Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: What is Kamar's role going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Which still isn't that bad when you consider the entirety of how the 2015 season went down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yup. Completely agree. Torrey was never north of 53% IIRC
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I agree. Aiken would be fighting for the #2 on a bit more than half the AFC based upon my expert 30 seconds scan-alysis.

That said, if you wake me from a 4 month coma at the conclusion of the 2016 season and tell me that Aiken led the club in <pick some WR category> for the season, my immediate response would be: pleeeease tell me that we had Pro Bowl starters at RB and TE.
    Seriously.

With the way the roster is shaping up, it almost seems like a lot of people are going to have numbers, but no one is going to have league-leading numbers. Assuming Joe throws around 550-600 passes this year (he threw 413 before getting hurt), I could see it shaking out like this:

Senior ~60 rec
    Maxx ~ 40 rec
    Watson ~ 30 rec
    Wallace ~ 50 rec
    Perriman ~ 40 rec
    Gilmore ~ 35 rec
    Aiken ~ 40 rec
    Pitta ~ 35 rec
    Forsett ~ 40 rec
    KJ ~ 25 rec
    Buck ~ 15

Just approximations, but with the level of talent and everyone wanting a piece of the pie, I don't see a 1,000+ yard guy at receiver right now. However, I do see 2-4 guys in that 600-800 yard range and maybe 1-2 guys in that 850-950 range.

If everyone stays healthy and the D can get off the field and create some turnovers in enemy territory, I think Flacco could very easily top 4,000 yards and 30 TD's. Maybe he'll even push 4,500 yards and 35 TD's?
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 06-01-2016 at 03:20 PM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Seriously.

With the way the roster is shaping up, it almost seems like a lot of people are going to have numbers, but no one is going to have league-leading numbers. Assuming Joe throws around 550-600 passes this year (he threw 413 before getting hurt), I could see it shaking out like this:

Senior ~60 rec
    Maxx ~ 40 rec
    Watson ~ 30 rec
    Wallace ~ 50 rec
    Perriman ~ 40 rec
    Gilmore ~ 35 rec
    Aiken ~ 40 rec
    Pitta ~ 35 rec
    Forsett ~ 40 rec
    KJ ~ 25 rec
    Buck ~ 15

Just approximations, but with the level of talent and everyone wanting a piece of the pie, I don't see a 1,000+ yard guy at receiver right now.
    I was saying that too. Like I detailed in my post, if Trestman is smart (which he is) he'll spread the ball and be strategic using complimentary talents.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

One thing I do like is Trestman knows how to use his WR's. We saw it in Chicago and I think we saw it a bit before the injury bug came around. Senior was killing it and it's not like he was making circus catches, he was just schemed well and was taking advantage of it.
    This is a great point.

I do think Trestman abandons the run too quickly in favor of a high-flying passing attack, but he really does scheme well and he knows how to scheme receivers open.

My hope is that with the speed we now have in Perriman and Wallace, the middle of the field is going to be a treasure trove of yards, 1st downs, and red zone success. Vertical speed on the outside means at least 1 or more DB's is going to have to drop deep leaving linebackers and/or slot corners covering guys like Aiken, Senior, Maxx, Gilmore, and Ben Watson (Pitta too, assuming he's on the team come September). Those are mismatches all day. Let's also not forget that JForce, Buck, Zo, and Richardson all have really good hands out of the backfield. They'll be factors in the passing game too. I didn't mention West because I'm not sure how his hands are. I'm also not mentioning Moore, Reynolds, Camp, Butler, and Waller because I dont know how that group is going to shake out yet.

This is a great point.

I do think Trestman abandons the run too quickly in favor of a high-flying passing attack, but he really does scheme well and he knows how to scheme receivers open.

My hope is that with the speed we now have in Perriman and Wallace, the middle of the field is going to be a treasure trove of yards, 1st downs, and red zone success. Vertical speed on the outside means at least 1 or more DB's is going to have to drop deep leaving linebackers and/or slot corners covering guys like Aiken, Senior, Maxx, Gilmore, and Ben Watson (Pitta too, assuming he's on the team come September). Those are mismatches all day. Let's also not forget that JForce, Buck, Zo, and Richardson all have really good hands out of the backfield. They'll be factors in the passing game too. I didn't mention West because I'm not sure how his hands are. I'm also not mentioning Moore, Reynolds, Camp, Butler, and Waller because I dont know how that group is going to shake out yet.
    Exactly.

I think the key to havign a potent offense in todays age is exploiting the middle of the field. That's why when we discuss Wallace considerations need ot be given to his off-ball abilities, and literally all the means is his ability to demand respect from a secondary and stretch them out. I would say the same for Perriman but I'm really hoping he's more than a deep threat. He has some tools to get to a #1 caliber, but has a lot of work to do as well.

If you have Perriman and Wallace on the outside, Smith in the slot and Watson at TE. You run deep routes (not necessarily just go routes) with Wallance and Perriman, that's going to drag two cornerbacks down and also make the safeties react (depends on their coverage obviously, but for this example say they're playing a cover 2) the creates an additional 5-10 yards i nthe middle of the field from the time of the snap to the time the ball is thrown and that is where Senior, Aiken (if he's on the field) and the TE's can work some magic and work linebackers that cover like ours (;)).
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

All this talk is really getting me excited! Trestman has so many tools at his disposal that we can easily attack anywhere on the field with Perriman/Wallace/Smith/Maxx all being able to stretch the field. Smith/Aiken/MadMaxx/Watson/Crockett/Pitta working the middle, and once teams realize they have no choice but to respect the deep ball with Flacco slinging 3-5 deep ones a game, Trestman can take advantage of 1 of his favourite plays with Buck/Dixon working screens.
    "God may own his soul but I own his [butt]."- 6-time Pro Bowl OLB/DE Terrell Suggs in 2011 (DPLOY season), describing his dominance of Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwick9 View Post
    All this talk is really getting me excited! Trestman has so many tools at his disposal that we can easily attack anywhere on the field with Perriman/Wallace/Smith/Maxx all being able to stretch the field. Smith/Aiken/MadMaxx/Watson/Crockett/Pitta working the middle, and once teams realize they have no choice but to respect the deep ball with Flacco slinging 3-5 deep ones a game, Trestman can take advantage of 1 of his favourite plays with Buck/Dixon working screens.
    That's a good way of saying it. The Buck/Dixon factor is huge and soemthing I actually ignored. Trestman loved ot use Forte and that's one of the reasons I like Dixon as a breakout guy this year.

Also - noticing your from Manitoba, nice to see another maple leaf on here! There's 4 of us now (winnipegraven and jonab are Canadian)
    - Ray Lewis

Yeah I've been lurking around the site for probably a few years now, really enjoy most of the conversations had. Figured it was about time I started to partake in the discussion!
    "God may own his soul but I own his [butt]."- 6-time Pro Bowl OLB/DE Terrell Suggs in 2011 (DPLOY season), describing his dominance of Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger.

Yeah I've been lurking around the site for probably a few years now, really enjoy most of the conversations had. Figured it was about time I started to partake in the discussion!
    Well, welcome my friend and great first thread! Good discussion to start. Makes for something to speculate about while we wait for some evidence on-the-field!
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Shoot I completely forgot about Dixon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really agree with this sentiment. I don't think Kamar is ever going to be a HOF'er or anything, but he's still young and coming off a season where he caught passes from three different guys and literally had scrubs lined up opposite of him. Kamar is a top-3 receiver on most teams' depth chart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :word

I wasn't thinking about that but a great point.

Not sure what this season holds but you gotta think Senior's days are limited.
    Hate to say it. Not sure he can get back to that level he did last season.

I think Kamar could be a D. Mason type receiver. Not bad, IMO. He may get #1 receiver coverage if we have no one else, but he's not a true #1. But he still makes those tough catches.

Still, he's a valuable guy, especially until the Ravens get a true #1.