Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 47484950 LastLast

Re: OT: Top Ten Wrestling Dream Matches

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Nah, I'm too cheap to pay the extra $ for VIP backstage at the moment. Not for 4 people anywho. Had my girls with me and they aren't quite into it as much as I am to spend the $ on VIP backstage. I had to contain my fangirl in front of the kids. ;)

I will keep waiting for my moment at a meet and greet outside of an actual wrestling event. That time will come thought. lol
    You will have your moment with her nick and it will be epic lol, Merry Christmas man

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    You will have your moment with her nick and it will be epic lol, Merry Christmas man
    Merry Christmas to you as well man!!

Merry Christmas to you as well man!!

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post

Lawd Have Mercy!

Lawd Have Mercy!
    A nice post Xmas present for you LOL

Who all is watching the Royal Rumble tonight and whos' your pick to win it. I'm down to 2 guesses of Braun Strowman or Bray Wyatt.

Blog Entries

I'm back to watching again. Kind of fell out of it after Summerslam other than the Brock/Goldberg match at Survivor Series, which was hilarious. Overall, I thought RR was a great show with a mediocre finish. All the singles matches were entertaining, the Cena/AJ match was MOTY quality, and the RR match was good until the last 15 minutes or so.

Really feel like WWE is just trolling people with Roman now. Having him come out at 30, eliminate Taker, and having him go up against Undertaker at WM, they are in full troll mode. There is no galaxy in which any wrestling fan is going to actively cheer Roman over Taker. I don't get it, but I never will when it comes to their handling of him. I almost feel bad for him at this point. I thought I heard the fans chanting "same old shit" when he came out, although it may have been "this is bullshit", which is not better. Not to mention, a match between Roman and Taker is sure to be awful, given the shape Taker was in at RR. He looked like he could barely move and he was much heavier than he's ever been.

I don't really get Orton winning the Rumble. Orton vs. Cena is something that we've seen in many forms for a decade now. I assume Wyatt will be involved somehow but again, Wyatt and Cena is something we saw just a couple of years ago.

I would rather have a 60 minute Iron Man match between AJ and Cena for the title at WM. They are 1-1 and both matches were phenomenal, I want to see it again. I don't even care who wins. The real crime at Mania is going to be if AJ is stuck in some midcard feud with someone like Miz or Baron Corbin rather than near the top of the card where he belongs.

I don't really even pay attention to Raw at this point but I will say their development and handling of Braun has been great. I'm of the belief some time in the next few weeks we'll see the JeriKO split and that will be the Raw main event at WM. As it should be, as they are the two that have carried the show for the entire year, basically, and it's a story that they've been building for a year. When I look at Raw's roster and where the top pieces are falling for WM, Roman/Taker as I mentioned, Seth and HHH and/or Samoa Joe, there aren't many more possibilities I see for KO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'm back to watching again. Kind of fell out of it after Summerslam other than the Brock/Goldberg match at Survivor Series, which was hilarious. Overall, I thought RR was a great show with a mediocre finish. All the singles matches were entertaining, the Cena/AJ match was MOTY quality, and the RR match was good until the last 15 minutes or so.

Really feel like WWE is just trolling people with Roman now. Having him come out at 30, eliminate Taker, and having him go up against Undertaker at WM, they are in full troll mode. There is no galaxy in which any wrestling fan is going to actively cheer Roman over Taker. I don't get it, but I never will when it comes to their handling of him. I almost feel bad for him at this point. I thought I heard the fans chanting "same old shit" when he came out, although it may have been "this is bullshit", which is not better. Not to mention, a match between Roman and Taker is sure to be awful, given the shape Taker was in at RR. He looked like he could barely move and he was much heavier than he's ever been.

I don't really get Orton winning the Rumble. Orton vs. Cena is something that we've seen in many forms for a decade now. I assume Wyatt will be involved somehow but again, Wyatt and Cena is something we saw just a couple of years ago.

I would rather have a 60 minute Iron Man match between AJ and Cena for the title at WM. They are 1-1 and both matches were phenomenal, I want to see it again. I don't even care who wins. The real crime at Mania is going to be if AJ is stuck in some midcard feud with someone like Miz or Baron Corbin rather than near the top of the card where he belongs.

I don't really even pay attention to Raw at this point but I will say their development and handling of Braun has been great. I'm of the belief some time in the next few weeks we'll see the JeriKO split and that will be the Raw main event at WM. As it should be, as they are the two that have carried the show for the entire year, basically, and it's a story that they've been building for a year. When I look at Raw's roster and where the top pieces are falling for WM, Roman/Taker as I mentioned, Seth and HHH and/or Samoa Joe, there aren't many more possibilities I see for KO.
    The way it looks to me, they are setting up a swerve with Luke Harper. I think he ends up helping Wyatt win the belt in the Chamber match, which will put Orton against Wyatt at Mania. That's what I would do. I'd take the belt off of Cena that quick. He doesn't need to keep it for several months. Keep him in the mix, as well as Styles (because he's one of, if not the BEST wrestler in the company) I don't mind them bringing Corbin into the mix. They need new faces up there instead of the same weekly matches.

The whole Miz/Daniel Bryan feud is a bit pointless to me, unless Bryan is cleared to return. There's absolutely no reason to have the feud if there's no pay off match between the two. Bryan doesn't need a feud to be relevant in his new role, and the Miz doesn't need to feud with someone he won't even get in the ring with. There needs to be some kind of match for a pay off.

Taker is done! Dude can't even move. He doesn't even walk down the ramp anymore when he shows up. Lights go out, come back on and he's already in the ring. lol I don't think they are setting up a Taker vs Reigns match at Mania. I think Reigns feud with Strowman will end at Mania. Maybe Taker appears and screws Reigns somehow, but even then, that would set up a feud between those 2 and I just don't see Taker putting on a decent match in the shape that he's in. He needs to hang it up.

Lesna vs Oldberg is a total snooze fest. Brock dominates the entire locker room during his comeback, only to have Oldberg come off the couch and dominate him, twice now? Nah, I'm not buying that. I know the end result will be Brock going over and Oldberg going back home to his couch, but I don't even care to see another match between those 2.

Tired of HHH having a Mania match each year. Still agree with Punk that it's not needed and it's taking a spot away from a full time wrestler. It's the same exact story each time HHH is involved, and it's gotten stale. I'm not saying the match with him and Rollins won't be a good one, but I just don't care to see HHH out there one or 2 times a year with the exact same story as the last few years. Having Samoa Joe in the mix isn't making the feud any better. I know they had to find a way to bring him up to the main roster, but he could have been #30 or even been one to accept one of Strowman's open challenges. I'd rather see Joe in a feud with Strowman than Reigns.

Jericho and Owens match, when they finally start that feud full force, will be the match of the night IMO. Those 2 are the only reasons to be watching RAW these days.

Waiting for Balor to make is return so I'll have another reason to watch RAW

Yes, that Cena/Styles match should win MOTY. If it doesn't, I can't wait to see what match beats it. Gonna have to be a damn good one. Glad the bar was set high very early in the year. :)

Women's division on RAW is a total joke. Complete snooze fest.

Where I like the idea of the cruiserweights being back, I don't like them having matches on RAW. Keep 205 live separate. It doesn't fit in with RAW and it makes it where they have to have a commercial break and backstage segment to set it up, only to have one match then go right back to commercial to change back to RAW. It's all RAW stories and matches, then all of a sudden, we are back with purple ropes and shit and a cruiserweight match that if you don't watch the 205 Live show, you don't really have any vested interest in to begin with, more commercials, then back to RAW. It's out of place IMO.

Anywho, the brand split still isn't anywhere near what it could have been. They are still not "competing" against each other like Vince wanted them to do for "control" The only time it's even been brought up as any type of competition is when Smackdown beat RAW in ratings that one time. (Honestly don't see how it hasn't been more than once, because Smackdown is the superior show now) The totally dropped the ball on that one, again. From their standpoint, it's a success because it wasn't done to "shake things up". It was done with the sole purpose to get people to watch Smackdown, especially with them making the move to USA Network. It worked. Smackdown's ratings are up, so it's a success to them and USA Network. But as far as storyline standpoint, they are not following through with how it was set up, which is not a plus for the fans. IDK, I could be the only that is still bummed that they didn't do it the way it could have been done with actual competition, trades and such. Make me believe Shane and Steph are actually trying to out do the other for control of Daddy's company!

Poor Ziggler. Get's a nice push/feud against the Miz, wins the IC title, then loses and gets pushed back down to midcard snoozefest level. Heel turn, okay. Mid card matches, yet again...why?

I'm done rambling for now. lol

Just got word that Rollins reinjured his knee during the Samoa Joe attack this past Monday and his timetable for a return is unknown. Huge blow for RAW.

EDIT. It could be just storyline. Rollins left arena on crutches but it could just be a work. Guess we will have to see if Rollins is on RAW next week or live "via satellite".
    Last edited by nickh0801; 02-01-2017 at 12:55 PM.

The right knee injury that Seth Rollins suffered at Monday's RAW in the fight with Samoa Joe is believed to be a torn MCL, according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

We noted before that Rollins was evaluated by doctors in Birmingham, Alabama on Wednesday and early word is that he will be out of action for around 8 weeks. The scheduled match with Triple H at the April 2nd WrestleMania 33 pay-per-view is possible but not definite. This is the same knee that Rollins had reconstructive surgery on last year, forcing him to miss the first scheduled match with Triple H at WrestleMania 32.

As speculated earlier, The Observer adds that the segment on RAW was to set up Joe vs. Rollins at the March 5th Fastlane pay-per-view. Rollins would then face Triple H at WrestleMania 33

Blog Entries

Bill Goldberg as WWE Champion going into Wrestlemania in 2017. What a time to be alive. Y'all know I was excited as hell to see Goldberg back for the nostalgia factor but I didn't want this. And doubly so because it means Brock is going to be the champ after WM...which means no title defenses and rare title appearances from WM until Summerslam, most likely.

Blog Entries

I cancelled my Network subscription this morning. I'm at the point where I can no longer tolerate the bullshit coming from the company, and not even the return of the Hardyz (which was awesome) is enough to make me stay.

The best wrestler on the planet going against a 50 year old non-wrestler in the curtain jerking match. Allowing a guy who has no business doing so to retire Taker. Burying Bray again in favor of a mid-30s part timer. One of the best performers in the company since the brand split gets stuck in a throwaway tag match with the only purpose being to allow Cena to propose to Nikki. Dean and Braun not even on the main card. What? Come on.