saying it.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

It means as the backup he's going to get more snaps than he is right now. Instead of being the scout team QB, he will work with the second team in case he has to come into a game.

Basically it means he moves into Boller's role in practice. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    It means as the backup he's going to get more snaps than he is right now. Instead of being the scout team QB, he will work with the second team in case he has to come into a game.

Basically it means he moves into Boller's role in practice. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Well, you may have not read the article, but Billick said... and I'm paraphrasing... You don't want to tip your hand, but there are some things you can do with a player like that!... Sounds more like he has plans to use him in games, not just practice!

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    Well, you may have not read the article, but Billick said... and I'm paraphrasing... You don't want to tip your hand, but there are some things you can do with a player like that!... Sounds more like he has plans to use him in games, not just practice!
    He's not coming in to play regular QB unless Boller gets hurt or just outright tanks. What Billick is saying is he might line up Smith in the backfield or something.

Wink Re: Boller in - McNair out minimum 2 weeks

Billick's staement on Smith has to have opponent DCs shaking in their boots!

Billick would be so obvious with his "trickery". Smith would line up as a flanker, possibly may receive a direct snap, then run a halfback option. The defenses would not have been fooled, and the best we could hope for would be an incompletion and avoiding atrophy of Smith's arm muscles.

Just like bringing in Clarence Moore in one of Billick's "tricky" goal line pass plays.:grbac:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I think that Billick is saying we may see him in their at some point during a game lining up as QB, most likely in shotgun. That way the defense has to "worry" about him throwing or running. Kind of like Randle El was used in Pitt at times. They do this more in college than the NFL for obvious reasons.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

It means that an NFL QB backup has to be prepared to play each minute because the next play could be the one that elevates them to playing. That is about all it means.

I'd rather they had placed Mcnair on the IR list
    The man has been injured from the get go, I hope we never see him again. Tony Banks never looked so good.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--