Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
Is Rex Ryan really a change? I mean, Ray thinks the defense is his not Rex's.. I want someone to come in and kick these players in the ass.. Someone who doesnt care about the players egos..
Rex is a defensive coach, and not an offensive genius. He would undoubtedly bring in a fresh, new offensive coordinator who could install his own system.

Another guy I wouldn't mind seeing is Russ Grimm. I bet he's still pissed about being passed over for the Pittsburgh job and I'm sure he'd leave Arizona for a head coaching job and a chance to play the Stoolers twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater
but why should Mason retire? I think he still enjoys playing the game and it's not as if his effectiveness has totally disappeared, as it seems to have with McNair.
Not that Mason's not effective anymore, I just think he wants to win as soon as possible and may not want to endure a few losing seasons by being part of a rebuilding process. Seemed he signed here thinking we had a shot at a Super Bowl, which is the one thing he's missing from his career.