Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Breshad Perriman - Partially Torn ACL per Schefter

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Man you guys, I just heard this on Yahoo. That poor guy is snake bit. That is awful news. Sorry to hear this guys.
    Thanks CC, I feel for him going through this again

I'm getting loaded. Good night boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Thanks CC, I feel for him going through this again
    I can't even imagine. Injuries ruin a lot of dreams. God help him get through this.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Lets hope for the best and maybe we'll see him by the end of the regular season and potentially an impact player in the playoffs! Aw shit, I can't even say that with a straight face, this guy is going to need to light it up to salvage any kind of career here. Just a real head shaker.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I think a bust is a player picked very high that doesn't produce regardless of the reason. It's not Breshad's fault. Injuries happen. But he's failed to play the first two years of his 4 year contract. Maybe he comes out year 3 and lights the league on fire. I doubt it. He seems snake-bitten with injury much like Dan Cody and Sergio Kindle. My guess is Ozzie never picks a receiver in round 1 again.
    Yeah different people have different criteria for the label "bust." Me personally, I reserve that word for a high draft pick who stinks it up on the field. If he never sees the field that's unfortunate but I cannot call him a bust. I guess it's really just semantics at that point since neither type of player contributes positively...

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I can't even imagine. Injuries ruin a lot of dreams. God help him get through this.
    Thanks Cincy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    Yeah different people have different criteria for the label "bust." Me personally, I reserve that word for a high draft pick who stinks it up on the field. If he never sees the field that's unfortunate but I cannot call him a bust. I guess it's really just semantics at that point since neither type of player contributes positively...
    I dunno. I waffle back and forth. I think the general concensus was that Dan Cody was a bust. Elam is a bust, but for different reasons. I am not sure it matters. You're a 1st round pick, you either produce or you don't. In the end, does it matter the reason? Kindle was a bust as well.

9. Re: Breshad Perriman - Partially Torn ACL per Schefter

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    I would tend to agree with this. Obviously everyone has a different perspective on a situation like this. I know I didn't get angry at Suggs last year when he hurt himself in Denver. It's unfortunate what happened but all we can do is shrug this off, be glad we have Mike Wallace and Chris Moore, and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I think a bust is a player picked very high that doesn't produce regardless of the reason. It's not Breshad's fault. Injuries happen. But he's failed to play the first two years of his 4 year contract. Maybe he comes out year 3 and lights the league on fire. I doubt it. He seems snake-bitten with injury much like Dan Cody and Sergio Kindle. My guess is Ozzie never picks a receiver in round 1 again.
    I hear you, and yes, this would be a different type of bust, but IMHO, a guy who is this high of a pick literally giving you nothing at all over 2 years potentially to me is the same as a guy who can't play in the big picture to the team.

He was picked with the expectation to be a 1st round pick level contributor, and even though it's because of injury and not necessarily not playing well, he's not giving the team or fans what was expected.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I want to vomit. I'm not blaming Oz for this. When Perriman is on the field he looks like a great player. Some guys just have real bad luck. As already said the Wallace signing is huge now. We'll be ok imo, but this still sucks balls.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    I dunno. I waffle back and forth. I think the general concensus was that Dan Cody was a bust. Elam is a bust, but for different reasons. I am not sure it matters. You're a 1st round pick, you either produce or you don't. In the end, does it matter the reason? Kindle was a bust as well.
    Right. Like I said in my last sentence, regardless of the reason, neither type of player helped the team. Still, when I hear the word "bust" I automatically think of a Ryan Leaf or Akili Smith who both shat their pants on the field.